Windows 10: Can't access the mobile hotspot tab in the network settings

Discus and support Can't access the mobile hotspot tab in the network settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I've been using my laptop as a hotspot for my phone and other devices and has been working ok until now. For some reason, I can't suddenly access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NoelOngoco, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Can't access the mobile hotspot tab in the network settings

So I've been using my laptop as a hotspot for my phone and other devices and has been working ok until now. For some reason, I can't suddenly access the mobile hotspot tab in the network settings. Whenever I click on it, it just gets highlighted and just closes on it's own after a few minutes. If I tab out, it won't let me tab in and just closes and becomes unresponsive. I've tried restarting a bunch of times to try and see if it'll work but sadly it did not. The hotspot button's also missing from the taskbar.

:)

NoelOngoco, Oct 20, 2019

2. Mobile hotspot No network access

Hi,

To fix the issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Connect your PC to your WiFi.
    • Right-click on the WiFi tray and click on Open network and sharing center.
    • Click on Change adapter settings which is present at the left side of the window.
    • Right-click on your WiFi and click on Properties, then click on the
      Sharing tab.
    • Check the box next to Allow other network to connect through this computer's internet and
      Allow other network users to control or disable the shared internet and click
      OK.
    • Go to Settings > Network & Internet >
      Mobile Hotspot
      and turn it on.

• After you turn on the hotspot, go back to the Change adapter settings window. You will find a connection called
      Local area connection* 20. The number 20 may differ.
    • Do step 4 again. In Sharing tab below the first checkbox, select the
      Local area connection* 20 from the drop-down.

Regards.

Aileen Alf, Oct 20, 2019
  3. Can't Set Up Mobile Hotspot

Hi Animesh_Bhardwaj.

First of all try to restart the PC and try again. Otherwise, follow this procedure: Go to network connections, access the properties of the network adapter connected to the internet> Sharing tab, enable Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) and confirm by
    pressing OK. Skip this step if ICS is already enabled.) Return to the Sharing tab and disable ICS and confirm by pressing OK.
    Enable the mobile hotspot from the Settings panel and try again.

Note: when using the mobile hotspot, the checkboxes on the Sharing tab must remain unchecked, otherwise the mobile hotspot will not work.

Note: The Netsh commands that you have suggested are not valid for the Mobile Hotspot, those commands are used for the Hosted Network which is a feature other than the integrated Windows Mobile Hotspot.

franco d'esaro, Oct 20, 2019
  4. Can't access the mobile hotspot tab in the network settings

can not access mobile hotspot

Hi Snehashis Mohapatra,

first of all try restarting the PC and try again. Otherwise follow this procedure: Go to network connections, access the properties of the network adapter connected to the internet> Sharing tab, enable Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) and confirm by
    pressing OK. Skip this step if ICS is already enabled.) Return to the Sharing tab and disable ICS and confirm by pressing OK.
    Enable the mobile hotspot from the Settings panel and try again.

Note: when using the mobile hotspot, the checkboxes on the Sharing tab must remain unchecked, otherwise the mobile hotspot will not work.

franco d'esaro, Oct 20, 2019
Thema:

Can't access the mobile hotspot tab in the network settings

1. Can't access the mobile hotspot tab in the network settings - Similar Threads - Can't access mobile

2. Can't connect to this network to my mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to this network to my mobile hotspot: I can't connect to mobile hotspot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-this-network-to-my-mobile-hotspot/fa4605d5-56d3-4873-99e0-01da6f2e16ac
  3. Can't connect to this network to my mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to this network to my mobile hotspot: I can't connect to mobile hotspot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-this-network-to-my-mobile-hotspot/fa4605d5-56d3-4873-99e0-01da6f2e16ac
  4. mobile hotspot setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mobile hotspot setting: Hello, my asus' mobile hotspots can't connect to other device. even the IP Address and etc is correct. can you help me for this case? I have already reset my network in cmd and others but this system always can't sharing my internet network by mobile hotspot to other device...
  5. mobile hotspot setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mobile hotspot setting: Hello, my asus' mobile hotspots can't connect to other device. even the IP Address and etc is correct. can you help me for this case? I have already reset my network in cmd and others but this system always can't sharing my internet network by mobile hotspot to other device...
  6. Can't set up mobile hotspot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't set up mobile hotspot.: LAN Internet connection perfectly running but mobile hotspot cant switch on.... when try to switch on 'share connection with other devices tab' show cant set up mobile hotspot. pliz advise....
  7. Can't set up mobile hotspot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't set up mobile hotspot.: LAN Internet connection perfectly running but mobile hotspot cant switch on.... when try to switch on 'share connection with other devices tab' show cant set up mobile hotspot. pliz advise....
  8. Can't set up mobile hotspot.

9. Can't Set Up Mobile Hotspot

Can't Set Up Mobile Hotspot: I have Windows 10. And I have a good network connection with good internet. But my laptop does not set up mobile hotspot. It says "We can't set up mobile hotspot." . I am facing this problem from January, 2019. Please HELP me....
  10. Settings, Network & Internet, Mobile Hotspot

Settings, Network & Internet, Mobile Hotspot: I noticed an entry in the Mobile Hotspot section in Settings. There is an entry in Mobile Hotspot section that has me perplexed. Under "Share My Internet Connection From" there are two entries that are filled in: Network Name: Network Password: Both of these have been...