Windows 10: Can't access the main drive

Discus and support Can't access the main drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I accidentally remove the full control on my both active user even the administrator?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Doyb, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Doyb Win User

Can't access the main drive

I accidentally remove the full control on my both active user even the administrator?

:)

2. DannibusX Win User

Accessing a Hard Drive...

...from a dead laptop.

My girlfriend's laptop recently s**t the bed, and she has a lot of photos she would like to retrieve from it. I used a USB to IDE cable to try, but it's a no go. Her drive has Windows XP Home on it, and my system has Win7 x64. The computer recognizes the drive, but it wants me to initialize it, which I think may format it.

I don't know if it's formatted FAT32 or NTFS. Are there any suggestions on accessing the drive to pull all this data off of it?

DannibusX, Apr 16, 2020
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. Paolo Mag Win User

Unable to access Drives

Hi Suneel,

One of the reasons why you're unable to access your hard disk or an external hard drive is that these drives have been corrupted. For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Are you trying to access external hard drives or just partitioned drives on your PC?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

Just to make sure, kindly verify if your hard drive is reflected in your Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps listed below to check it:

• Press the Start button.
    • Type Device Manager.
    • Under Disk drives, kindly check if there's an error on the hard drive listed.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Paolo Mag, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't access the main drive - Similar Threads - Can't access main

2. Can't find main 1TB Hard-drive in 'This PC.'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find main 1TB Hard-drive in 'This PC.': Hi, for context I am looking to install a game onto my pc, but it automatically goes onto my SSD rather than the main 1TB drive, and when I tried to move it, it does not show in This PC where it usually would.Do you have any idea how I could fix this?...
  3. Can't Access CD Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Access CD Drive: First off, I don't actually have a CD drive, but Windows shows my F drive as being one. Some stuff got changed around and now that drive is listed as a CD drive instead of a hard drive. When I attempt to access it, I get the message "Please insert a disc into CD drive F:."...
  4. I can't access the Windows main menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access the Windows main menu: My notebook started to give problems since a cousin of mine put apps to work on his Apple cell phone, I uninstalled it, but it was still slow, after that I had to format several times and I couldn't keep giving the message "an error occurred, it was not possible format no...
  5. I can't access the Windows main menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't access the Windows main menu: My notebook started to give problems since a cousin of mine put apps to work on his Apple cell phone, I uninstalled it, but it was still slow, after that I had to format several times and I couldn't keep giving the message "an error occurred, it was not possible format no...
  6. I can't access the Windows main menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Can't access network drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access network drives: Hello, I have a very peculiar issue that in my 28 years of experience using Windows, never seen it before. I have two systems: Windows 10 Business on Surface Book 2 Windows 10 Business on VM In both systems I am logged in with the same AzureAD account. Both systems...
  8. Can't Access 'old' drives

Can't Access 'old' drives: I got a new parts in my pc, and The things I changed was the Processor and Motherboard. The Storage devices were left unchanged. It's been awhile since I changed the parts but, everything that I had previously had installed/had on my 'old' system was still there, but. Locked...
  9. Can't access network drive

Can't access network drive: I did a clean install of 1809 on my secondary system a couple of days ago to get rid of an untraceable problem that caused WD to shut down. The WD problem was solved, but I am now unable to access a drive (E:) from other PCs. Another drive (F:) is immediately accessible on...
  10. Can't Access E Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Access E Drive: When I try to click on something that was in that drive this comes up: "The drive or network connection that the shortcut '----' refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available, and then try again. When I try to...