Windows 10: Can't access virus & threat protection

Discus and support Can't access virus & threat protection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I tried to run a scan recently, but virus & threat protection didn't appear. I used the search bar to get to it & it says that the IT admin won't let... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bracey004, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Bracey004 Win User

Can't access virus & threat protection

I tried to run a scan recently, but virus & threat protection didn't appear. I used the search bar to get to it & it says that the IT admin won't let me access it, despite this being a home computer & not a part of a network. I did some research on it & I thought it was because of leftover McAfee files. I had already uninstalled all McAfee programs in the control panel, so I installed the removal tool from their site & ran it. Even after that, though, there were still some McAfee files in the registry editor & I still couldn't access virus & threat protection.

Does anyone know how I could access virus & threat protection & how to remove all McAfee files from my computer?

:)

Bracey004, Mar 22, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Virus threat protection

Hi Valentin

As an alternative approach, you can allow that utility through the Controlled Folder Access section of WIndows 10 security . . .

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to Controlled folder access

From there, you can add Dell Data Vault to the list of safe or allowed apps to prevent it from being blocked

Please do not leave Controlled Folder Access turned off permanently

DaveM121, Mar 22, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Virus and Threat Protection Warnings

Hi Penelope_AV

ETD_GetSMART.exe is HP Software and it is safe, that software is designed to check your hard drive for imminent failure and warn you

You can add that to the list of safe files in Controlled Folder Access to get rid of this warning

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

From there, you can add an app to the list of safe or allowed apps to prevent them from being blocked

ETD_GetSMART.exe is located in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\Resources\HPActiveHealth\Executable Agent Data\_Shared\DiskCheck\

DaveM121, Mar 22, 2021
  4. Can't access virus & threat protection

Virus & Threat Protection

There are some applications that are not yet compatible Control Folder Access. It is intended to block Ransomware. Until third party apps catch up, the best you can do is to disable it.

Click Virus & threat protection

Click Virus & threat protection settings

Toggle it off

Andre Da Costa, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

Can't access virus & threat protection

1. Can't access virus & threat protection - Similar Threads - Can't access virus

2. Cannot Access Virus and Threat Protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Access Virus and Threat Protection: I cannot access my Virus and Threat Protection in my settings, it give me a prompt that says "Your IT Administrator has limited access...". My Device Security has a warning sign and I cannot click dismiss nor Go to settings. It has also a prompt message: Page not available....
  3. i can't access my threats and virus protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't access my threats and virus protection: help me to access my threat and virus protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-my-threats-and-virus-protection/eb30acd1-586d-4c5e-9b2c-23bd5098bdc2
  4. i can't access my threats and virus protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can't access my threats and virus protection: help me to access my threat and virus protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-my-threats-and-virus-protection/eb30acd1-586d-4c5e-9b2c-23bd5098bdc2
  5. virus and threat protection is not accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    virus and threat protection is not accessible: My laptop virus and threat protection is not opening it's showing "Page not available" ,"Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information." But in the profile my id has...
  6. virus and threat protection is not accessible

virus and threat protection is not accessible: My laptop virus and threat protection is not opening it's showing "Page not available" ,"Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information." But in the profile my id has...
  7. Accessing "Virus & threat protection settings"

Accessing "Virus & threat protection settings": "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information".I've tried to run the gpedit.msc too but I get the error message "Windows cannot find 'gpedit.msc'. Make sure...
  8. how to access virus and threat protection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to access virus and threat protection: so i try to open virus and threat protection but it just blocks me and says your it administrator has limited access to some areas of this app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-virus-and-threat-protection/f37282cd-dce2-4fe8-9275-7370ab175009
  9. Unable to access Virus and Threat protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to access Virus and Threat protection: [ATTACH] I am unable to access the virus and threat protectionfeature. Though I am an administrator. Please find attached the screenshot for the same....
  10. How to access virus and threat protection?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to access virus and threat protection?: Whenever I try to click on "Virus and threat protection" I see a message that says: "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information". How do I change this so...