Windows 10: Can't access things with administrator mode

Discus and support Can't access things with administrator mode in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Latest October 2020 update is stuck on downloading 100%. So I decided to stop windows update service and bits but windows won't let me. I am already in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/r_734, Oct 16, 2020.

1. /u/r_734 Win User

Can't access things with administrator mode

Latest October 2020 update is stuck on downloading 100%. So I decided to stop windows update service and bits but windows won't let me. I am already in administrator cmd, where do I go from here? It throws "system error 5 occurred. Access denied."

What do I do?

submitted by /u/r_734
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/r_734, Oct 16, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Can't Access Administrator Account - Windows 10

Hi,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you start your PC in safe mode. Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. For steps on how to start your PC in safe mode, refer to the following link:

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Once you are in safe mode, let's enable the built-in Administrator account on your PC. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu.
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type net user administrator /active:yes on the command prompt, and press Enter. This command will enable the built-in Administrator account.
    • Type net user administrator password on the command prompt, and press Enter. This will change the Administrator account's password to
      password.
    • Reboot your computer, and sign in as Administrator.

Once you are signed in as Administrator, let's make your old account as Administrator. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu.
    • Click on Settings > Accounts > Other Users.
    • Click on your other account and click on Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Can't access things with administrator mode

System administrator and You Tube restricted mode

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a local account or Microsoft account?
    2. How many user accounts are there on the computer?
    3. Do you have another administrator account on your computer?

I suggest you to refer the following link to Disable or enable Restricted Mode - Computer - YouTube Help for YouTube.

If you are having another administrator account on your PC, you can login to the administrator account and provide administrator access to the user account. Follow the steps mentioned below.

Steps:-

1. Tap on Windows + R on the keyboard.
    2. Type netplwiz in the run box.
    3. Under the Users tab, click on the
      user account and click on properties.
    4. Under Group Membership, select Administrator from the list.
    5. Click on Apply and OK.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Can't access things with administrator mode

1. Can't access things with administrator mode - Similar Threads - Can't access things

2. Operations restricted and can't do any administrative things.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Operations restricted and can't do any administrative things.: So I installed a software named Secure Exam Browser which proctored my Amazon exam. After completing the exam I tried to shut my PC down and when I click on the power menu in sidebar it says "There are no power options available". I tried to do it by Alt+fr on desktop but...
  3. Operations restricted and can't do any administrative things.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Operations restricted and can't do any administrative things.: So I installed a software named Secure Exam Browser which proctored my Amazon exam. After completing the exam I tried to shut my PC down and when I click on the power menu in sidebar it says "There are no power options available". I tried to do it by Alt+fr on desktop but...
  4. Can't get administrator access.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't get administrator access.: Hello, So, this is a tricky one. The OS is Windows 10 x64, last updated around 4 weeks ago, because I had to disable updates since I needed to run a very important program for 40+ days. UAC's consent.exe does not show up. I haven't set an administrator password. I tried a lot...
  5. Can't get administrator access.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get administrator access.: Hello, So, this is a tricky one. The OS is Windows 10 x64, last updated around 4 weeks ago, because I had to disable updates since I needed to run a very important program for 40+ days. UAC's consent.exe does not show up. I haven't set an administrator password. I tried a lot...
  6. Can't get administrator access.

7. Forced into Administrator mode and can't access My Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Forced into Administrator mode and can't access My Documents: Yesterday I was unable to get into my computer even though I'd been in it earlier. I'm just not being allowed to change my password so am able to do what I need as the Administrator which is fine. Except that I cannot access my Documents folder- it is not on my desktop. I've...
  8. Forced into Administrator mode and can't access My Documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forced into Administrator mode and can't access My Documents: Yesterday I was unable to get into my computer even though I'd been in it earlier. I'm just not being allowed to change my password so am able to do what I need as the Administrator which is fine. Except that I cannot access my Documents folder- it is not on my desktop. I've...
  9. Forced into Administrator mode and can't access My Documents

10. why is windows 10 administrator access a thing?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why is windows 10 administrator access a thing?: If i bought my computer i should have full access to my computer, this is like buying a car & after you find out you can't access the trunk or back seat. I shouldn't have to enter cmd to use my computer....