Windows 10: Cant access to WindowsApps xbox beta games although i have all the permissions

Discus and support Cant access to WindowsApps xbox beta games although i have all the permissions in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So i have installed xbox beta app and i have games there. I gained access to WindowsApps in C drive and where my games installed in G or H drive. In G... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by tlgablt, Feb 20, 2020.

1. tlgablt Win User

Cant access to WindowsApps xbox beta games although i have all the permissions

So i have installed xbox beta app and i have games there. I gained access to WindowsApps in C drive and where my games installed in G or H drive.

In G drive i have all access to WindowsApps and all access to lets say A Plague's Tale game folder. But still cant open Plague's Tale.exe or do anything in that folder.

When i try to open .exe it says "you cant access it, you may not have permission". I can not see any permission in any file inside game folder. How can i fix it?

I did every security tab and given permissions to myself, i clicked "do this to all folders" box, im administrator, i have no uac, i really need a solution so dont please dont tell me the obvious answers. Cant access to WindowsApps xbox beta games although i have all the permissions 0e5e80bd-f8ec-4e62-b5c8-ebeda9fac1e1?upload=true.png Cant access to WindowsApps xbox beta games although i have all the permissions e6bef7bb-07a1-43a9-b71f-289feacb93c6?upload=true.png

:)

tlgablt, Feb 20, 2020
  2. Oleg Pt Win User

I can't get permissions for the WindowsApps.

It was the first time I directly downloaded application from Store. When I was downloading game "Outer Worlds", choosed non-system disk (PCant access to WindowsApps xbox beta games although i have all the permissions :) as install device (however in "Settings -> System -> Default Storage for new items" there was disk (CCant access to WindowsApps xbox beta games although i have all the permissions :)) After complete
    download there was an error "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\{long name of folder with numbers} Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item".

Ok, maybe it was because of settings. I deleted the game (from Start), deleted all WindowsApps folders on disk P, changed Default storage for new items on disk P and reinstalled the game. No effect, same error. Windows tries to find the game on "C:\Program
    Files\WindowsApps\". Ok, fine. Deleted the game, deleted all WindowsApps folders on P, changed settings back, reinstalled the game on disk C. No effect, same error. Why?

The game is in right folder, but no - "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item". I know, all folders in WindowsApps is owned by
    System. With cmd chandged owner for all inner folders and files to my account. Same error.

Tried other games from store (Angry Birds 2, Astroneer). Downloaded them to P, to C - no errors. Xbox beta App - same error BUT from install folder (WindowsApps\MicrosoftGameApp...) I can execute app with .exe file without any problem.

Already tried sfc/scannow. Dont have any antivirus besides Win Defender. Have all last updates. Troubleshooter found nothing. I don't know, what to do.

Can you help me find solution for this? Please, without reinstall Windows.

Oleg Pt, Feb 20, 2020
  3. cow992434 Win User
    Fixing Microsoft Store and Xbox (Beta) app install problems (error code 0x80070005)

The solution for installing 2 problematic games (For the King and Wolfenstein II) was to set permissions for all users and groups for the WindowsApps folders on both of my drives ('C:\Program Files\WindowsApps' and 'F:\WindowsApps in my case'). This prevented
    the 0x80070005 / access denied error from occuring.

Here are the steps to set permissions for both folders:

1. Find the locations for WindowsApps folders

2. Right mouse button click on the folder and select properties, then the security tab

3. Click the advanced button

4. Change the Owner to the name of your main windows user account

5. Now, for all usernames and groups in the list below, under Basic Permissions select ''Full control' and click OK.
    There may be some permissions you can't change, but try to set as many as possible, you can also set them in the main security tab.

6. Repeat the above for each WindowsApp folder (if you have multiple drives)

Let me know if this works for you too, personally, it's been a huge pain in the backside to fix, so apologies if it doesn't fix the problem.

Tip - The Xbox (Beta) app lets users choose where to install games each time, even if there is enough space on the default drive (usually CCant access to WindowsApps xbox beta games although i have all the permissions :). This is useful because the option to change the default app location in Windows is very buggy.

cow992434, Feb 20, 2020
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Getting full access to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

Hey x509,
    IIRC ... it's not actually a corrupt entry, but a special permission/condition (Exists:WIN://SYSAPPID) for Users(Pc-Name\Users) and shouldn't be removed. If you must change permissions on the WindowsApps folder and/or sub folders/files .... I suggest you get familiar with ICACLS first and save the current WindowsApps Folder / Sub Folders / File permissions to a acl.txt file, so you can restore them in case you break something (which is very likely when messing with permissions)

ICACLS - iCacls - Modify Access Control List - Windows CMD - SS64.com

Eagle51, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Cant access to WindowsApps xbox beta games although i have all the permissions - Similar Threads - Cant access WindowsApps

2. Windowsapps permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windowsapps permission: I recently was messing about with the windowsapps folder. After messing with it a lot of my games, apps, etc won't load they crash immediately. I tried reverting the changes I made which didn't do anything, ran the system scan, updated windows, and thru the media installer...
  3. I cant access Minecraft launcher due to lack of permissions in the windowsApps folder how...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant access Minecraft launcher due to lack of permissions in the windowsApps folder how...: I can't access Minecraft launcher due to a lack of permissions in the windows apps folder, although it seems to be fine to my user admin in the security tab, I tried to reset my pc, but nothing has changed how do I fix it?...
  4. I cant access Minecraft launcher due to lack of permissions in the windowsApps folder how...

I cant access Minecraft launcher due to lack of permissions in the windowsApps folder how...: I can't access Minecraft launcher due to a lack of permissions in the windows apps folder, although it seems to be fine to my user admin in the security tab, I tried to reset my pc, but nothing has changed how do I fix it?...
  5. i have the new xbox x with all access ultimate, cant download any pc games

i have the new xbox x with all access ultimate, cant download any pc games: when i go to the destination drop down within the settings on the app for games, its blank and wont let me download https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-the-new-xbox-x-with-all-access-ultimate/c85496e4-7387-44a2-bd76-75fae0d9e3d8
  6. Windowsapps permission

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windowsapps permission: I am trying to change the name of a folder in the windows apps folder. I am the owner of the folder but I cant rename it. It's says I need access from myself. What do I do? submitted by /u/TitusHM1 [link] [comments]...
  7. Don't have access to WindowsApps folder and cant delete it.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Don't have access to WindowsApps folder and cant delete it.: I've downloaded a lot of games onto my external hard drive about 600GB from the Windows Store. I later reset my PC because I wanted to have a clean install of Windows. Now I can't access the windows apps folder that was made before the reset because it thinks it is from...
  8. WindowsApps Permission Access Issue

WindowsApps Permission Access Issue: Recently I changed some permission on my Users folder and started getting this message at startup. [ATTACH] This folder is greyed out and I cannot change permissions on it. It keeps giving me the message that I do not have permission to change this folder, even though I'm...
  9. Cant download Xbox Beta or any Microsoft Store games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant download Xbox Beta or any Microsoft Store games.: So I bought the xbox game pass for pc, and when i tried to download xbox beta, i got an error even after restarting the pc so I tried the link to get it online, got error code 0x80073CFE even after trying multiple times and resetting the microsoft store and restarting my pc....
  10. Xbox Game Beta Application

Xbox Game Beta Application: [ATTACH]i was updated the windows 10 1903 and installed the xbox game beta. and here it is. how can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-beta-application/8c2a8311-79b1-43c4-8114-6976fa10162b"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox beta file permission error

2. xbox beta windowsapps

3. xbix beta i don t have access to windowsapps