Windows 10: Can't Access Windows Defender.

Discus and support Can't Access Windows Defender. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey. Whenever I try to access Windows Defender, the "Security at a Glance" thing is empty and I need help. I am sorry I can't provide much more detail... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by David Cromey, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Can't Access Windows Defender.

Hey. Whenever I try to access Windows Defender, the "Security at a Glance" thing is empty and I need help. I am sorry I can't provide much more detail in this post but I will post an image of it. Can't Access Windows Defender. 57b9cb5f-78ee-4b0a-8b0f-a58b92833f34?upload=true.png

:)

David Cromey, Nov 4, 2020

2. Windows Defender automatically disabled

Hi Ahmad,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and check if the Windows Defender works.

Method 1:

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select
      Safe mode and then press Enter.

Step 2: Try to
    run the Windows Defender in safe mode

Steps:

• Press Windows key and type Windows Defender.
    • Right click on it and select Run as Administrator.
    • It may prompts you to enter the password.

Method 2: If the issue still persists, place the computer in normal mode and check for the Windows Defender services.

Step 1: Place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter
    • In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Once you are in normal mode, I suggest you to check for the
    Windows Defender services.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type services.msc and press
      Enter
    • Search for Windows Defender, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic.
    • Do the same for Windows Defender Network Inspection Service.
    • Now check if you are able to access Windows Defender.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 4, 2020
  3. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Nov 4, 2020
  4. Can't Access Windows Defender.

window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

Can't Access Windows Defender.

1. Can't Access Windows Defender. - Similar Threads - Can't Access Defender

2. i can't access microsoft windows defender...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't access microsoft windows defender...: it showing like this >>"Page not available Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information."...
  3. i can't access microsoft windows defender...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can't access microsoft windows defender...: it showing like this >>"Page not available Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information."...
  4. Can't disable Windows Defender - IT Administrator has limited access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't disable Windows Defender - IT Administrator has limited access: Hello,I cant disable Windows Defender with the local Administrator account because I got the below message. Could you please help me to solve it?...
  5. Can't disable Windows Defender - IT Administrator has limited access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't disable Windows Defender - IT Administrator has limited access: Hello,I cant disable Windows Defender with the local Administrator account because I got the below message. Could you please help me to solve it?...
  6. Can't access windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't access windows defender: When i open windows defender, it just shows a blank screen with the words "Security at a glance", and i can't do anything, like enable or disable real time protection, there's no tabs, i can't do anything at all....
  7. I can't access my windows defender (version 1909).

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't access my windows defender (version 1909).: [ATTACH] I have updated on 20H but ever since I have been using that version I have experience random freeze and lags. Even if I have done everything I could (defrag, sfc scan, chkdsk, disable startup) still it freezes for like 3-5mins. In version 1909 I don't experience...
  8. Can't access advanced settings in Windows Defender Firewall.

Can't access advanced settings in Windows Defender Firewall.: This happened after I installed a Windows update. First I couldn't turn on Firewall and I used Malwarebytes Support Tool to fix that. Then I couldn't access the advanced settings or really everything that requires administrator privilege. I have administrator privilege but...
  9. I can't access my windows defender

I can't access my windows defender: Hello, I can't open my windows defender and the message says that I have to contact with the security administrator for the program to be re activated by a team. What do i do?...
  10. No access to Windows Defender?

No access to Windows Defender?: Good day! Recently I noticed that my Windows defender was not activated. But when I pressed the Windows message, I got this message: "Page not available. Your administrator has restricted access to some areas of this app". So I can't activate Windows defender and I...