Windows 10: Can't access router.

Discus and support Can't access router. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; MY configuration: I an trying to adjust to a recent change in my home network. I have Comcast phone, TV and Internet. The Comcast modem/router/Tele... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by stanhilliard, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Can't access router.

MY configuration:
    I an trying to adjust to a recent change in my home network. I have Comcast phone, TV and Internet. The Comcast modem/router/Tele connection is in the basement. To have strong wireless upstairs, on the 2nd floor -- at the other end of the cable -- is another modem with Ethernet to a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 router. One PC is connected to the router by Ethernet, one MFC8860 printer by USB, and two laptops connect by wireless.

The Change:
    Comcast switched the basement modem/router to a higher speed one. I want to try to change the R7000 settings to access point (AP) as shown here:
    Re: Comcast Xfinity and Nighthawk R7000 - NETGEAR Communities

The Problem:
    My problem is I can't access the R7000 to set it to access point mode. I have tried:

Router login and .net
    http://192.168.1.1
    http://192.168.0.1

How can I access the R7000?

:)

stanhilliard, Aug 18, 2018
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Aug 18, 2018
  3. Unable to access my router

1. I already have a gateway configured in my house, so no, i'm not relying on this router for internet. However, I plan to make this into an access point in the very near future.

2.This is what I'm getting when i follow that step....

Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.205.6(Preferred
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

So with this i tried 169.254.205.1 with unlucky results :/

Mrblack761, Aug 18, 2018
  4. RCoon Win User

Can't access router.

I cant access to my wifi router

You have replied twice with no reply from OP and no discernable reason.
    Reporting for spam.

RCoon, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

Can't access router.

1. Can't access router. - Similar Threads - Can't access router

2. Can't detect router.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't detect router.: I live in a 2 bdrm house,I sit on the front porch truth connect to my router which is in a room in the back of the house I turn on wifi on my phone and I constantly pick up other signals but not my own. When it shows it says 2-3 bars & when it doesn't my phone shows 0-1 bar...
  3. Can't detect router.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't detect router.: I live in a 2 bdrm house,I sit on the front porch truth connect to my router which is in a room in the back of the house I turn on wifi on my phone and I constantly pick up other signals but not my own. When it shows it says 2-3 bars & when it doesn't my phone shows 0-1 bar...
  4. Router remote access settings?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Router remote access settings?: Dear all I was looking through my Router settings, and this one confused me: Screenshot by Lightshot 1. Does it mean remote acccess to my network, or only remote access to the router? 2. The setting below, does it mean, that now everyone can get access to my network or...
  5. 2 routers - access to outside router devices

2 routers - access to outside router devices: I have an ASUS router rt-ac66u behind an HH3000 routerSagecomm 5566. When directly connected to the HH3000 by WiFi, I can see It's USB storage using \\mynetwork in documentation per the ISPs instruction. When only connected to the ASUS i did setup a route and, I can ping...
  6. How to access router

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to access router: I cannot access my router. I keep getting an error that I am blocked by windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-router/6df174be-f781-4ca0-8ba3-bcfd7d040571
  7. Can't access router admin page on private network

Can't access router admin page on private network: I have noticed that I am unable to access my router's admin/log in page if my network is set to private. I have checked to make the sure that the browsers are on the list of apps to be allowed through the firewall. I have disabled Windows Defender. I have checked 3 different...
  8. Access USB Plugged into Router

Access USB Plugged into Router: Hey Guys I am trying to access my router using file explorer [ATTACH] I then used the default gateway address and tried pasting it into file explorer as shown [ATTACH] But then receive the following error [ATTACH]...
  9. Can't access router config page 192.168.1.1

Can't access router config page 192.168.1.1: I am on Win 10 Home 64 bit, I noticed that I cannot reach my wi-fi router config page http://192.168.1.1. Doing so gives me the "can't reach this site" on all browsers - Chrome, FF, IE, Edge. I am able to ping 192.168.1.1 I have tried various suggestions like disabling...
  10. Can't get Internet access on my router

Can't get Internet access on my router: I have a desktop connected by wire to my Bell modem. I also have a laptop connected via wifi. I had a problem with updates not installing on the laptop so I did a restore to a previous save (about two weeks ago. When it completed, I can recognize my modem (Bell500) but when I...