Windows 10: Can't access router config page 192.168.1.1

Discus and support Can't access router config page 192.168.1.1 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am on Win 10 Home 64 bit, I noticed that I cannot reach my wi-fi router config page http://192.168.1.1. Doing so gives me the "can't reach this site"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dotted decimal, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Can't access router config page 192.168.1.1

I am on Win 10 Home 64 bit, I noticed that I cannot reach my wi-fi router config page http://192.168.1.1. Doing so gives me the "can't reach this site" on all browsers - Chrome, FF, IE, Edge. I am able to ping 192.168.1.1 I have tried various suggestions like disabling Firewall, disabling anti-virus, ipconfig /renew, updating network driver etc. I am able to access the config page from my mobile and tablet. I remember I was able to access the page sometime ago, some changes seem to have been made recently but can't seem to figure out. Please help!

:)

dotted decimal, Jan 10, 2017

2. Nokia Lumia 635 won't connect via Wi-Fi to internet.

I had problem with my Lumia 635 connecting to Home router.

Nothing helped me but one simple thing.

I opened my router config page, something like: 192.168.1.1

There was a button REBOOT.

So, I rebooted my router.

Everything was fine since then.

KonstantinPankratov, Jan 10, 2017
  3. mak140174 Win User
    connection to wireless with WM 6 HTC TOUCH

At home, my HTC detects the wireless. The signal is good too. If I browse to http://192.168.1.2 I am able to see the router's setup page. If I browse to 192.168.1.1 I am able to see the ADSL modem's setup page. But, if I try to browse to any other URL, I
    get something like 'Cannot find page'.

I just tried waht you mentioned but something is blocking the access, I can access either my access point or my router, but I get a new message the page cannot be downloaded because the connection was lost.

Something strange, yet in both AP301 access point and Router config pages I see that the HTC is recognised and connected..

Getting a litle fed up with this...

mak140174, Jan 10, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Can't access router config page 192.168.1.1

What shows for ipconfig /all in a Command Terminal. Find the Default Gateway. It is possible that it is a https.

bro67, Jan 10, 2017
  5. I have tried https. ipconfig output is as follows:

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi: Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Home Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::6d22:7633:761:1364%6 IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.4 Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

6. UKMedia Win User
    Sorry, if I'm insulting your intelligence but can you check that the PC IP address is 192.168.1.xxx

UKMedia, Jan 10, 2017
  7. Yes I do have the ip address 192.168.1.4 (seen in the ipconfig output shared earlier)

8. JohnD Win User

Which model of router do you have?

The settings may be at 192.168.1.254.

JohnD, Jan 10, 2017
  9. deleting history, cookies, files, can help clear this up, and then even, resetting the modem/router, this is one of my old tricks, it worked for me..

karlaingram, Jan 10, 2017
  10. topgundcp Win User
    Not sure what brand/model of router you have but most routers will take: routerlogin.com instead of the IP address 192.168.......

topgundcp, Jan 10, 2017
  11. Barman58 Win User
    routerlogin com is a Netware router access option only
    tplinklogin.net used to do the same for TP-Link devices but was not renewed the last time it was due so did not work last time I tried

a Ping of the likely addresses would be more likely to find the required address or run ipconfig /all in Command Prompt window (admin window is best) - the gateway address is normally the router

Barman58, Jan 10, 2017
  12. sml156 Win User
    Like JohnD asked not all routers built equal what router do you have

sml156, Jan 11, 2017
  13. Can't access router config page 192.168.1.1

My router is D-Link DSL-2750U. I am able to get the config page on my tablet and was able to see the same at 192.168.1.1 until not very long ago. I have tried cleaning up the history etc. with no changes

dotted decimal, Jan 11, 2017
  14. UKMedia Win User
    Have you tried running SFC /ScanNow in PowerShell (Admin) and the troubleshooter for Internet Connections?

UKMedia, Jan 11, 2017
  15. JohnD Win User
    Sorry, but that will only work for Netgear routers.

Default URLs for well known routers' control panel home page:

Apologies if you've tried all the suggestions below.

• Make sure that your router is plugged into an active power source.
    • Make sure that the device that you are using to access your router's interface is connected to your router's network.
    • If you're having trouble connecting to your router's network through WiFi, try using an Ethernet cable.
    • If you changed your router's default IP address, enter your new IP address instead of the default IP addresses.
    • Some firewalls and popup blockers stop JavaScript from running. If your router web interface uses JavaScript, you might need to temporarily disable your firewalls and popup blockers while you access your router's interface.
    • If your web browser cache is full, you might need to clear it.

JohnD, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't access router config page 192.168.1.1 - Similar Threads - Can't access router

2. Unable to access my router admin page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access my router admin page: Hi there everyone,I have an ASUS RT-AX86U router for one and half year now. I've been using it always with the same setup - laptop connected via ethernet cable - and I was always able to access its admin page via browser.Yesterday, I connected for the first time an HDD to the...
  3. Can't access router admin page on private network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access router admin page on private network: I have noticed that I am unable to access my router's admin/log in page if my network is set to private. I have checked to make the sure that the browsers are on the list of apps to be allowed through the firewall. I have disabled Windows Defender. I have checked 3 different...
  4. Scan 3 pages in 1 document

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scan 3 pages in 1 document: Good day, Please help.... I am using windows fax and scan, and I am trying to scan 1 document with 3 pages. It keeps on separating the pages, so it saves it as 3 documents, not 1 document with 3 pages. Regards, LC...
  5. 2 Networks connected to 1 workstations - config

2 Networks connected to 1 workstations - config: Hello, I’m in the process of setting up 2 LAN networks at home. This project is calling for each Database server to be on a separate and preferably 1Gb network. Please see attached sketch. I’m not sure how to configure details of the each server and the each work station....
  6. 2 Networks connected to 1 workstations - basic config

2 Networks connected to 1 workstations - basic config: Hello, I’m in the process of setting up 2 LAN networks at home. This project is calling for each Database server to be on a separate and preferably 1Gb network. Please see attached sketch I’m not sure how to configure details of the each server and the each work station....
  7. how to install Windows in a raid 1 config

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to install Windows in a raid 1 config: Hi. I have two 160gb hdd and I wanted to install windows in a raid 1 configuration with those drives. I have windows 10 currently installed in a third 320gb hdd and already transformed the other two into a single raid 1 partition. How do I install windows in the raid 1? Do I...
  8. Can't access router.

Can't access router.: MY configuration: I an trying to adjust to a recent change in my home network. I have Comcast phone, TV and Internet. The Comcast modem/router/Tele connection is in the basement. To have strong wireless upstairs, on the 2nd floor -- at the other end of the cable -- is another...
  9. printing 2 pages on 1 page

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printing 2 pages on 1 page: Hi.....I have a pdf file that I want to print but it only prints in the middle of the page, I would like to print 2 on to 1 page as it is quite a large doc. Can someone help with this please , even if it means another app to do it. Thanks in advance Len 44868
  10. 1 PC not using router assigned IP

1 PC not using router assigned IP: I have a Trendnet TEW-827DRU router. I set up assigned IP addresses for most of my Ethernet connected devices (Desktop PCs, Home Entertainment Devices, TVs) on the router designated by MAC address. One Desktop PC is not using it's assigned IP. I want to fix that. My...