Windows 10: Can't Access VIDEOS from External Hard Drive

Discus and support Can't Access VIDEOS from External Hard Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, So I just recently got a 5 TB external hard drive, and with the Mylio photo sharing app was able to sync all of my photos and videos together... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DanielDefoe23, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Can't Access VIDEOS from External Hard Drive

Hi,

So I just recently got a 5 TB external hard drive, and with the Mylio photo sharing app was able to sync all of my photos and videos together between the external hard drive, my Windows 10 laptop, and the phone itself.

I have 2 issues.

Firstly, if I am in the app and try to share one of the videos, it says that the video is not present on the computer and cannot be exported. I understand this specific issue is more for the people in charge of Mylio, because I cannot for the life of me find out where I'm meant to go in order to actually make those videos PRESENT on the computer itself, and everything I'm finding isn't working.

Secondly, if I go into the Files app on the computer, enter the External Drive and go into the files.....the videos aren't there. There's a bunch of folders where the photos are including thumbnails from the videos, but the videos themselves are not working, and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong to not be able to find. I have tried for a week now to try to make things work, but I just can't seem to be able to.

Is there any particular reason on the computer's end why I can't find the videos on the computer? Or why I view them on Mylio because they're synced but not able to actually download the video onto the computer itself?

I really need these videos so I can transfer them over to an editor for some work I'm doing. Any help is appreciated.

:)

DanielDefoe23, Mar 3, 2020

2. Seagate External Hard Drive

Hi Barbara,

Hardware failure or corruption within your system files are some of the possible reasons why you are experiencing an issue with accessing your external hard drive. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows 10?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when you are trying to access the external hard drive using another PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running the automated troubleshooter for hardware. Follow these steps to do so:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search box at the upper right corner of the window, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound and then choose Hardware and Devices.
    • Once done, restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Mar 3, 2020
  4. twynog Win User

Can't Access VIDEOS from External Hard Drive

External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Can't Access VIDEOS from External Hard Drive

1. Can't Access VIDEOS from External Hard Drive - Similar Threads - Can't Access VIDEOS

2. Can't access external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access external hard drive.: When I try to see movies that I have on the 1TB drive I get the following message.Virtual Disk Manager.Data error Cyclic Redundancy CheckIt doesn't show up in explorer so I can't even format it.Any suggestions.Thanks in advance.Peter....
  3. Can't access external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access external hard drive.: When I try to see movies that I have on the 1TB drive I get the following message.Virtual Disk Manager.Data error Cyclic Redundancy CheckIt doesn't show up in explorer so I can't even format it.Any suggestions.Thanks in advance.Peter....
  4. Viewing Video Files From External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Viewing Video Files From External Hard Drive: I am looking to view video files on my XBOX 1 and smart TV's that I have stored on a external hard drive that is connected to my windows 10 PC. I can view the files that are on my PC from these devices but cannot view the files contained on my external hard drive. I have...
  5. can't access external hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can't access external hard drive: Hello, A few days ago I purchased a brand new Lenovo Ideapad laptop (Win ver 1909), and when I tried to transfer my files via my external WD hard drive, I could see the drive as a partition (don't remember how I found that) and I could hear it running, but it didn't show up...
  6. External Hard Drive No Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External Hard Drive No Access: My external Seagate Backup Plus Drive shows up as E:\ when I plug it in but is not able to be accessed. I could see under right click properties that it was an NTFS drive and the name but zero for used, free, and capacity. I could get in from the command prompt and got one...
  7. Can't access external hard drive

Can't access external hard drive: Yes, it is visible in Device Manager. Yes, the "best drivers" are already installed. Yes to every unhelpful "reply" from Microsoft LITTERED around this forum. Yet I still cannot open the drive. HOW DO I ACCESS MY EXTERNAL DRIVE?1?! This is clearly a known issues that you...
  8. External Hard drive not accessible

External Hard drive not accessible: My external hard drive was unplugged accidently. When i plugged it back into the computer, it recogonized a previous error with it and was in the process of fixing those errors automatically when it was accidentally unplugged again. Now when i plug in my external drive the...
  9. Can't Access External Hard Drive

Can't Access External Hard Drive: I can't access my external hard drive from my laptop. But when connect to other laptop using win 7 it easily open. [img] Drive E not showing NTFS file system. [img] Pop up when I tried to open Drive E. This is so frustrating Its not my external HD fault and I...
  10. External Hard drive not accessible...

External Hard drive not accessible...: Hi All, External Hard drive not accessible...? I have 1TB Seagate Backup Plus Slim 200gb cloud Hard Drive. It was working fine on Win 7 earlier, I formatted my desktop and installed win 7 OS since then my exernal hard drive is not initializing. My external hdd was not...