Windows 10: can't access samba share after Windows fresh install and Tron+supmaxi/Debloat-Windows-10

Discus and support can't access samba share after Windows fresh install and Tron+supmaxi/Debloat-Windows-10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey folks! I had to reinstall Windows 10 and as usual I applied the Tron script, this time I also applied the set of scripts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/maxkonungen, Nov 19, 2020.

1. can't access samba share after Windows fresh install and Tron+supmaxi/Debloat-Windows-10

Hey folks!

I had to reinstall Windows 10 and as usual I applied the Tron script, this time I also applied the set of scripts supmaxi/Debloat-Windows-10 ( https://github.com/supmaxi/Debloat-Windows-10 ).

Problem is now Windows can't find my Ubuntu samba share: I tried everything, enabling smb/1,2,3, disabling Firewall. I couldn't even activate Automatic Discovery from the configuration window, every time I activated, it got reverted back off, I solved that by enabling services ( DNS Client, Function Discovery Resource Publication, SSDP Discovery, and UPnP Device Host ) so now when I go to networks I can see my router drive, but still can't see my samba share. If I navigate to it \\192.168.0.14 I get "windows can't get access" and diagnostic finds no problem. This same share was working perfectly for years in my previous Windows install and I can access this through WinSCP, this is not a Ubuntu problem, this is a Windows thing.

It's driving me nuts, please help!

Thanks!

submitted by /u/maxkonungen
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/maxkonungen, Nov 19, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Nov 19, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 19, 2020
  4. mbratch Win User

can't access samba share after Windows fresh install and Tron+supmaxi/Debloat-Windows-10

Samba Shares don't show up in Windows 10 Network

I have a peculiar Samba share issue.

I was running Windows 7 on my laptop. I have a file server running Linux and Samba. When I open the Network icon in Windows 7, I see my server there and I can open it and access the associated folder shares.

I upgraded to Windows 10. Now if I double click the network icon, I don't see any machines except my local client laptop. However, if I enter the UNC path to my samba server (\\myserver) into the path bar of Windows Explorer, I can access the server. If I want to add a network printer to my laptop that is shared by the server, it won't find the server in the search list. However, I can enter the literal UNC path to the printer and add it. So it has something to do with nmb I think? Not sure.

Any suggestions on how to resolve it?

mbratch, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

can't access samba share after Windows fresh install and Tron+supmaxi/Debloat-Windows-10

1. can't access samba share after Windows fresh install and Tron+supmaxi/Debloat-Windows-10 - Similar Threads - can't access samba

2. Windows 11 can't connect to Ubuntu samba shares

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 can't connect to Ubuntu samba shares: I have problem to connect from Windows 11 to my sambashares on Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS but to my sambashare on Linux raspberrypi 6.1.21-v8+ the connection works. When I tested with Windows 10 I was able to connect both Ubuntu's and RaspberryPi's samba shares without problems....
  3. Windows 11 can't connect to Ubuntu samba shares

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 can't connect to Ubuntu samba shares: I have problem to connect from Windows 11 to my sambashares on Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS but to my sambashare on Linux raspberrypi 6.1.21-v8+ the connection works. When I tested with Windows 10 I was able to connect both Ubuntu's and RaspberryPi's samba shares without problems....
  4. Can't Access A Share in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't Access A Share in Windows 10: I have two computers, both running Windows 10 and both with the same account info Hotmail address and password. I am able to Remote Desktop into my "server" computer using my Hotmail address and password, but am not able to access its shared folder from my "desktop" computer...
  5. Samba in linux can't be accessed with windows 10, but another pc can access samba.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Samba in linux can't be accessed with windows 10, but another pc can access samba.: Hello, I am trying to make a samba server in pop!_os, I've tried connecting to samba with my Asus N43SL and it worked, but when I tried it on the Lenovo V330-14kb it doesn't work, I tried the troubleshooter, but it doesn't do anything....
  6. Can't access Windows 10 shares

Can't access Windows 10 shares: Hi there. I have a Windows 10 Pro desktop, with several shared folders, for each of which I have configured both my own username and "Everyone" for full access. I have gone through Network sharing and ticked all the boxes that need to be ticked, checked the adaptor settings,...
  7. Unable to Access any Samba share after 2004 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Access any Samba share after 2004 Update: Hi everybody, Since yesterday i have already 6 computers of our company Windows 10 Pro, witch upgraded automatically to 2004. And since this upgrade they are unable to connect to any network share via SMB. These shares are not only on our Domain controller, but also on...
  8. Cannot access Samba share

Cannot access Samba share: Hi, I have a few Windows 10 computers and some linux computers on my network. I use Samba to enable sharing between the Windows and Linux computers. On one of the Windows computer I have a Storage Spaces drive set up as a Samba share. I can access some of the folders on this...
  9. Creating a samba share in windows 10

Creating a samba share in windows 10: I've been using unauthenticated samba share on my computer for well over a decade using windows 7, vista, and XP (and maybe even further back) to network with various devices in another room via an ethernet cable. I believe Microsoft removed unauthenticated samba shares from...
  10. Can't access Samba shares on 10049

Can't access Samba shares on 10049: I just reinstalled after I was having issues. Everything seems to be working smoothly, except that I can't access the shares on all but one of my other computers for some reason. Most devices that aren't running either some flavor of Windows or Samba show up just fine. I...