Windows 10: cant access windows because pin is no longer available , account connected to old phone number

Discus and support cant access windows because pin is no longer available , account connected to old phone number in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; hello, i tried formatting my laptop but my brother turned it off at 50%, when i turned it on again it said "undoing changes", then when that finished... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SamiSamardali, Jun 26, 2021.

1. cant access windows because pin is no longer available , account connected to old phone number

hello, i tried formatting my laptop but my brother turned it off at 50%, when i turned it on again it said "undoing changes", then when that finished it said that i cant sign in using pin because of the recent "security changes", the only option I'm given is " set up my pin" and when i click on that it requires me to sign in with my Microsoft account, when i enter it it says that it needs to verify my phone number, but unfortunately i don't have access to that phone number anymore, i tried changing it since i have access to my Microsoft account from another device, but now it says it needs 3

:)

SamiSamardali, Jun 26, 2021

2. Cannot remember any of my previous passwords, the phone number connected to the old account is no longer active

Original Title: Windows 10 - Microsoft Sign In

I am trying to access my settings here on my computer. I cannot remember ANY of my previous passwords, the phone number connected to the old account is no longer active, and I use a pin to sign in. I have tried to recover my password for the account directly
    connected to my computer, but I have TWICE been told that I did not provide enough information. I went through a remote session and everything.

Is there a way that I can reset the whole thing? Can I reinstall Windows 10 and just connect it to THIS account, or am I doomed to not be able to access and change my computer settings?

JAshantiSmith, Jun 26, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Facebook Connect is no longer available

Source: https://support.office.com/en-us/art...rs=en-US&ad=US

Brink, Jun 26, 2021
  4. BrianMBC Win User

cant access windows because pin is no longer available , account connected to old phone number

Trouble saving voicemail number

To access my voicemail it is my phone number, a pause and 4 digit pin.

I did the following steps:

• Turned off default voicemail number
    • Added a , (for pause) at end of my phone number
    • Added the 4 digit pin
    I get the following error message We're having trouble saving your voicemail number right now. Try again later.

Any suggestions on how to correct this?

BrianMBC, Jun 26, 2021
Thema:

cant access windows because pin is no longer available , account connected to old phone number

1. cant access windows because pin is no longer available , account connected to old phone number - Similar Threads - cant access pin

2. MFA connected to old phone number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MFA connected to old phone number: My MFA for my Microsoft account outlook, teams, ... is connected to a phone number that doesn't exist anymore. I've tried to update the phone number but I can't without Microsoft asking for the MFA. So I'm kind of stuck at the moment. I need the MFA to change the MFA, but I...
  3. MFA connected to old phone number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MFA connected to old phone number: My MFA for my Microsoft account outlook, teams, ... is connected to a phone number that doesn't exist anymore. I've tried to update the phone number but I can't without Microsoft asking for the MFA. So I'm kind of stuck at the moment. I need the MFA to change the MFA, but I...
  4. Changing Phone number to access account

Changing Phone number to access account: Need to access my sons account to change his phone number. Now stuck in a loop as the code is send to the old obsolete phone number. Pls advice. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-phone-number-to-access-account/5b7a319a-2240-41a8-9c0a-f95edd842f86
  5. Changing Phone number to access account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Phone number to access account: Need to access my sons account to change his phone number. Now stuck in a loop as the code is send to the old obsolete phone number. Pls advice. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-phone-number-to-access-account/5b7a319a-2240-41a8-9c0a-f95edd842f86
  6. Can't verify identity because phone number is old

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't verify identity because phone number is old: My wife is in Italy and when she started her laptop today she logged in with her password, and got this message: "Verify your identity" She no longer has the phone number ending on 05, and that as the only option she had, so she selected “I don’t have any of these”. Since she...
  7. Can't verify identity because phone number is old

Can't verify identity because phone number is old: My wife is in Italy and when she started her laptop today she logged in with her password, and got this message: "Verify your identity" She no longer has the phone number ending on 05, and that as the only option she had, so she selected “I don’t have any of these”. Since she...
  8. Can't verify identity because phone number is old

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. can't verify account because i no longer have the phone number

can't verify account because i no longer have the phone number: have filled out the form several time and keep getting can't verify acct. message I am unable to access my email accounts. how do I fix this?...
  10. Old phone numbers

Old phone numbers: I no longer have the phone windows keeps sending my codes to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-phone-numbers/377da396-453b-4517-bb43-36aa0be46ac4"