Windows 10: Can't access Windows Apps on second hard drive after resetting Windows 10

Discus and support Can't access Windows Apps on second hard drive after resetting Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm helping my brother deal with some tech issues and got him to reset his computer and reinstall Win10. He has a small SSD C drive that is primarily a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tasrayryn, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Tasrayryn Win User

Can't access Windows Apps on second hard drive after resetting Windows 10

I'm helping my brother deal with some tech issues and got him to reset his computer and reinstall Win10. He has a small SSD C drive that is primarily a boot drive and almost everything else on a much larger D drive. When resetting he selected to keep personal files, so only C drive was reset and D was left alone. Before resetting he had his default Windows Apps install destination as a folder on the D drive but after the reset Windows seems to think that folder belongs to another device and won't recognise anything installed there. When he tries to change where new apps are saved to use the D drive it says that "This drive has apps from another device" and that they'll have to be deleted to use that drive. Is there any way to tell Windows that the other drive is part of the same device or at least just recover what's in the WindowsApps folder before it deletes everything? Or are those apps lost now that the computer has been reset and he'll just have to reinstall everything?

:)

Tasrayryn, Oct 29, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 29, 2020
  3. KBD
    KBD Win User
    Cannot access my second hard drive in XP

I just noticed that my second hard drive dissapeared from my computer, i decided to restart the pc hoping it would reappear, it did, however i still can't access it when i try to open it i get the following message: H:\ is not accessible. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadeable. BIOS still sees it, when i restart the PC, it lists both of my hard drives and both optical drives, but i can't open it in Windows.

This was preceeded by somewhat strange behavior this morning, my PC would not boot into XP and would freeze after the Windows is loading message, i had to restart several times by pushing the restart button to log on. It was somewhat slow at first but after the next restart was back to normal, and then i noticed the missing second HD. I don't even know if its a hardware or a software issue. Can someone help me with this?

4. $immond$ Win User

Windowed Hard Drives

On the contrary, showing off "slow tech" by adding a window to a hard drive is a "dumb" idea. Do you really want to be showing off a whole "7200-10000 RPM of power" or would you rather show off a plain SSD drive? (If you really desire to "show off")

Adding any window to any drive is just stupid. I just suggested an easier option for you since manufactures don't put windows on the latest hard drives.

$immond$, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't access Windows Apps on second hard drive after resetting Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't access Apps

2. Can't Access files on hard drive windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Access files on hard drive windows 10: I have the following problem.When I reinstall Windows on a computer following a non-booting issue, I normally plug the hard drive into my other computer to backup any required data before wiping it. I then reinstall Windows on the hard drive, and then plug the hard drive back...
  3. Can't Access files on hard drive windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Access files on hard drive windows 10: I have the following problem.When I reinstall Windows on a computer following a non-booting issue, I normally plug the hard drive into my other computer to backup any required data before wiping it. I then reinstall Windows on the hard drive, and then plug the hard drive back...
  4. Can't Access files on hard drive windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't access Windows games on hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access Windows games on hard drive: I recently got a new laptop and I was using a hard drive on my old laptop with 700G of games and stuff on it. I plugged in the hard drive thinking all the games I had on it would be instantly playable, but nothing was there. I tried finding answers and I found nothing. I...
  6. Can't access Windows games on hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access Windows games on hard drive: I recently got a new laptop and I was using a hard drive on my old laptop with 700G of games and stuff on it. I plugged in the hard drive thinking all the games I had on it would be instantly playable, but nothing was there. I tried finding answers and I found nothing. I...
  7. Can't access Windows games on hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Reinstall windows with apps on second hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Reinstall windows with apps on second hard drive: Hi all, So my motherboard failed and I will be replacing it but due to the chipset change Id prefer a full reinstall. However, I have my games from the game pass installed on a second hard drive. I dont want to format this second hard drive due to the other data but I also...
  9. Can't access hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access hard drive: Hi Im running w10 on an EliteBook. Local disk drive C with a capacity of 30gb is now full. There is a second drive New Volume D with 285gb capacity but despite switching where content is saved, this doesn't happen. I have tried formatting to no avail Anyone got any ideas....
  10. Second hard drive not found after upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second hard drive not found after upgrade to Windows 10: I originally replied to a thread about this issue THREE YEARS AGO. (SEE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-hard-drive-missing-after-update-from-7-to/16582692-bff3-47a6-9371-7790aec7b2f3?page=2). That thread is now locked. As I said in my...