Windows 10: Cant access USB or SD cards

Discus and support Cant access USB or SD cards in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So i have been trawling the web and bashing my head against the wall for hours. I cant access removable storage. It tells me i need to access the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by michaelrowanwhite, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Cant access USB or SD cards

So i have been trawling the web and bashing my head against the wall for hours. I cant access removable storage.

It tells me i need to access the security tab in the properties menu, but there isn't one.

Have tried everything in the video linked, but doesnt work. As there is nothing in the Policies folder. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auN7kVdTcHg

Also GPEDIT.msc doesnt work as its windows 10 home.

It is mental I cant use USB or SD cards. How do i fix this!?

:)

michaelrowanwhite, Oct 14, 2019
  2. bman555 Win User

USB & SD cards are not auto opening

Hi Forum,
    I have had issues with USB and SD cards not "auto" playing on my desktop HP Pavilion p6620f running Window10. This has been an issue for a long time, I've just been tolerating the situation.
    Any USB and any SD card shows up in My PC as do all the drives. Access can be gained from here , so there is not an issue with bad cards, etc.
    The first driver listed from Device Manager for Universal Serial Bus controllers is "Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader -driver date 1/19/2017- Ver. 10.0.14393.31233 , which I down loaded and installed hoping this would fix my issue . It did not.
    I have tried to use some of the other possibles and still no luck.
    I have googled this issue and have tried all of the proposed remedies with no success.
    A side note . i have a Asus laptop with Windows 10 installed and I have no issues with the same USB drive and SD card.
    Any help?

Thanks

bman555, Oct 14, 2019
  3. Problem accessing video files on SD card with windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing the content from SD card after upgrading to Windows 10, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to connect the SD card to different computer running Windows 10 and check if the same issue persists.

Step 2: As you are trying to access the content from the SD card, I suggest you to copy the content on to your laptop, check if you are able to view the content and access them.

Try the above and reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 14, 2019
  4. Cant access USB or SD cards

Reading SD card

Thank you for the information.

Since it only happens on your device, we recommend checking the SD slot on your Windows 10 computer to know whether the issue results from hardware part of the SD slot. You may also insert the card to an USB card reader and plug it to the USB port to see
    if you're able to access the SD card data.

If the issue persists, you may run the hardware troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W.
    • On the search bar, type troubleshooting and press Enter.
    • Select the Hardware and sound.
    • Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.
    • Follow the On screen instructions. Once this is done, restart the computer and check the status.

Let us know the outcome. We will be glad to assist you.

Justine Pel, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

Cant access USB or SD cards

1. Cant access USB or SD cards - Similar Threads - Cant access USB

2. Sd card not accessible.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sd card not accessible.: When i try to plug my SD card into windows it makes the sound saying that a device is connected, but is not accessible in any way. It also doesnt show up in explorer. I have tried Device Manger, updating drivers, uninstalling the device, i have tried formatting and tried to...
  3. Sd card not accessible.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sd card not accessible.: When i try to plug my SD card into windows it makes the sound saying that a device is connected, but is not accessible in any way. It also doesnt show up in explorer. I have tried Device Manger, updating drivers, uninstalling the device, i have tried formatting and tried to...
  4. sd card not accessible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sd card not accessible: I have updated my windows to a new version and now I have access issues with an SD card that is on my machine. The computer seems to know it's there as it's listed in my computer but it can't be read, has no letter assigned to the volume but I can't format it as it says...
  5. No access to USB storage devices [USB / SD CARDS / EXTERNAL HD]

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No access to USB storage devices [USB / SD CARDS / EXTERNAL HD]: Hi all, I have been smashing my head against this problem for several weeks. My current PC does not read / have access to reading any SD CARD / USB from my USB ports, like literally any of them.. I have isolated this to justthis PC and not the USB / SD CARDS as other...
  6. unable to access SD Card/USB drive/CD Drive

unable to access SD Card/USB drive/CD Drive: Hi, I am unable to access any kind of external drives at all. On an HP laptop with Windows 10. In file explorer the error is "Location not available" E:\ is not available Access Denied I tried changing the owner to myself, then everyone, get the error "unable to set new...
  7. Cant delete items on sd card

Cant delete items on sd card: I have several sd cards and I can open, copy and paste all items to my pc windows 10 but when I right click there is no delete option. The cards are not locked and I always used to be able to delete but the option has disappeared. I have tried to format them on the pc but I...
  8. access to external drives e.g usb drive and sd card

access to external drives e.g usb drive and sd card: Hello, Since I have installed Windows ten, I am unable to access files from my usb drives or sd cards. Does anyone have a solution? thanks....
  9. My micro SD cards wont read/cant access card

My micro SD cards wont read/cant access card: My micro SD cards wont read/cant access card I have windows 10 HP laptop bought last year 2017. My CD player works, so do all the USB ports. I made sure to keep my micro SD HC 16gb by Transcend, and other ones ive used. Is there a setting I have off for reading this...
  10. USB & SD cards are not auto opening

USB & SD cards are not auto opening: Hi Forum, I have had issues with USB and SD cards not "auto" playing on my desktop HP Pavilion p6620f running Window10. This has been an issue for a long time, I've just been tolerating the situation. Any USB and any SD card shows up in My PC as do all the drives. Access...