Windows 10: Can't access share drive and smb server from windows 10 pro

Discus and support Can't access share drive and smb server from windows 10 pro in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have a windows 10 pro, 64-bit system. I'm trying to connect to a share drive which i certain that I have access to. When I tried to map the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GraceLiu2, Dec 13, 2018.

1. GraceLiu2 Win User

Can't access share drive and smb server from windows 10 pro

Hi,

I have a windows 10 pro, 64-bit system.

I'm trying to connect to a share drive which i certain that I have access to.

When I tried to map the network drive, it popped up error and showed the error code: 0x80070043.

I have the same issue with connecting a share server. Is there anything I can do?

Please help me!

Thank you!!

:)

GraceLiu2, Dec 13, 2018

2. Problem connecting to SMB Share on Linux server with Windows 10

Hello All,

Recently my Windows 10 laptop no longer sees the SMB shares on my Unraid 6 server, everything was working fine until a week or so ago. Other Windows 7 machines on the same network have no problem seeing or connecting to the same SMB shares. I did some searching
    on the Web and it was suggested that you try to sign into the computer with a local account rather than a Microsoft account but that did not help. I also tried the registry edit suggested in this post:

https://www.schkerke.com/wps/2015/06/windows-10-unable-to-connect-to-samba-shares/

This did not help either, I am currently running Windows 10 Home 64 bit on an Asus UX305LB laptop and my last update was KB3093266, I believe I was able to connect to the SMB shares for a while after the update. It's pretty important that I be able to connect
    to the server as I use it to backup the computer, thanks in advance.

DavidMcJunkin, Dec 13, 2018
  3. A._R. Win User
    SMB-Share not found

Hello together,

i have a problem and i'm troubleshooting since 15 hours.

I installed a new Windows Server 2016 (nano without GUI), added it to my domain, assigned my default GPO also applied on all my other servers, installed the fileserver with work-folders and deduplication.

Now i cannot access the SMB-Shares, neither the default admin shares, nor a newly created smb-share on a different drive for testing. I always receive the message "The network path was not found" (Error Code: 0x80070035)

Event-Viewer shows the event 30803 in the SMBClient:

Failed to establish a network connection.

Error: {Device Timeout}

The specified I/O operation on %hs was not completed before the time-out period expired.

Server name: SERVERNAME

Server address: 192.168.101.24:445

Connection type: Wsk

Guidance:

This indicates a problem with the underlying network or transport, such as with TCP/IP, and not with SMB. A firewall that blocks TCP port 445, or TCP port 5445 when using an iWARP RDMA adapter, can also cause this issue.

The client tries to access is also Windows Server 2016 or Windows 10, both doesn't work.

Already checked Windows Update, disabled SMBv1, disabled SMBv2 and changed back to SMBv1, opened SMB-Firewall Ports recommended by Microsoft (also tried disable the Firewall, without success)

Permissions are also okay, access won't work with \\Servername\share, \\IP-Address\share, \\servername.domain\share

I can access from the File-Server other SMB-shares without problems, also can open the local shares with IP-Address or Servername

Also checked the Get-SMBServerConfiguration and changed settings similar to my other servers

A._R., Dec 13, 2018
  4. normanius Win User

Can't access an smb share on a machine running Windows 10 after upgrade to version 1709

With the recent update to Windows 10 Version 1709, I cannot mount a shared folder from my Mac system via SMB anymore. According to Microsoft, the update 1709 finally removed the support of SMBv1 and only accepts requests using SMBv2 or higher. I suspect that this is the reason why I cannot access my shared drive anymore, because the problem has been occurring exactly since I upgraded the Windows system.

Now, here is my question to the community:
    What can I do to still access the shared drive via SMB? I tried to enforce the use of SMBv2 protocol according to the suggestions on this SO post, to no avail. I'm a bit stuck here for my understanding of the SMB protocol is pretty limited.

Details:

• The systems run MacOS 10.11.6 and Windows 10 v1709
    • I ensured that the Windows system is accessible (ping responds)
    • I try to mount the target drive using two ways:
      • via Finder: ⌘+K shortcut, smb://server-name/folder
      • using the command: mount_smbfs //user@address/folder ./mount-point

Both approaches time out. Let me know if you need additional information about the systems involved.

normanius, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't access share drive and smb server from windows 10 pro - Similar Threads - Can't access share

2. No Share tab for SMB drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Share tab for SMB drive: Hello guys,This is my first time here, and the subject I am asking is quite new so please bear with me.What I am basically want to do is for my Xiaomi CCTV camera to transfer the captured video to my external SSD which I have hooked up to the back of my router.This is the one...
  3. No Share tab for SMB drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Share tab for SMB drive: Hello guys,This is my first time here, and the subject I am asking is quite new so please bear with me.What I am basically want to do is for my Xiaomi CCTV camera to transfer the captured video to my external SSD which I have hooked up to the back of my router.This is the one...
  4. Can't connect to SMB share, Windows cannot access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to SMB share, Windows cannot access: I use my NAS for backups truenas, with an SMB share. I reset my PC recently and added it like normal. Worked fine. However, after a day it stopped working and I was unable to connect to it. Now when I try to connect to it I get this:It works fine on my laptop^ Before the...
  5. Can't connect to SMB share, Windows cannot access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to SMB share, Windows cannot access: I use my NAS for backups truenas, with an SMB share. I reset my PC recently and added it like normal. Worked fine. However, after a day it stopped working and I was unable to connect to it. Now when I try to connect to it I get this:It works fine on my laptop^ Before the...
  6. Can't connect to SMB share, Windows cannot access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 Pro Laptop can't access shared folders on Windows 2003 Server

Windows 10 Pro Laptop can't access shared folders on Windows 2003 Server: I have a Windows 10 Pro laptop on my office LAN that can browse other Windows 10 Computers on my network, but it can't browse my Windows 2003 Server when I type in \\Servername I get an error that the server can't be found. The other Windows 10 Pro Laptops on the network...
  8. Issue with SMB Shares W10 Client and Server

Issue with SMB Shares W10 Client and Server: Hi all, Have been trawling high and low to look at this issue and I know there are some other threads out there that discuss this, but not this specific issue. We have 2 Windows 10 computers, one acting as SMB Server and the other a client sharing an application that...
  9. Unable to access SMB file sharing

Unable to access SMB file sharing: Hi, While I'm administrator on 2 computers PC1 and PC2, both are joined to a Windows domain: From PC1, I cannot see shared folders on PC2. Once, I log on PC1 as a normal user, I can properly see the shared folder. Please advise Thanks...
  10. Can't connect to SMB shares from 7..?

Can't connect to SMB shares from 7..?: Hello, I installed 10 on a PC with same username & pass as usual. Then from 7 I tried to reach d$ but it ask me pass & login, while normally it doesn't ask any (since it's the same!).. Can't understand that, would you please explain me/us..? Thanks! 33097

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WINDOWS 10 CANT ACCESS SMB DRIVE

2. unraid smb 80070035

3. windows 10 pro cant connect to smb server

4. some drives are accessible some not windows 10 smb sharing,
  5. win 10 not work network share gpo for win 2010 server smb ,
  6. smb shares not working win 10 home 1909,
  7. schkerke windows 10 unable to connect to samba shares,
  8. windows 10 cant acess smb,
  9. windows 10 how to access smb drive,
  10. windows 10 access smbv1 share,
  11. windows server permissions to access drive via smb,