Windows 10: Can't access the 4 pin header

Discus and support Can't access the 4 pin header in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello everyone here is my problem I have a motherboard that has 2 4pin headers (AsRock H61M-DGS 2.0) one is for the cpu fan and the other one is for th... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by xblade02003, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Can't access the 4 pin header

Hello everyone here is my problem
    I have a motherboard that has 2 4pin headers (AsRock H61M-DGS 2.0) one is for the cpu fan and the other one is for th case fan, the problem is the second 4. Pin header is hidden under the gpu so my case fan is only connected to the psu.

:)

xblade02003, Apr 20, 2020

2. Firewire header to 4-pin male

Here is an example of the cable (the one on your left): Firewire adapter

I'd like to find one of these cables from a more well-known seller, but searching for these on Newegg/Amazon would return mainly 6-pin to 6-pin, 4-pin to 4-pin, etc. Part of the problem is I don't know what they're called officially; some websites list the 6-pin as 9-pin to 6-pin, others list them as 10-pin to 6-pin.

Apparently usage of the cable alone isn't very common, which brings me to my last question; are the Firewire headers on motherboards mostly used by front panels and bay-fitting devices? Many of the firewire expansion cards simply use the PCI-Express slot.

Thanks in advance.

OnePostWonder, Apr 20, 2020
  3. panchoman Win User
    Nirvana 120mm Fan header 3-pin, but mobo cpu-fan header 4-pin, wat to do ?

aline the notch on the 3 pin header with the 4 pin header, like so:

Can't access the 4 pin header Capture256.gif

panchoman, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Can't access the 4 pin header

3 pin fan running slow on 4 pin header

I could use some help. I just bought some new 3 pin fans for my case. I bought four fans for 3 headers. So naturally, I bought a splitter. I just connected all the fans. They all run fine except for the one on the 4 pin header. I first thought it was because I connected the the splitter to that header, but after switching the spit fans on the 4 pin header with a single fan, the header still runs the fan really slow. I'm not sure why this is, I'm probably missing something, but I'm not sure what. I am overclocked, if that might be the issue. (I dont think so) Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Update: I got the fan to work, but my motherboard isn't scaling the fans based on load. Are fans suppose to run at full speed on 3 pin headers, or is something broken?

flavinator, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Can't access the 4 pin header

1. Can't access the 4 pin header - Similar Threads - Can't access pin

2. Settings Header

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings Header: How can i turn off the Windows 10 settings header. It only appears on two out of four of my Windows 10 machines. It takes up to much space on my ThinkPad's small display, very annoying on the ThinkPad. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance....
  3. Can't change PIN

Can't change PIN: Hi I recently got the message 'your organisation requires you to change your PIN', which i thought was very weird but i did so since i couldn't access my laptop otherwise. Now i want to change my PIN back but when i go to my account settings i only see 'this option is...
  4. Pinning an Item to Quick Access

Pinning an Item to Quick Access: Is there a way to pin a removable drive to Quick Access? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinning-an-item-to-quick-access/40ce39e6-f581-4bb1-bdc3-08c17a93cb0f
  5. Can't recover pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't recover pin: After an update my pin is not working. To recover the password internet is required and wifi is not showing. How do i recover from this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-recover-pin/c7be6783-7048-41a5-a1d2-d98747c6eee2"
  6. Settings Header

Settings Header: windows 10 settings header banner is not showing how can i get it(Like This) [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-header/7f1d7850-d2b4-4758-b53a-1b76da47a5cb
  7. 4 digit pin code not recognized

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    4 digit pin code not recognized: After an update on my computer my 4 number pin would not work. I was able to login in using my Microsoft account password but a black screen came up with message c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable. After pressing ok there is just a black screen...
  8. PIN access on Lumia 650

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN access on Lumia 650: Hello. If I create a pin to control access to my Lumia 650 (Windows 10) will it automatically replace the account password on my other synchronised devices and apps? And if so, is 4 digit PIN safer than a strong password? I should add that the phone doesn't support Windows...
  9. Bad Pool Header

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bad Pool Header: Just wondering if there is a fix when receiving this error message 26701
  10. I need help with 5 pin grbw headers on a Gigabyte motherboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need help with 5 pin grbw headers on a Gigabyte motherboard: is there a such a thing a 4 pin grb to a 5 pin grbw adapter? I can't find any anywhere to buy any. I know the W pin isn't necessary. Thanks 105925