Windows 10: Can't access windows search, windows key doesn't work either. Cant click on anything in the...

Discus and support Can't access windows search, windows key doesn't work either. Cant click on anything in the... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Upon turning on my PC not a lot seems to work. as mentioned in the subject I cannot click on the windows search, I can click on it and the animation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HarryDodd1, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Can't access windows search, windows key doesn't work either. Cant click on anything in the...

Upon turning on my PC not a lot seems to work. as mentioned in the subject I cannot click on the windows search, I can click on it and the animation when i hover over it works but clicking it does nothing. also the windows key does nothing either. This is the same for task bar as well. Right clicking works on icon but upon selecting an option I want from the right click prompt window. nothing comes up. I also have an RGB keyboard which is set to one color but is now flashing an array of colors which mean that it has not saved my profile. I believe this has nothing to do with the keyboard software.

I feel a windows repair would hopefully fix this but i cannot get to the option what I can select this as the search isnt working and nothing i click opens up so am a bit stuck on what to do. Any help would be much appreciated

:)

HarryDodd1, Jul 24, 2020

2. Can't access windows search, windows key doesn't work either. Cant click on anything in the task bar

Upon turning on my PC not a lot seems to work. as mentioned in the subject I cannot click on the windows search, I can click on it and the animation when i hover over it works but clicking it does nothing. also the windows key does nothing either. This is
    the same for task bar as well. Right clicking works on icon but upon selecting an option I want from the right click prompt window. nothing comes up. I also have an RGB keyboard which is set to one color but is now flashing an array of colors which mean that
    it has not saved my profile. I believe this has nothing to do with the keyboard software.

I feel a windows repair would hopefully fix this but i cannot get to the option what I can select this as the search isnt working and nothing i click opens up so am a bit stuck on what to do. Any help would be much appreciated

HarryDodd1, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 26, 2020
  4. warup89 Win User

Can't access windows search, windows key doesn't work either. Cant click on anything in the...

Windows 7 not genuine problem

It seems like that's an OEM windows copy, it will do that the every time you reinstall the OS. If you have the key, next time you see the "not genuine windows copy" click it and choose to activate by phone, everything else is pretty straight forward as it explains step-by-step. If it doesn't work, then its highly likely that you got a Pirate copy.

warup89, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Can't access windows search, windows key doesn't work either. Cant click on anything in the...

1. Can't access windows search, windows key doesn't work either. Cant click on anything in the... - Similar Threads - Can't access search

2. Can't search in one note for windows 10 and right clicking apps in search bar doesn't work...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't search in one note for windows 10 and right clicking apps in search bar doesn't work...: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-right-click-menu-disappears-quickly/edf7b688-1fbd-4668-82c7-4e6c696c5bc0I have the exact same issue as this thread but it's gone unanswered. Any help?...
  3. Can't search in one note for windows 10 and right clicking apps in search bar doesn't work...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't search in one note for windows 10 and right clicking apps in search bar doesn't work...: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-right-click-menu-disappears-quickly/edf7b688-1fbd-4668-82c7-4e6c696c5bc0I have the exact same issue as this thread but it's gone unanswered. Any help?...
  4. Can't search in one note for windows 10 and right clicking apps in search bar doesn't work...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 unable to click on anything, glitching, cant click on search bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 unable to click on anything, glitching, cant click on search bar: I recently purchased an Asus Tuf gaming laptop and it's been running fine since I bought it. The only issue is that Windows 10 started glitching and randomly clicks on icons with windows programs sporadically like in settings, the search bar, etc. When it does this I'm unable...
  6. Can't click on anything in Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't click on anything in Windows: I just built a new PC (Asus X570 Prime P, 3900xt, gtx 1060 (soon to be 6800xt), 64gb 3600 ram, 1tb nvme ssd) and I have encountered this problem quite a few times. When I first set up my PC, whenever I would plug in a new peripheral, Windows would seem to freeze. I could...
  7. Right click not working on taskbar and can't type in search on taskbar either

Right click not working on taskbar and can't type in search on taskbar either: Hi there A few days ago, I noticed that I can no longer right click on any of the icons on my taskbar at the bottom of my screen. Normally, when I right click on things like Word or Excel, a list pops up of recently opened documents. All that happens now is that the blue...
  8. Windows 10 can't click anything

Windows 10 can't click anything: When I start up my computer and get to the desktop screen im not able to click on anything. its not my mouse problem, but whenever i try click on icons on the taskbar it will freeze and i wont be able to click on the icons on the taskbar or my desktop icons but can still...
  9. Windows Updated and not I cant click anything!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Updated and not I cant click anything!: So I booted up my computer this morning, and it updated overnight and now i can't click on anything with my mouse or my drawing tablet. i can move with both but if i want to click on something or navigate around things i have to use my touch screen which is annoying to use....
  10. Can't click on anything in windows settings menu and can't type in windows search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't click on anything in windows settings menu and can't type in windows search bar: Whenever I'm in the windows settings menus I can't select any of the linked options. Every time I try to a white box appears over one of the items in the right column. For example, a white box appears over "Turning on high contrast" when I try to click on "Change the size...