Windows 10: can't access win 10 computer as admin

Discus and support can't access win 10 computer as admin in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm logged into the computer and to MS but when I click on anything that needs admin access I get this message:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BillGardiner1, Jan 19, 2021.

1. can't access win 10 computer as admin

I'm logged into the computer and to MS but when I click on anything that needs admin access I get this message:

https://i.gyazo.com/2c302d873fe7f41e1f886f205426d0a3.png

But no way to login as admin.

I also get this message when I bring up the Lock Screen options. It says some settings are hidden or managed by my organization but I don't have an organization, this is a home computer. I don't think this is relevant but it might help.

https://i.gyazo.com/d0774ac1bdfc0af536e7b246ff393afb.png

Thanks in advance...

:)

BillGardiner1, Jan 19, 2021

2. access BIOS settings in Win 10

I have an 8-year old computer running Win 10. I need to access the BIOS settings. It used to be the holding down the F2 key during startup would bring up the BIOS screen in Windows computers. But this no longer works. A web article listed a complicated
    series of steps leading to a reboot . . . but still no access to BIOS. Any suggestions?

R BruceBeckner, Jan 19, 2021
  3. adoornik Win User
    Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Jan 19, 2021
  4. taward Win User

can't access win 10 computer as admin

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

can't access win 10 computer as admin

1. can't access win 10 computer as admin - Similar Threads - can't access computer

2. win 10 can't see win 10 computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 10 can't see win 10 computers: I have 2 desktop computers running windows 10 home v. 22h2 and one running windows 11 home. the windows 10 computers can see the windows 11 computer but the win 11 can't see the win 10 computers. all networks are set to private and set to share without password protection....
  3. win 10 can't see win 10 computers

win 10 can't see win 10 computers: I have 2 desktop computers running windows 10 home v. 22h2 and one running windows 11 home. the windows 10 computers can see the windows 11 computer but the win 11 can't see the win 10 computers. all networks are set to private and set to share without password protection....
  4. win 10 can't see win 10 computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. win 10 can't see win 10 computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Can't access admin account windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access admin account windows 10: I created account from Setting > Account and I gave admin access. Then I restarted the laptop, and I didn't find the new account. So I locked in to my old account. And my admin permissions have disappeared. So I went into computer management.I found a new account created that...
  7. Can't access admin account windows 10

Can't access admin account windows 10: I created account from Setting > Account and I gave admin access. Then I restarted the laptop, and I didn't find the new account. So I locked in to my old account. And my admin permissions have disappeared. So I went into computer management.I found a new account created that...
  8. Win 10 computer cannot access Win 7 computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 computer cannot access Win 7 computer: This was working for a while, but no longer is (as typical). I did have to reinstall the OS on the Win 10 computer, nothing changed on the Win 7 computer. The Win 7 computer shows up on the network, but if I click on it says "unable to access". Discovery in the options is...
  9. Can't access Admin acct., admin files are still there

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't access Admin acct., admin files are still there: I just transferred from Windows 7, and everything worked except for the fact that the admin account on the computer (also the superuser account) cannot be accessed. The account shows up in the Users file under the Local Disk, but I can't access it by signing out and signing...
  10. Win 10 Pro - Constant Admin access denied and problems!

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Pro - Constant Admin access denied and problems!: Win 10 Problems I’m having Constant Access is denied (and related problems…. I have googled/searched a Lot for this problem, and find most solutions suggest use “Run as Administrator” or change(manhandle ACL/premissions). Yes this sometimes provides a work around, but leads...