Windows 10: Can't access some setting like "Windows Update", etc

Discus and support Can't access some setting like "Windows Update", etc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello I have Toshiba Satelite laptop running Windows 10 Pro (1803, 17134.706) and have some problems accessing certain settings. If I click on "Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by denis1304, May 12, 2019.

1. denis1304 Win User

Can't access some setting like "Windows Update", etc

Hello
    I have Toshiba Satelite laptop running Windows 10 Pro (1803, 17134.706) and have some problems accessing certain settings.
    If I click on "Windows Update" from Control panel nothing show up... I can hear sound but nothing changes on screen.
    Similar if I click "Performance Information and Tools", "Biometrics" from "Control Panel"
    If I go to Setting app > WiFi > and click on "Show available networks" nothing happens
    I can add WiFI network from "Menage known networks" but it's not practical, you can't use WPS ...

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

:)

denis1304, May 12, 2019
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, May 12, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 12, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't access some setting like "Windows Update", etc - Similar Threads - Can't access setting

2. Can't access some parts of settings on my own PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access some parts of settings on my own PC?: So I recently factory reset my PC after having a few issues. However when I just tried to do a health check, I cannot open Windows Security...It says to to contact IT helpdesk but this is my personal PC at home and there are no other accounts on it except me. I looked it up...
  3. Can't access some parts of settings on my own PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access some parts of settings on my own PC?: So I recently factory reset my PC after having a few issues. However when I just tried to do a health check, I cannot open Windows Security...It says to to contact IT helpdesk but this is my personal PC at home and there are no other accounts on it except me. I looked it up...
  4. Windows Updates etc are not Automatic because of "*Some settings are managed by your...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates etc are not Automatic because of "*Some settings are managed by your...: I cannot change settings for Windows Update to be Automatic also to Update any Drivers. Windows 10 Pro v1909 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updates-etc-are-not-automatic-because-of/1b7501e2-a9a0-4d12-b187-187dd3ed89ac
  5. Can't Access Settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Access Settings: I click it and nothing happens, I've tried Windows Button + I and a few other things. I've run SFC, all with no luck. By the way this is a clean install of Windows 10, it was working this morning, hardly done anything to it yet! Any advice please....
  6. I can't access to some of my control panel settings!

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't access to some of my control panel settings!: I can't open up any external hardware settings in control panel. Whenever I click on the settings like sound, keyboard, mouse - it says that application not found. As a result, I can't use my mic in any apps. I searched online but there's no solution of this problem. What can...
  7. Windows cannot access etc. etc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot access etc. etc.: Am running WIN 10 Home with latest updates. When I try to access a programm, WorldNavaids, I get the following message. Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item. I have, in the properties section...
  8. Some settings are managed by your organisation + Can't access Virus Settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some settings are managed by your organisation + Can't access Virus Settings?: Hi, I can't seem to access all the functions of my Windows 10, my updates section says "*Some settings are managed by your organisation".[ATTACH] Furthermore I can't access my Virus Protection as it just displays this message: [ATTACH] Any ideas on how to solve these...
  9. Setting the time for Windows updates, etc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting the time for Windows updates, etc: Leaving and working in the countryside, I still have an Internet ADSL connection instead of optic fiber, which strongly constrains my bandwidth. Now, almost daily, the 'Host Process for Windows Services' (or something similar to this) totally captures my Internet connection...
  10. can't access some websites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't access some websites: I have this weird problem that causes chrome and firefox to download some pages (like: Download the fastest Firefox ever or hwzone.co.il - please notice this happens only on some websites and not all) instead of simply viewing them. the file that get downloaded isn't even a...