Windows 10: Can't access to new local user

Discus and support Can't access to new local user in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I reinstalled windows and it was a proper clean install. I decided to go to a LAN party and give one my laptop to a friend. I thought it is going to be... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Robotukas, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Robotukas Win User

Can't access to new local user

I reinstalled windows and it was a proper clean install. I decided to go to a LAN party and give one my laptop to a friend. I thought it is going to be better to make local user account because I only need for one day. I made local user account but it doesn't work. I can access to Local Administrator account but I can't access to user administrator account.

I don't how I should you programmers or idiots? I think I will call you idiots. Next year what I am going to do is to buy Mac. And can say that people who work in apple they are programmers. They don’t do **** what you guys do. And you even can manage to make windows to make it as simple as possible. Definitely your windows OS is not designed for business users or home users, but is designed for you to use it.

Why you idiot offering an option to have Local User but it doesn’t work Can't access to new local user :DDDDD. I only can laugh from you idiots.

:)

Robotukas, Sep 14, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 Add New Local User Fails with "Something went wrong" message

Hello,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community. I would like to have some more understanding to the issue so that we can diagnose and work on the issue faster. Kindly provide me the following information:

• Did you use the same Microsoft account to setup user account on this computer?
    I would suggest you to create a new local user account using the below steps

Steps:

• From the desktop press Windows flag key + R

• And type netplwiz and click ok.
    This will open user account window click add and follow the onscreen instruction to create a new local account.

Reply with the status of the issue and we will be glad to offer our assistance.

Arul_D, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Unable to access Local Disks (CCan't access to new local user :), (DCan't access to new local user :), and any programs inside those

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with privileges to access the local account, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Please be informed us the troubleshooting steps you have already tried.

This issue might be due to some error in system settings.

If you have not yet tried the below steps, I suggest you to perform and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to log out from the current user account, restart the computer and log-in with the administrator account and check if you are able to access the local drivers.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode, try to log-in with administrator account and check if the issue persists.

Try the above steps and reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Can't access to new local user

Setting New Location Of User Folder to another User Folder

Hi Renee,

Having an easy access to the Desktop folder can give you a convenience on opening your files. Regarding your concern about the Desktop folder that was moved to the Downloads section, we recommend that you create a new local user or administrator account to
    resolve the issue.

To create a local user or administrator account, follow the steps listed on this
    link

In addition, to move your files from the Downloads folder back to the Desktop folder, we suggest that you manually copy and paste the files to avoid any data loss.

Feel free to post back if you need more help.

Eileen Gal, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Can't access to new local user

1. Can't access to new local user - Similar Threads - Can't access local

2. Need to access Admin User log-in, can't access after inadvertently logging in as Local User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to access Admin User log-in, can't access after inadvertently logging in as Local User: I run Windows 11 Pro After inadvertently signing in on my laptop as Local User human graphic with name adjacent instead of the login with human on lanyard/name badge graphic adjacent to my name, used exclusively since setting my laptop up, my laptop is essentially brand new...
  3. Need to access Admin User log-in, can't access after inadvertently logging in as Local User

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to access Admin User log-in, can't access after inadvertently logging in as Local User: I run Windows 11 Pro After inadvertently signing in on my laptop as Local User human graphic with name adjacent instead of the login with human on lanyard/name badge graphic adjacent to my name, used exclusively since setting my laptop up, my laptop is essentially brand new...
  4. Can't find local and users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find local and users: I don't see local and users in computer management so when I ever try to download lusrmgr file and connect it, I can't. When I use mmc.exe, file, add, and local users and group,, says "This snapin may not be used with this edition error". How to fix it?...
  5. Create new local user without access to the other account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Create new local user without access to the other account: I'd like to create a new local user for school on my pc without access to my current files. My current account has a lot of clutter and files from video games and such. When I make a new basic account, I still have access to everything that was installed on my main user...
  6. Can't login as local user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't login as local user: I have new a Dell Laptop 8 gb, i5, 64-bit x64- based processor. I just reinstalled Windows 10 pro, version 20H2, OS build 19042/865, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 via the Media Creation tool, clean installation. Which went without a hitch. I had to login...
  7. Can't Access Local users and groups.

Can't Access Local users and groups.: I used this application called virtual hardware to customize my hwids and stuff I think that's what it did haha. Ever since I used this, I cant access Local users and groups. It says invalid path. And when I try to access net user in cmd is says windows error. Any help is...
  8. can't access my local user account

can't access my local user account: I'm not good with English so bear with me. So recently my antivirus that came with my laptop expired and a blue screen came up telling me to either renew it or okay, i clicked okay and then it took me back to my desktop andall my programs and files was lost, only a clean...
  9. Can't create a new local user account

Can't create a new local user account: I use a local Administrator level account, not a Microsoft account and am trying to create a new local user account to do some testing, but it doesn't work. When I click on Add someone else to this PC, I get a grey box for a second which goes away and that's it. No error,...
  10. Local access user login

Local access user login: I have several HP home computers that I am setting up local account users for. I have 7 kids so 9 of us in the family. I have created local user accounts with no email(kids). Some of them work and some I get profile service service failed can not load profile. I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cant access local user windows 10