Windows 10: Cant access setting in microsoft account

Discus and support Cant access setting in microsoft account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have computer with Windows 10 Home, version 10.0.18363 build 18363 64 bit. I have two accounts. On an off line account and one a microsoft account.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Joyce A.Taylor, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Cant access setting in microsoft account

I have computer with Windows 10 Home, version 10.0.18363 build 18363 64 bit. I have two accounts. On an off line account and one a microsoft account. When I sign on using the microsoft account my start button and the search box do not work. I can not get to any microsoft app or settings. I try to change my screen preferences but error saying no app associated with it. The desktop comes up when I sign in and my program I have installed work. I have ran the sfc /scannow at the command prompt but say I must have administrator privilege. I do have that.

Thanks for any help.

Luckie

:)

Joyce A.Taylor, Apr 25, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 25, 2020
  4. sam02 Win User

Cant access setting in microsoft account

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Cant access setting in microsoft account

1. Cant access setting in microsoft account - Similar Threads - Cant access setting

2. Cant access account settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant access account settings: Hi,I am running Windows 11 and when I try access the account setting screen it says ' its not you its us, something went wrong our end' i was wondering if there is any way around this as it has been like this a while and doesn't seem to be changing, I have done all the...
  3. Cant access account settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant access account settings: Hi,I am running Windows 11 and when I try access the account setting screen it says ' its not you its us, something went wrong our end' i was wondering if there is any way around this as it has been like this a while and doesn't seem to be changing, I have done all the...
  4. Cant access account settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I cant access some of my settings on microsoft 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cant access some of my settings on microsoft 10: Hello All, I've been having this issue for a while now and it's become really frustrating. My settings are not complete, I can type in the start search bar to see a thing that should take me to my pcs account settings, but when I click it, it just takes me to my regular...
  6. I cant access some of my settings on microsoft 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant access some of my settings on microsoft 10: Hello All, I've been having this issue for a while now and it's become really frustrating. My settings are not complete, I can type in the start search bar to see a thing that should take me to my pcs account settings, but when I click it, it just takes me to my regular...
  7. I cant access some of my settings on microsoft 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. help i cant access settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    help i cant access settings: [ATTACH] Ive been searching everywhere for a way to fix it but i cant find any. Does anybody know how to fix this? submitted by /u/Diat0119 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lsptc9/help_i_cant_access_settings/
  9. cant access my account and Microsoft wont help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cant access my account and Microsoft wont help: I have been trying to log in for the last 72 hours to Microsoft and I keep getting an error message I have contacted your support staff and they have been no help and no one can tell me why I cant access my account. the error message I am receiving is, Something went wrong...
  10. Cant access settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant access settings: My dad has just upgraded to windows 10 and is having a couple mof issues the first is that he cant access the settings. He presses it via the start>settings but it just flashes up then goes off. Hes tried the Windows key + i same thing happens Also via windows...