Windows 10: Can't access the hotspot settings freezes when clicking on it

Discus and support Can't access the hotspot settings freezes when clicking on it in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Last day, I set up my 4G modem and connected it by ethernet to my laptop. Furthermore, I used my laptop as a hotspot for my phone and my nintendo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by denshibuto, Sep 25, 2022.

1. Can't access the hotspot settings freezes when clicking on it

Last day, I set up my 4G modem and connected it by ethernet to my laptop. Furthermore, I used my laptop as a hotspot for my phone and my nintendo switch and it worked very well.However, the next day I am now unable to activate the hotspot or access the settings as the settings window completely freezes.Any way to fix this problem? Thanks in advance.

:)

denshibuto, Sep 25, 2022

2. Mobile hotspot No network access

Hi,

To fix the issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Connect your PC to your WiFi.
    • Right-click on the WiFi tray and click on Open network and sharing center.
    • Click on Change adapter settings which is present at the left side of the window.
    • Right-click on your WiFi and click on Properties, then click on the
      Sharing tab.
    • Check the box next to Allow other network to connect through this computer's internet and
      Allow other network users to control or disable the shared internet and click
      OK.
    • Go to Settings > Network & Internet >
      Mobile Hotspot
      and turn it on.

• After you turn on the hotspot, go back to the Change adapter settings window. You will find a connection called
      Local area connection* 20. The number 20 may differ.
    • Do step 4 again. In Sharing tab below the first checkbox, select the
      Local area connection* 20 from the drop-down.

Regards.

Aileen Alf, Sep 25, 2022
  3. Mobile Hotspot settings freezes after starting Hostpot

Hi,

There are several reasons why the hotspot setting is not working as expected on your PC. It can be due to the recent changes that occurred or a setting that was not configured correctly. For us to better assist you, we would like to ask for additional information:

• What build and version of Windows 10 are you running?
    • Aside from freezing, are you also getting an error message or code?
    • Can you tell us the troubleshooting steps that you have already tried so we can isolate the issue?

At the same time, you can check for the logs by following these steps:

• On your keyboard, press Win+R to open Run dialog box.
    • Type eventvwr.msc and hit Enter.
    • In the Event Viewer window, right-click Event Viewer and select
      View.
    • Click Show Analytic and Debug logs.
    • Once enabled, go to Applications and Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > WLAN-AutoConfig to view logs.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Sep 25, 2022
  4. Can't access the hotspot settings freezes when clicking on it

Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not working

Hi,

Your Bluetooth connection may be enabled which prevents you from setting up your mobile hotspot. To have this addressed, we suggest turning off the Bluetooth connection and see if you're able to set up your mobile hotspot. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Devices.
    • Click Bluetooth, then toggle it OFF.

Once done, check if you can now turn on your computer's mobile hotspot. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 25, 2022
Thema:

Can't access the hotspot settings freezes when clicking on it

1. Can't access the hotspot settings freezes when clicking on it - Similar Threads - Can't access hotspot

2. Can't access the hotspot settings freezes when clicking on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access the hotspot settings freezes when clicking on it: Last day, I set up my 4G modem and connected it by ethernet to my laptop. Furthermore, I used my laptop as a hotspot for my phone and my nintendo switch and it worked very well.However, the next day I am now unable to activate the hotspot or access the settings as the...
  3. VPN freezing when clicking on it in the settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VPN freezing when clicking on it in the settings: Hi, Recently I tried download Norton 360 and Enabling its VPN and it did not connect. I searched VPN in my settings I could see the option but every time I clicked on it, the settings app froze. This happened when I searched it in the bar under my screen or when I went...
  4. VPN freezing when clicking on it in the settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VPN freezing when clicking on it in the settings: Hi, Recently I tried download Norton 360 and Enabling its VPN and it did not connect. I searched VPN in my settings I could see the option but every time I clicked on it, the settings app froze. This happened when I searched it in the bar under my screen or when I went...
  5. VPN freezing when clicking on it in the settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Can't change hotspot setting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change hotspot setting: [ATTACH] My hotspot settings don't show the network name or the password anymore. I installed the drivers for the xbox 360 wireless dongle and after that I cannot change or see those settings. Any help would be appreciated :)...
  7. Settings app freezes when accessing System

Settings app freezes when accessing System: This started happening recently on my PC, which is perfectly fine. Basically, if I go into Settings > System, the app just freezes, and I am unable to access any other setting. Oddly, I am able to go through the search bar and access every single setting except for the...
  8. Can't access the mobile hotspot tab in the network settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't access the mobile hotspot tab in the network settings: So I've been using my laptop as a hotspot for my phone and other devices and has been working ok until now. For some reason, I can't suddenly access the mobile hotspot tab in the network settings. Whenever I click on it, it just gets highlighted and just closes on it's own...
  9. Freezing when Hotspot feature is on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Freezing when Hotspot feature is on: When I use Hotspot and the device goes out of range of this Hotspot, the entire feature crashes. In other words, the feature could not be turned off, the network and sharing center does not function so I cannot disable adapters. The settings menu also gets very slow and it...
  10. Can't access Cortana's setting. Keeps freezing once I click settings.

Can't access Cortana's setting. Keeps freezing once I click settings.: I'm really looking for a fix for my problem. I'm trying to access the settings for Cortana, the program works fine and all but I want to access the settings but once I bring up the options and specifically click settings,Cortana freezes and forces me to have to end the task,...