Windows 10: Can't access previously accessible partition on Windows 10

Discus and support Can't access previously accessible partition on Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a partition on my computer which had lots of movies and music on. When a young family friend was coming to stay, I made a new user account on my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RobinMurray1, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Can't access previously accessible partition on Windows 10

I have a partition on my computer which had lots of movies and music on. When a young family friend was coming to stay, I made a new user account on my computer for him to use, and tried to increase the security on my computer so he couldn't access that drive.

Somehow I can't access the partition anymore, and it says it's FAT32. I've tried everything to access it again. I used to be able to, so I don't know why I can't anymore.

I have all administrative privileges, and the drive has no security tab so I can't change it back.

:)

RobinMurray1, Jun 26, 2020
  2. bhaalkc Win User

Help accessing recovery partition

if he deleted the recovery partition, you wont be able to access it. You will have to reinstall Windows from dvd or cd.....

bhaalkc, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Cvrk Win User
    Windows 8 can't access partitions

Oh boy. I need help!

A few days ago i messed around with the security settings at my local hard driver partition D & E. Did some stupid things that i had no idea how to undo,long story short this happened

Can't access previously accessible partition on Windows 10 [​IMG]

Searched the internet found some solutions. Nothing worked. Formatted partition C,reinstalled windows. The clever thinking behind this move was..."well fresh windows, brand new default settings,all goes back to normal".
    That was a fail. Still could not access my partitions after fresh reinstall. But i don't give up easy, mind you. I switched to the administrator account. And boom! The partitions were accessible ,everything was well.
    Started installing my programs etc. all was well. Until a hour ago. I tried to access the weather app,the store app,and basically everything else int he metro screen . And i got this.....

But i'm a professional....i know how to use google. After a few fails i ended up at this fine gentlemen website.
    Islam Adel - Windows 8 - Fix This app can't open for Built-in Administrator account

So i enabled this.

Can't access previously accessible partition on Windows 10 30tpb39.jpg

and the other thing in regedit (witch was already good).
    I restarted computer,now i can use windows app's. But can no longer see my partitions.....again!

Can't access previously accessible partition on Windows 10 hwwqqw.jpg

Can't access previously accessible partition on Windows 10 2rzwjgh.jpg

I did tick the :replace all child ...". Did not work.
    So how do i get my partitions back and still be able to access my windows app's from administrator account ?

4. Ahhzz Win User

Can't access previously accessible partition on Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Can't access previously accessible partition on Windows 10

1. Can't access previously accessible partition on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't access previously

2. Can't access previous Windows 10 account on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access previous Windows 10 account on Windows 11: I got a new pc and decided I would install Windows 11 on the new drive. I kept my old drive in my new system which still has Windows 10 on it. I tried to login with my account in Windows 11 but my games library doesn't show the games I purchased. I was able to get my sons...
  3. Can't access previous Windows 10 account on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access previous Windows 10 account on Windows 11: I got a new pc and decided I would install Windows 11 on the new drive. I kept my old drive in my new system which still has Windows 10 on it. I tried to login with my account in Windows 11 but my games library doesn't show the games I purchased. I was able to get my sons...
  4. Can't access previous Windows 10 account on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Partition access

Partition access: My SSD has Windows 10 on two separate partitions, which I use for different purposes. There's a further partition with Windows 7. Let's call Win 10 partitions A and B and Win 7 is C. In the past, I got a screen allowing me to select the partition, with A as the default. I...
  6. Access to EFI Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access to EFI Partition: After the latest windows update, when I open file explorer, three extra drives were added besides the c drive. Winretool partition was assigned y drive, PBR partition was assigned x drive and ESP (efi system partition) was assigned e drive. I was able to remove the y and x...
  7. Access to EFI Partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Access to EFI Partition: After the latest windows update, when I open file explorer, three extra drives were added besides the c drive. Winretool partition was assigned y drive, PBR partition was assigned x drive and ESP (efi system partition) was assigned e drive. I was able to remove the y and x...
  8. Previous calendar access

Previous calendar access: With the newest Windows 10 update I have lost access to my previous calendar. This is a serious problem since it was the only calendar I keep. It may have been associated with Yahoo. I don't recall for sure. Help !!!!...
  9. Can't access to EFI Partition although it be mounted!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access to EFI Partition although it be mounted!: Few days ago, I can mount and access efi partition with explorer++ and disk genius. But now I can't access it although it be mounted. It shows the message as I don't mount the disk: "You don't currently have permission to access disk folder". How can I fix it to access throw...
  10. HP laptop - Can't access to Recovery partition

in Windows 10 Support
    HP laptop - Can't access to Recovery partition: Hi there. I tried to install Manjaro Linux first and than Fedora 25 on my laptop, but after that I was not able to boot Windows anymore neither to access the Recovery hitting F11 at the boot. Furthermore, I couldn't find any Windows entry hitting F9. I think the problem is...