Windows 10: Can't access the 4 pin header

Discus and support Can't access the 4 pin header in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello everyone here is my problem I have a motherboard that has 2 4pin headers (AsRock H61M-DGS 2.0) one is for the cpu fan and the other one is for th... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by xblade02003, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Can't access the 4 pin header

Hello everyone here is my problem
    I have a motherboard that has 2 4pin headers (AsRock H61M-DGS 2.0) one is for the cpu fan and the other one is for th case fan, the problem is the second 4. Pin header is hidden under the gpu so my case fan is only connected to the psu.

:)

xblade02003, Apr 20, 2020

2. Firewire header to 4-pin male

Here is an example of the cable (the one on your left): Firewire adapter

I'd like to find one of these cables from a more well-known seller, but searching for these on Newegg/Amazon would return mainly 6-pin to 6-pin, 4-pin to 4-pin, etc. Part of the problem is I don't know what they're called officially; some websites list the 6-pin as 9-pin to 6-pin, others list them as 10-pin to 6-pin.

Apparently usage of the cable alone isn't very common, which brings me to my last question; are the Firewire headers on motherboards mostly used by front panels and bay-fitting devices? Many of the firewire expansion cards simply use the PCI-Express slot.

Thanks in advance.

OnePostWonder, Apr 20, 2020
  3. panchoman Win User
    Nirvana 120mm Fan header 3-pin, but mobo cpu-fan header 4-pin, wat to do ?

aline the notch on the 3 pin header with the 4 pin header, like so:

Can't access the 4 pin header Capture256.gif

panchoman, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Can't access the 4 pin header

3 pin fan running slow on 4 pin header

I could use some help. I just bought some new 3 pin fans for my case. I bought four fans for 3 headers. So naturally, I bought a splitter. I just connected all the fans. They all run fine except for the one on the 4 pin header. I first thought it was because I connected the the splitter to that header, but after switching the spit fans on the 4 pin header with a single fan, the header still runs the fan really slow. I'm not sure why this is, I'm probably missing something, but I'm not sure what. I am overclocked, if that might be the issue. (I dont think so) Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Update: I got the fan to work, but my motherboard isn't scaling the fans based on load. Are fans suppose to run at full speed on 3 pin headers, or is something broken?

flavinator, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Can't access the 4 pin header

1. Can't access the 4 pin header - Similar Threads - Can't access pin

2. 4 digit pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4 digit pin: to login to my Microsoft account, I have to type in a pin but it's a 4-digit pin and i only have six-digit pins and the requirements of the pin have to be six, but I can only type to 4 before it says its incorrect. how do I fix this...
  3. 4 digit pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    4 digit pin: to login to my Microsoft account, I have to type in a pin but it's a 4-digit pin and i only have six-digit pins and the requirements of the pin have to be six, but I can only type to 4 before it says its incorrect. how do I fix this...
  4. PIN UNAVAILABLE, CAN'T ACCESS TROUBLESHOOT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN UNAVAILABLE, CAN'T ACCESS TROUBLESHOOT: Hello,I'm having some pretty frustrating problems with my Dell. Windows 11 I fired it up and it said it needed to do an update, so I allowed it. After that, I tried logging on but it said PIN unavailable. When I click on 'set up new PIN' all it does is bring up a box that...
  5. PIN UNAVAILABLE, CAN'T ACCESS TROUBLESHOOT

PIN UNAVAILABLE, CAN'T ACCESS TROUBLESHOOT: Hello,I'm having some pretty frustrating problems with my Dell. Windows 11 I fired it up and it said it needed to do an update, so I allowed it. After that, I tried logging on but it said PIN unavailable. When I click on 'set up new PIN' all it does is bring up a box that...
  6. Can't Access Windows With PIN Anymore

Can't Access Windows With PIN Anymore: Updated Windows 10 yesterday with the latest Cumulative Update. After the update was finished, I tried entering my PIN and was not able to do so. This often happens when I do a major Cumulative Update. However, this time after I try to reset my PIN, I get an error saying Not...
  7. Can't Access Windows With PIN Anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Access Windows With PIN Anymore: Updated Windows 10 yesterday with the latest Cumulative Update. After the update was finished, I tried entering my PIN and was not able to do so. This often happens when I do a major Cumulative Update. However, this time after I try to reset my PIN, I get an error saying Not...
  8. Can't Access Windows With PIN Anymore

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. 5 pin cpu fan header and 4 pin connector on the motherboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    5 pin cpu fan header and 4 pin connector on the motherboard?: I swapped out the hardware from my dell optiplex 7020 Mt and put them onto a MSI B85-G43 GAMING motherboard everything seems to be working fine and then I figured out the curve ball dell throws at ya. For the cpu fan connector dell used a 5 pin connector and my msi...
  10. Can't access device due to loss of PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't access device due to loss of PIN: Misplaced PIN, but have microsoft account password. But it doesnt help, because then it asks for security questions instead. When I clicked on not having, it went into some security update thing and said I cant access until 2021?? Panic! I cant get into laptop, its brand...