Windows 10: Can't access to EFI Partition although it be mounted!

Discus and support Can't access to EFI Partition although it be mounted! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Few days ago, I can mount and access efi partition with explorer++ and disk genius. But now I can't access it although it be mounted. It shows the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Minh Pham Ngoc Quy, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Can't access to EFI Partition although it be mounted!

Few days ago, I can mount and access efi partition with explorer++ and disk genius. But now I can't access it although it be mounted. It shows the message as I don't mount the disk: "You don't currently have permission to access disk folder". How can I fix it to access throw eplorer++ or another software like before? Thanks alot!

:)

Minh Pham Ngoc Quy, Jan 7, 2019
  2. A123 Win User

Can the EFI partition be briefly and safely mounted?

Can the EFI partition be briefly and safely mounted? Am I correct that mountvol p: /s will mount the EFI partition to drive letter p? Does mounting the EFI partition create a security issue for the pc?

A123, Jan 7, 2019
  3. Can the EFI partition be briefly and safely mounted?

Can the EFI partition be briefly and safely mounted?

-> Yes, if your BIOS supports it.

Am I correct that mountvol p: /s will mount the EFI partition to drive letter p?

-> Yes, but I do not know what the /s switch should do.

Does mounting the EFI partition create a security issue for the pc?

-> No

Frederik Long, Jan 7, 2019
  4. trog100 Win User

Can't access to EFI Partition although it be mounted!

Move EFI partition

its to enable win 10 to update to its anniversary edition.. it cant do this due to lack of C drive space i have had a quick try with the trial version of easus.. it didnt seem to be able to do what i want..

i am assuming i cant just delete the efi partition but maybe i could.. as yet i havnt even figured out how to get into the bios of the thing.. maybe that should be my next step.. *Smile Can't access to EFI Partition although it be mounted! :)

diskpart could probably do it but figuring out how (it aint that user friendly) might be difficult without step by step instructions..

trog

trog100, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

Can't access to EFI Partition although it be mounted!

1. Can't access to EFI Partition although it be mounted! - Similar Threads - Can't access EFI

2. How to access files in the EFI partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to access files in the EFI partition: The EFI partition on HP systems contains bios backups and has run out of space. I cannot enlarge the partition. When I shrunk "C" the free space showed up on the right hand side instead of next to the EFI. I tried mounting the EFI using diskpart as suggesteddiskpartlist...
  3. How to access files in the EFI partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to access files in the EFI partition: The EFI partition on HP systems contains bios backups and has run out of space. I cannot enlarge the partition. When I shrunk "C" the free space showed up on the right hand side instead of next to the EFI. I tried mounting the EFI using diskpart as suggesteddiskpartlist...
  4. Can't access drive after backing up EFI partition to it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access drive after backing up EFI partition to it: Hello,I needed to do something that required backing up the EFI partition.so I assigned drive letter J to the Windows EFI partition using diskpart and copied with an elevated powershell the EFI folder to a folder named T-BU-9-6-22 on my E:\ drive.copy -Path "J:\EFI" -Dest...
  5. Can't access drive after backing up EFI partition to it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access drive after backing up EFI partition to it: Hello,I needed to do something that required backing up the EFI partition.so I assigned drive letter J to the Windows EFI partition using diskpart and copied with an elevated powershell the EFI folder to a folder named T-BU-9-6-22 on my E:\ drive.copy -Path "J:\EFI" -Dest...
  6. Mounting EFI system partition on USB?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mounting EFI system partition on USB?: I am trying to mount the EFI system partition on my USB drive, and Diskpart gives this error: Virtual Disk Service error: The operation is not supported on removable media. I can use MiniTool Partition Wizard to mount the ESP, but I would like to avoid using 3rd party...
  7. EFI partition mounting on startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EFI partition mounting on startup: So one time I decided to mount the EFI partition for testing purposes. Alright. Next day I start up my PC and the partition is still there. That's weird. I successfully removed the drive letter with diskpart. So I made a startup script to do that but that isn't a permanent...
  8. Access to EFI Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access to EFI Partition: After the latest windows update, when I open file explorer, three extra drives were added besides the c drive. Winretool partition was assigned y drive, PBR partition was assigned x drive and ESP (efi system partition) was assigned e drive. I was able to remove the y and x...
  9. Access to EFI Partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Access to EFI Partition: After the latest windows update, when I open file explorer, three extra drives were added besides the c drive. Winretool partition was assigned y drive, PBR partition was assigned x drive and ESP (efi system partition) was assigned e drive. I was able to remove the y and x...
  10. Can the EFI partition be briefly and safely mounted?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can the EFI partition be briefly and safely mounted?: Can the EFI partition be briefly and safely mounted? Am I correct that mountvol p: /s will mount the EFI partition to drive letter p? Does mounting the EFI partition create a security issue for the pc?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. efi mounted but invisible

2. access to efi folder not possible win 10

3. cant get into efi partition

4. cant access efi