Windows 10: Can't access xternal HD, it stopped suddenly error says the parameter is incorrect.

Discus and support Can't access xternal HD, it stopped suddenly error says the parameter is incorrect. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Msoft sent a msg about an account login issue. The I couldn't access my external hard drive from either of my lap tops? The error says can't incorrect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 9608CSL, Oct 7, 2019.

1. 9608CSL Win User

Can't access xternal HD, it stopped suddenly error says the parameter is incorrect.

Msoft sent a msg about an account login issue. The I couldn't access my external hard drive from either of my lap tops? The error says can't incorrect parameters?

:)

9608CSL, Oct 7, 2019
  2. 9608CSL Win User

Can't access xternal HD, it stopped suddenly error says the parameter is incorrect.

Msoft sent a msg about an account login issue. The I couldn't access my external hard drive from either of my lap tops? The error says can't incorrect parameters?

9608CSL, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Hardrive not accessible. Parameter is incorrect

Hi Mohanmehra,

Sorry to hear about your issue.

Try the following method:

1. Plugin your device(it can be your External Hard Drive, USB etc) to your PC.
    2. Open the Command Prompt. You can press Windows Key + X command and select Command Prompt.
    3. Now, type chkdsk E: /f /r. Here, ‘E’ can be replace with the Drive Letter of your external device connected.
    4. The above steps will run CHKDSK to check and repair File System Corruption, errors, corruptions or bad sectors on your device which might be causing such error – ‘Drive Is Not Accessible. The Parameter Is Incorrect'.

Hope the above information will help you.

Good Luck!

Chris_Mathew, Oct 10, 2019
  4. ljw17 Win User

pin to quick access "parameter is incorrect"

pin to quick access has not worked in over a year. I get "parameter is incorrect." I have done all the suggests to clean and update the computer.

How do I fix this?

ljw17, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't access xternal HD, it stopped suddenly error says the parameter is incorrect. - Similar Threads - Can't access xternal

2. VSS Error 12289 - Parameter is Incorrect / Access is Denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VSS Error 12289 - Parameter is Incorrect / Access is Denied: Hello,We are seeing consistent VSS errors on one of our client servers. It is a Windows Server 2019 instance on a VM. The event ID is always 12289, and it always one of two error...
  3. Windows services says the parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows services says the parameter is incorrect: On windows services at Log On tab, I want to change the account from This account to Local System account. But windows says "the parameter is incorrect". Could you show me how to change it?...
  4. Windows services says the parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows services says the parameter is incorrect: On windows services at Log On tab, I want to change the account from This account to Local System account. But windows says "the parameter is incorrect". Could you show me how to change it?...
  5. Windows services says the parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. d drive is saying that the parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    d drive is saying that the parameter is incorrect: Hey, i got this external hard drive which has most of my games installed in it. Yesterday i tried to update a game from steam that is inside the d drive but it said something about disk write error and disk read error, so i checked what it meant and tried to fix it but no...
  7. Error: F: is not accessible. The parameter is incorrect."

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error: F: is not accessible. The parameter is incorrect.": I'm trying to fix two external hard drives from a Docking station, but I cannot get them to work at all. I have been troubleshooting for hours now, it's so frustrating. So when I plug the hard drive in I get the error, "Error: F: is not accessible. The parameter is...
  8. The parameter is incorrect error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The parameter is incorrect error: I started receiving the following error yesterday and not sure why or how to fix it. C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_18.1910.1283.0_x64_Bw...\LocalBridge.exe The Parameter is Incorrect....
  9. Error: “E: is not accessible. The parameter is incorrect.”

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error: “E: is not accessible. The parameter is incorrect.”: Hi there, When I am trying to use my external hard drive, I am getting the following error "E: is not accessible. The parameter is incorrect." I tried to run chkdsk E: /r in the command prompt as administrator, but it either says "The type of the file system is RAW. CHKDSK...
  10. E: is not accessable, the parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    E: is not accessable, the parameter is incorrect: My HP computer crashed, but before it did, I backed up my data through the blue recovery system onto a My Passport external hard drive. I have since reinstalled Windows 10 and all the HP drivers. I am trying to get the saved data back on my computer. However, when I try to...