Windows 10: Cant access security and maintenance

Discus and support Cant access security and maintenance in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello Windows defender isn't appearing in services. I have been trying to access security and maintenance but it wont open. If i search for it in the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by [Jtm], Jan 3, 2019.

1. [Jtm] Win User

Cant access security and maintenance

Hello

Windows defender isn't appearing in services. I have been trying to access security and maintenance but it wont open. If i search for it in the windows search bar it appears but when i click on it nothing happens. How can i solve both problems?

:)

[Jtm], Jan 3, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Security and Maintenance error. windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your System
    Maintenance.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter.

Method 2: Place your computer in clean boot state and check if it helps.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Security and Maintenance

Hello Joseph,

Try to Search Action Center in Start Search Box and then Security and Maintenance Open.

Look for Change Security and Maintenance Settings on Left Hand Side

After Selecting option Mark Check and Uncheck for Security and Maintenance and Click Ok

Raman Singh [Insider], Jan 3, 2019
  4. JosephS7 Win User

Security and Maintenance

My Security and Maintenance was turned off, and I couldnt turn it on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JosephS7, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Cant access security and maintenance - Similar Threads - Cant access security

2. Cant access windows security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant access windows security: Is showing me:Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app and the item you tried to access is not available. Please Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-windows-security/5e231273-a8be-4e12-9f40-056d6050324f
  3. Cant access windows security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant access windows security: Is showing me:Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app and the item you tried to access is not available. Please Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-windows-security/5e231273-a8be-4e12-9f40-056d6050324f
  4. “Connected, Secure” but cant access the internet.

“Connected, Secure” but cant access the internet.: I have a windows 11. Ive been having this issue nonstop, my internet will work just fine one day and then the next it refuses to work, while it works perfectly fine on all my other devices that are just beside my pc. It says “Connected, Secure” yet I cant access or do...
  5. Cant access windows security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant access windows security: I recently went from windows 10 to windows 11 and I cannot access windows security at all. When I go to open Windows security it says "get an app to open this windowsdefender link"...
  6. Cant access windows security

Cant access windows security: I recently went from windows 10 to windows 11 and I cannot access windows security at all. When I go to open Windows security it says "get an app to open this windowsdefender link"...
  7. Security and Maintenance settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security and Maintenance settings: I am unable to activate real time protection in Windows Defender. I was advised to uncheck Spyware and unwanted software protection In change security and maintenance settings. The box is checked but it is grayed out so I an unable to uncheck it....
  8. Security & Maintenance notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Security & Maintenance notifications: I keep receiving a notification from Security & Maintenance that my file drive was turned off for too long. How do I turn it back on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-maintenance-notifications/32132747-3fff-49b7-8cd9-e2c27873d5c3
  9. security/maintenance software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    security/maintenance software: I have deleted security/maintenance software off my computer, but there is still some residuals of the software that are interfering with the computers operation. I have searched for the bits that are causing the problem but they will not reveal themselves. How can I find...
  10. Accessing Security & Maintenance from Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Accessing Security & Maintenance from Settings: I sometimes search for Security in the Settings app to find the option for Security & Maintenance. This no longer works in my admin account on my desktop PC running v1709. Nothing happens when I click on Security & Maintenance in the search box (see below) but it works fine...