Windows 10: Can't Access Password Screen

Discus and support Can't Access Password Screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever I press a button on my key board to get to my password screen, it lags for a bit, and just before it goes my password, it turns black and goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by nsepvo-1, Dec 3, 2018.

1. nsepvo-1 Win User

Can't Access Password Screen

Whenever I press a button on my key board to get to my password screen, it lags for a bit, and just before it goes my password, it turns black and goes back to my login screen. Is there a way I can stop this? I dont really have anything on the laptop anyway so can I somehow restart the entire laptop? Please help, thanks.

:)

nsepvo-1, Dec 3, 2018

2. Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

Please let us know

• Are you logged in with a local account or Microsoft account?
    • Have you tried typing the password with On-Screen keyboard?
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: On-Screen Keyboard

You may use the accessibility options to pop open a on-screen keyboard and type the password from there to make sure you are typing the correct password.

If the issue persists,

Step 2:

If you see your email address listed there, it must be a Microsoft account. You will be able to reset the password and log in if your PC is connected to internet.

Refer,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Hope this information was helpful.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Window 10 does not recognize password

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

If you are referring to the lock screen, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• On the lock screen, click on Ease of access icon next to network connection icon.

• Click On Screen keyboard.

• Type the password and check.

I also suggest you to change the language and check.

• On the lock screen, click on language icon next to network connection icon.

• Click the language to US English.

• Type the password and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 3, 2018
  4. alilpup13 Win User

need help getting into my hp envy password and it won't let

I need help getting into a hp envy sleekbook as I forgot my password and I can't access my computer. .and suggestions

alilpup13, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't Access Password Screen - Similar Threads - Can't Access Password

2. Can't access bitlocker password page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access bitlocker password page: my laptop locked me out this morning and no matter what i tried i couldn't get into my microsoft account from my phone so i changed the backup email to my current one and now i can't access the bitlocker code page for an entire month. it goes without saying that i can't just...
  3. Can't access bitlocker password page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access bitlocker password page: my laptop locked me out this morning and no matter what i tried i couldn't get into my microsoft account from my phone so i changed the backup email to my current one and now i can't access the bitlocker code page for an entire month. it goes without saying that i can't just...
  4. Can't access bitlocker password page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can't access safe mode with my password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't access safe mode with my password: I have even changed my password and it still will not accept my password. I do not remember my old password please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-safe-mode-with-my-password/89146625-74b3-470e-92fc-f1df9df65acb
  6. Can't access my laptop because of the password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't access my laptop because of the password: I was having problem with my new laptop. So I decided restart it and start again from fabric default. Everything went OK till once finished the windows installation the system ask me for my username and password. I used the ones that I had but it didn't work. I tried to start...
  7. Password Screen Access

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password Screen Access: When I try to open my laptop, the password page will not open unless I click on the internet links on the pictures. How do I get it to display the password screen by pushing the spacebar again?...
  8. Can't access anything with administrator password!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't access anything with administrator password!: Hello, We upgraded our to 50mbs yesterday. I got a new modem so it required you to put in a new network name and password. I setup our xbox 1X, ps4, ps3, 3 smartphones and our tablet but when I set up my laptop it wouldnt let me access the internet so I set up a new...
  9. Forgot local password and can't access Windows

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Forgot local password and can't access Windows: My wife used a local password to log into Win 10, and got a Microsoft account, specifying another password. The next time she booted up, neither her old nor new password was accepted. We don't have a Win 10 CD to fix things, because we downloaded Win 10 online. I've tried...
  10. Can't access shared folder with password protection on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access shared folder with password protection on: As I said in the title I can't access a shared folder with password protection on but I can with password protection off. Also I can't stop sharing, when I click the button to stop sharing nothing happens. Thanks in advance. 43682