Windows 10: cant access wacom tablet properties

Discus and support cant access wacom tablet properties in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i want to customize the controls on my wacom tablet but i cant even find it in settings, even when its connected to my computer and functioning.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mushroomb, Nov 5, 2020.

1. mushroomb Win User

cant access wacom tablet properties

i want to customize the controls on my wacom tablet but i cant even find it in settings, even when its connected to my computer and functioning.

:)

mushroomb, Nov 5, 2020

2. Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet-"tablet driver not found"

Problem: I cannot access the Wacom tablet properties, receive error "tablet driver not found".

I have tried solutions on Microsoft community and other sites with out success.

I have downloaded latest drivers from Wacom.

Tablet does show in device manager and control panel.

Restarting Wacom Professional driver service does not work.

I have tried the tablet in a windows 7 OS laptop and the tablet properties panel did work, so do not believe

it is a hardware or usb port issue.

Tablet previously worked when I ran windows 7 OS.

I have allowed all the Wacom applications through windows firewall.

I have tried older Wacom drivers without success.

I have installed the Wacom driver as a normal install into the 'C' drive.

The pen itself does function on the tablet, there is power to the tablet but cannot set up any tablet buttons.

I am using Windows 10 64 bit OS.

I would appreciate any further steps I might take to solve this issue.

Thank you

RobertGillan_992, Nov 5, 2020
  3. ALANGR Win User
    finding a driver for Wacom Graphire tablet

I am bumping this as I have made some progress - although the problem is not solved.

I have found what I think is the latest Wacom driver software (6.3.5-3). It is an exe file and it installs OK. Following a re-start, there is an entry under Control Panel for 'tablet Properties. So far so good.

When I click on Tablet Properties, though, I get the message that a tablet is not installed. OK, so I uninstall the tablet and drivers from Device Manager, unplug the tablet and re-plug. Windows then installs its own driver but still the tablet does not show up as being present - it is just shown as a 'Wacom mouse'. I am unable to update the drivers with the exe file so am at a loss as to what to do next.

I wonder if I could stop Windows installing its own drivers whether running the exe file would recognise the tablet as a tablet but I do not know how to block the Windows loading its own stuff!

Can anyone suggest a way forwards here?

Thanks

ALANGR, Nov 5, 2020
  4. Boggle Win User

finding a driver for Wacom Graphire tablet

I had the same issue with a Wacom Graphire and Windows 10 Pro x64 using that driver. The fix was to use the older, recommended Wacom driver from the web-site (v.6.05-7) which works fine (even though it's for Vista!). You can grab it from the Graphire Support page at Wacom Graphire Support

Boggle, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

1. cant access wacom tablet properties - Similar Threads - cant access wacom

2. Disabling Windows Ink disables Wacom Tablet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Windows Ink disables Wacom Tablet: I've been troubleshooting with my wacom tablet's ability to interact with applications and browser-based programs for some time now with very limited success. Disabling 'Windows Ink' on my computer just disables the pen's ability to write on anything. Could I please have help...
  3. WACOM TABLET NOT RECOGNIZED PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WACOM TABLET NOT RECOGNIZED PLEASE HELP: I'm so frustrated right now and can't find any answers.I'm downloading my Wacom Intuos tablet model CTL-490 for the first time on this laptop MSI - GF63. I have Windows 10. Latest driver is installed, and has been uninstalled and reinstalled more then once and computer...
  4. A laptop and a wacom pen-enabled tablet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A laptop and a wacom pen-enabled tablet: Hey there, this is my first time posting. Currently i have 2 windows 10 devices, a laptop and an old windows tablet. Just found out recently that the tablet is actually wacom pen enabled with feel drivers and all that. So my question is, can i somehow connect the two device...
  5. MOUSE bug - Wacom pen + tablet

in Windows 10 Customization
    MOUSE bug - Wacom pen + tablet: https://imgur.com/a/zzmMqUy I am having an issue where after a minute or two, never immediately, after using my drawing tablet, Windows decides to increase my cursor size seeminglybeyond the maximum size in Settings. My setup is as follows: Wacom Intuos 2 XD-1212-U...
  6. Photoshop problem on Wacom tablet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photoshop problem on Wacom tablet: When window ink is 'on', Photoshop is lagging. I tried to turn 'off' window ink in properties and create PSUserConfig file with UseSystemStylus 0. But it led to the frozen cursor in Photoshop. I used Wacom pen and a mouse. I tried to reinstall wacom driver, Photoshop, removed...
  7. wacom tablet

wacom tablet: Hi, Yesterday i bought a wacom tablet FT-0405-U0B and wanted to install it on windows 10 but didn't work. I've installed the drivers from the internet,nothing works. Is it even compatible with windows 10? I can't even find any information on google to veryfied that. I've...
  8. Wacom Tablet Registered as Mouse

Wacom Tablet Registered as Mouse: Hi, I recently got a used Wacom Bamboo CTL-460 and I've been trying to set it up with my HP laptop running Windows 10. I downloaded the driver compatible with CTL products and plugged in the tablet, which the computer recognized and said was "ready to use". The buttons on...
  9. wacom tablet not detected

wacom tablet not detected: My Intuos tablet doesnt show up when I open the Wacom desktop center so I cant restore my device settings and cant use the pens sensitivity or shortcuts anymore. It makes that sound when it gets plugged in and shows up in device managers but it just acts like a mouse. I've...
  10. finding a driver for Wacom Graphire tablet

finding a driver for Wacom Graphire tablet: I have a Wacom Graphire tablet that is about 20 years old but I still use it most days. It survived the upgrade from W7 to W10 (somehow). I have another computer that also has a Graphire tablet which does not work properly; this is a new computer that had W10 already...