Windows 10: can't access some websites

Discus and support can't access some websites in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have this weird problem that causes chrome and firefox to download some pages (like: Download the fastest Firefox ever or hwzone.co.il - please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gkman, Jan 9, 2016.

1. gkman Win User

can't access some websites

I have this weird problem that causes chrome and firefox to download some pages (like: Download the fastest Firefox ever or hwzone.co.il - please notice this happens only on some websites and not all)
    instead of simply viewing them. the file that get downloaded isn't even a html file, but an unknown format.

In Internet explorer the pages will show a weird until i flush the dns cache and then internet explore will start displaying it until the next time (chrome and firefox still wont show the pages)

using developers tools I managed to find that the error I get is 407.

my computer is windows 10 (enterprise) and is part of a domain that uses a proxy server. only my computer is suffering from this problem (I checked my user on a colleague computer, and had my colleague test my computer), which is part of the reason I am convinced that this is a windows problem and not a browser problem. It is a clean installed computer so I don't believe it is a corruption, virus or the sort.

I can't determine what the problem is, can anybody help?

:)

gkman, Jan 9, 2016

2. Can't access some websites with windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the response and it must be difficult when things do not work as expected.

If the issue still persists, I request you to answer to the questions asked in the previous post, so that we may be able to narrow down the issue and find a possible solution.

Please get back to us with the required information. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 9, 2016
  3. Can't access some websites with windows 10

Hi Thanks for the response: No none of this works and here is why:

As a microsoft employee one should know, after having spent hours with microsoft techs they too did not know:

When one upgrades to Windows 10 there is a fault in that the "Windows sockets registry entries for network connectivity are missing.

Now having identified the problem with no help from Microsoft techs, I have printed off a ream of information, would delight if you could put up a solution for this, too exhausted to read now, will read tomorrow and post the solution here........just as
    logic was telling me and many others all along the problem appeared when upgraded Windows 10, and yes that is where the problem lies.

SuzieWilkin, Jan 9, 2016
  4. Private Win User

Do you use other download manager that installs add-on\extension into the browsers besides of the default download manager? If yes, try to disable the add-on\extension for a test.

Private, Jan 9, 2016
  5. gkman Win User
    I don't have any download managers.

gkman, Jan 9, 2016
  6. gkman Win User
    update:
    ========
    flushing the dns cache doesn't help any more with internet explorer anymore.
    it seems that this problem randomly regresses back into not working at all

also- I can only capture the 407 error with ie and firefox not with chrome. chrome will simply download that weird file and not capture any network traffic.

I also discovered that I get a 301 error.

gkman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. can't access some websites - Similar Threads - can't access websites

2. Can't open some websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open some websites: I just reseted my windows 10Now, I can't sign to Gmail or youtube.I also get this site can't be reached Hmm can't reach this pageBoth Microsoft Edge and Google chrome. I tried clearing cache, changed DNS, flushed DNS, created new user account but I can't l.Thanks...
  3. Can't open some websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open some websites: I just reseted my windows 10Now, I can't sign to Gmail or youtube.I also get this site can't be reached Hmm can't reach this pageBoth Microsoft Edge and Google chrome. I tried clearing cache, changed DNS, flushed DNS, created new user account but I can't l.Thanks...
  4. Can't open some websites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't connect to some websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to some websites: I upgraded to Windows 11, but I have problems with Internet. The Internet will work for 1 minute and then it stops.The WiFi is working on other devices. Sometimes youtube works, sometimes it doesn't work.Sometimes youtube and some websites work but Gmail and outlook don't...
  6. Can't connect to some websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to some websites: I upgraded to Windows 11, but I have problems with Internet. The Internet will work for 1 minute and then it stops.The WiFi is working on other devices. Sometimes youtube works, sometimes it doesn't work.Sometimes youtube and some websites work but Gmail and outlook don't...
  7. Can't access one website

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't access one website: I am trying to access a website but get error message, "server IP address could not be found." My internet is connected and I can get on other sites. I tried to access the site on Internet Explorer and Google Chrome and get the same message. My Windows 10 is updated. I am...
  8. Some websites no longer accessable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some websites no longer accessable: Hi, since this morning (yesterday everything worked fine) one of my pc with Windows 10 can no longer access certain websites (timeout). What I found out so far: Only certain websites are affected. For example inoreader.com doesn't work anymore while reddit or twitter are...
  9. Can't access some websites from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access some websites from Windows 10: Some websites will not load for me on Firefox or Edge: imgur, 606v2 are the ones i use mainly. Reading prior threads this is what i have done so far. Press Windows key + X and open command prompt as Administrator. ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /registerdns ipconfig...
  10. Cannot access some websites

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot access some websites: Suddenly a couple of days ago while looking through Youtube, I suddenly had a blue screen of death. PC has never been the same since! System Restore and Reset your PC both fail. Also on Chrome I cannot access any https websites, on Edge I cannot access any websites, plus...