Windows 10: Can't access to a NVME M.2

Discus and support Can't access to a NVME M.2 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I wanted to change my windows to my NVME, During the Windows installation, I deleted all partitions of all my hard drive on my computer by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FlorentVandroy, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Can't access to a NVME M.2

Hi all,

I wanted to change my windows to my NVME, During the Windows installation, I deleted all partitions of all my hard drive on my computer by mistake.

- 1 HDD 1TO

- 1 SSD 120 GB

- 1 NVME 250GB

Anyway, I want to reinstall Windows on my NVME. I have a bootable usb created from media creation tools.

When I choose the NVME during the windows installation I got :

".... Coulnd not create a partition"

Error code 0x80070057

Actions done :

- I tryied to format the NVME with diskpart, whatever I do I got the message: Diskpart has encountered an error.

So I can't use the diskpart clean command on this drive

- I tryied to install ubuntu on my HHD to try to format it with Linux, Ubuntu don't even see my NVME while bios can see it.

- I tryied to switch to AHCI, turn on / off secure boot on my bios.

- I have reinstalled Windows to my SSD 120 to have access to my computer. When I go to Desk management after a start-up, I see my NVME in the list with unlocated storage. I right-click to add a simple volume, then I got the error : The parameter is incorrect. After that, if I refresh the list, the nvme is not in the list anymore and I have to restart my computer to see it again. After the error, the disk is not anymore on device manager too.

My nvme id : intel ssdpekkf256g7l

I don't think the drive is on NTFS but I don't know how can I change it now, all my actions didn't change nothing.

I don't even think my NVME is broken, cause he was working perfectly before the partition delete.

Here is my specs:

- Windows 10 pro x64 1809

- CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 2600X

- Graphics card : Nvidia GTX 1050 ti

- Motherboard : MSI B450M gaming plus

I hope I will fix my problem quickly.

Thank to everyone who will try to help me.

:)

FlorentVandroy, Feb 19, 2021

2. cloning hdd to NVMe m.2

if i clone my hdd to a nvme m.2 using something like macrium will windows use the right driver for nvme on boot or would i need to reinstall to get correct drivers

Crocodile_aligator, Feb 19, 2021
  3. bobkn Win User
    Issue with upgrading to m.2 NVME, Help?

I've done what "ignatzsonic" has done, multiple times.

Image the existing SSD to another drive, which could be the internal HD or an external one. Use the imaging software to create a bootable USB rescue drive. Swap SSDs. Boot from the USB rescue drive, and restore the image to the new SSD. Use Disk Management to resize the main partition if the new SSD is larger than the old, and the imaging software didn't already do that.

Is the laptop in question the ASUS FX553VD? A little Web search suggests that it supports NVME M.2 SSDs, but I wish that I was certain. It worries me slightly that Crucial doesn't list any M.2 NVME SSD upgrades for it.

bobkn, Feb 19, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Can't access to a NVME M.2

cloning hdd to NVMe m.2

Hi Crocodile_aligator

Yes, Windows will load the correct driver for the NVMe M.2. the first time you boot up Windows 10 from that drive after cloning your drive . . .

DaveM121, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

Can't access to a NVME M.2

1. Can't access to a NVME M.2 - Similar Threads - Can't access NVME

2. My NVMe m.2 is dead ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My NVMe m.2 is dead ?: Hello i have problem 2 days ago i was transferring my some files from NVMe m 2 to another drive but suddenly the drive gone from my pc also it's driver is gone too and in bio it shows m.2 slot empty and even the disk management doesn't show the drive i even try to reinstall...
  3. Slow M.2 nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow M.2 nvme ssd: Hi.I have Lexar NM620 M.2 2280 256GB SSD.Recently when I checked my ssd's read and write speed I noticed a significant performance drop. This is how it used to be a month ago :And this is how it is now :I mean these speeds are not even SATA ssd speeds. Could you help me with...
  4. Slow M.2 nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow M.2 nvme ssd: Hi.I have Lexar NM620 M.2 2280 256GB SSD.Recently when I checked my ssd's read and write speed I noticed a significant performance drop. This is how it used to be a month ago :And this is how it is now :I mean these speeds are not even SATA ssd speeds. Could you help me with...
  5. Migrate OS to M.2 nvme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrate OS to M.2 nvme: I am interested in migrating Windows 10 on my old gaming desktop to M.2 nvme to increase boot speeds. The migration seems straight forward but my question involves the software already installed on the current C drive. Will I have to uninstall the software and re-install it...
  6. Upgrade m.2 NVMe 256GB SSD to a larger m.2 NVMe SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade m.2 NVMe 256GB SSD to a larger m.2 NVMe SSD: I have an HP EliteDesk 800 G5 Mini PC and would like to change the boot WD_Black SN720 256GB NVMe m.2 SSD for a WD_Black SN850 500GB NVMe m.2 SSD.There are 2 NVMe M.2 slots and already have installed a WD_Black SN750 1TB NVMe Internal SSD in the second slot as a Data...
  7. Slow startup with NVMe M.2!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow startup with NVMe M.2!: Hi Windows 10 I have slow on startup Even though I use Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe Startup takes 35 seconds to desktop! All of these solutions have been made to no avail: Enable / disable fast startup in power options Enable / disable fastboot in the BIOS Disable all...
  8. NVMe M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVMe M.2 SSD: Hello, I have the Asus Rog Rampage Extreme Omega motherboard, X299 chipset. Currently, I have the Samsung 970 Pro which is a PCIe 3.0x4. From what I understand my motherboard only supports up to PCIe3.0x4. I also understand that PCIe is backwards compatible. Therefore, if...
  9. Help with nvme m.2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with nvme m.2: Need help m.2 nvme card I bought a digifast nvme m.2 and it won’t show up in Windows. I try doing the Disk Management, Initialize Disk but it’s doesn’t show up. When I go into the bios is there I see the m.2 and my ssd card. Help please. X570 gigabyte mobo. Thank you....
  10. Partition an M.2 NVMe?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Partition an M.2 NVMe?: Q1: Has anyone here partitioned a M.2 NVMe drive? Q2: What program did you use to do it? I'm playing with a new rig, just set it up, and fired up Partition Wizard 9.1 free bootable and it does not see the drive. It sees my SATA HDD. The NVMe shows up in BIOS. It is raw,...