Windows 10: Can't access router admin page on private network

Discus and support Can't access router admin page on private network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have noticed that I am unable to access my router's admin/log in page if my network is set to private. I have checked to make the sure that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jprichie, Sep 20, 2020.

1. jprichie Win User

Can't access router admin page on private network

I have noticed that I am unable to access my router's admin/log in page if my network is set to private. I have checked to make the sure that the browsers are on the list of apps to be allowed through the firewall. I have disabled Windows Defender. I have checked 3 different browsers. The only thing that works is switching my network to Public and it connects right away. This is the error I get on private.

Hmmm… your Internet access is blocked

Firewall, antivirus software, or Windows Information Protection policy may have blocked the connection.

Try:

• Checking the connection
    • Checking firewall and antivirus configurations
    • Running Windows Network Diagnostics
    • Contacting your network administrator
    ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED

:)

jprichie, Sep 20, 2020

2. Unable to access the Admin page of my modem router since latest Windows 10 update

Since I updated the latest Win 10 update, I am unable to access my modem router's admin page. I previously never had any problems logging to the admin page. I took the extra step of uninstalling my antivirus/firewall program and logging in to no effect.
    I can access the internet and have no issues in viewing any website. The only time I have been able to access the modem router admin page since the last Windows 10 update is when I start windows in Safe Mode with networking. Refer message below:

Your Internet access is blocked
    Firewall or antivirus software may have blocked the connection.

Try:

• Checking the connection
    • Checking firewall and antivirus configurations
    • Running Windows Network Diagnostics

ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED

Check your Internet connection
    Check any cables and reboot any routers, modems or other network devices you may be using.

Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings.

If it is already listed as a program allowed to access the network, try removing it from the list and adding it again.

BillFrauendorff, Sep 20, 2020
  3. Bolser Win User
    Can't access router config page 192.168.1.1

Thank you for your answer, I have done what you have said and I've found that https://192.168.1.2 is the Admin Configuration Settings page.
    but why it is not on the https://192.168.1.1 page ?

Bolser, Sep 20, 2020
  4. JohnD Win User

Can't access router config page 192.168.1.1

Sorry, but that will only work for Netgear routers.

Default URLs for well known routers' control panel home page:

Apologies if you've tried all the suggestions below.

• Make sure that your router is plugged into an active power source.
    • Make sure that the device that you are using to access your router's interface is connected to your router's network.
    • If you're having trouble connecting to your router's network through WiFi, try using an Ethernet cable.
    • If you changed your router's default IP address, enter your new IP address instead of the default IP addresses.
    • Some firewalls and popup blockers stop JavaScript from running. If your router web interface uses JavaScript, you might need to temporarily disable your firewalls and popup blockers while you access your router's interface.
    • If your web browser cache is full, you might need to clear it.

JohnD, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't access router admin page on private network - Similar Threads - Can't access router

2. can no longer access router admin page from certain pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can no longer access router admin page from certain pc: i can't access my router login page from any browser after installing iis a few months ago, typing 192.168.1.1 would take me to the iis page only. after uninstalling iis i still can't access the admin page site can't be reached. the router admin page can be access perfectly...
  3. can no longer access router admin page from certain pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can no longer access router admin page from certain pc: i can't access my router login page from any browser after installing iis a few months ago, typing 192.168.1.1 would take me to the iis page only. after uninstalling iis i still can't access the admin page site can't be reached. the router admin page can be access perfectly...
  4. can no longer access router admin page from certain pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unable to access my router admin page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access my router admin page: Hi there everyone,I have an ASUS RT-AX86U router for one and half year now. I've been using it always with the same setup - laptop connected via ethernet cable - and I was always able to access its admin page via browser.Yesterday, I connected for the first time an HDD to the...
  6. Unable to access my router admin page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access my router admin page: Hi there everyone,I have an ASUS RT-AX86U router for one and half year now. I've been using it always with the same setup - laptop connected via ethernet cable - and I was always able to access its admin page via browser.Yesterday, I connected for the first time an HDD to the...
  7. Unable to access my router admin page

8. Can't access router.

Can't access router.: MY configuration: I an trying to adjust to a recent change in my home network. I have Comcast phone, TV and Internet. The Comcast modem/router/Tele connection is in the basement. To have strong wireless upstairs, on the 2nd floor -- at the other end of the cable -- is another...
  9. Can't access router config page 192.168.1.1

Can't access router config page 192.168.1.1: I am on Win 10 Home 64 bit, I noticed that I cannot reach my wi-fi router config page http://192.168.1.1. Doing so gives me the "can't reach this site" on all browsers - Chrome, FF, IE, Edge. I am able to ping 192.168.1.1 I have tried various suggestions like disabling...
  10. Bind server to port on a private network connection (no router)

Bind server to port on a private network connection (no router): Hi! I have a wired Ethernet connection between a PC and a Mac (is that the issue?), and when locally hosted servers (on PC) are hosted, I get issues, but mainly issues binding to ports. Is the issue that I am not using a router or something like that? 47561