Windows 10: Can't activate after "reset this PC"

Discus and support Can't activate after "reset this PC" in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all, I installed a new M/B and subsequently performed a reset this PC action and now my W10 won't activate. I purchased W8 several years ago and had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Maxwell, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Maxwell Win User

Can't activate after "reset this PC"

Hi all, I installed a new M/B and subsequently performed a reset this PC action and now my W10 won't activate. I purchased W8 several years ago and had been using that key. My windows is up to date (just checked) and I'm getting error 0x803f7001 about not reaching the servers. I've tried re-entering the key and tried the generic key(s). SLUI 4 will not run. And running slmgr /dlv returned no issues.

Pertinent screenshot is attached.

:)

Maxwell, Aug 20, 2017

2. " Nokia Simple " theme - where it this theme?

hi,

Some days ago on page
    http://ea.mobile.nokia.com/content/spin/ea/6120c/en/theme/index.xhtml
    or in phone (nokia 6120c) themes/general/download themes/ was very cool theme (light cream white, black fonts) " Nokia Simple ", now its dissapear from this site. Where i can get it?
    or maybe somebody has it and could send to me.

thx

szympek123, Aug 20, 2017
  3. okinawa---01, Aug 20, 2017
  4. Sven1458 Win User

I changed my MB and I called MS to re-activate.
    Was painless and takes about 15 minutes. The guy on the other end was very helpful and pleasant
    try Calling them
    Sven

Sven1458, Aug 20, 2017
  5. Maxwell Win User
    I could be wrong...but the only reference I can find to a phone number is when running activation on the device. None of the activation options or activation troubleshooter on my PC produce a result other than a dead end. Searching for a phone number online circles you back to "built in product activation features"

Edit: found this number (888) 571-2048.

First attempt, go through automated system, get the callback, wait on hold several minutes then get hung up on.

Maxwell, Aug 20, 2017
  6. Sven1458 Win User
    Try again, I got a call back.
    Maybe the hang up was an accident

Sven1458, Aug 20, 2017
  7. Maxwell Win User
    Ok, they confirmed my product key is valid but apparently I need tier 2 (my words) and need to wait until normal business hours tomorrow. Will update this week for any future googler's reference.

Maxwell, Aug 20, 2017
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Have you tried:

slmgr /ato

NavyLCDR, Aug 20, 2017
  9. cereberus Win User
    You could reinstall windows 8.1, activate it, then reupgrade to Windows 10.

Tier 2 sounds like bs to me.

cereberus, Aug 20, 2017
  10. Maxwell Win User
    Same 7001 error.

Maxwell, Aug 22, 2017
  11. Maxwell Win User
    This was the technically correct answer according to Windows support. However, after verifying my Win 8.1 key was valid they were kind enough to provide me with a new "one time" key. End total was 3 phone calls (two outbound from me and one scheduled).

Maxwell, Aug 25, 2017
  12. Superfly Win User
    I'm glad you are sorted but with digital licencing MS is creating problems...seems they are "losing" licenses but at least provide a "1-time"

Superfly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't activate after "reset this PC" - Similar Threads - Can't activate reset

2. Can't Reset PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Reset PC: So I wanted to reset my pc because I keep downloaded a lot of things and want to just reset everything because I don't have anything super important on it. Of course, it didn't work. I tried: sfc /scannow reagentc /disable reagentc /enable startup repair My System:...
  3. ''Activate windows'' after my annual pc reset.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    ''Activate windows'' after my annual pc reset.: I have had windows 10 ever since it force-updated me years ago from 8.1! What the f* is wrong with it now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-windows-after-my-annual-pc-reset/4b228436-e0d3-4460-8277-0621e29b5f0a"
  4. activation after reset

activation after reset: My lenovo laptop came with windows 8.1 installed, i upgraded to 10 some time ago. I reset windows 10 for maintenance and now its asking me to activate. But the activation screen is blank. I need to join a private network urgently and I cant until I activate. Please advise or...
  5. After upgrading my pc, can't activate windows

After upgrading my pc, can't activate windows: I have a virtual windows 10 pro license and I was using that on my desktop pc. Yesterday I've upgraded my pc with new motherboard, etc. After the operation, I couldn't activate windows, so I've gone to my Microsoft account page to remove my old pc from the list of my...
  6. Activating Windows 10 after reseting PC

Activating Windows 10 after reseting PC: A couple years ago I built my computer and bought a windows 10 key. But my SSD stopped working so I had to reset my whole computer. I no longer have the activation code and I am tired of the "Activate Windows" in the bottom right of my screen. Do I need to buy another key?...
  7. windows activation after resetting PC (motherboard change)

windows activation after resetting PC (motherboard change): Hi, I recently had to change the motherboard and I couldn't activate windows 10 with the new product key HP provided. I had to call windows for help. After an hour where I think I had to remove the old product key etc they got me to type in a sequence of characters under...
  8. Reset PC after a virus. (Now windows wont activate)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset PC after a virus. (Now windows wont activate): Basically. I have reset my PC meaning my Windows has been reinstalled. I have a good copy of Windows 10 Pro but for some reason it keeps coming up saying "You cannot connect to business account" ? Can someone explain or explain why my PC now has to be re-activated but I...
  9. Activation of windows after reset

Activation of windows after reset: I did reset my laptop last month and after reset it asked me for product key. I skipped and found that my Windows is no more activated. I changed my motherboard in June but it didn't create any issues with activation till I reset in December. I tried activation after hardware...
  10. Can't reset PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't reset PC?: What happened: AVAST updated and asked to reboot. When it rebooted I could hear the opening tones of windows 10 but nothing comes up on the screen. Tried Safemode - same result Tried system restore and all my restore points failed. Tried resetting and keeping my files -...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant activate windows after reset

2. after resetting windows i cant activate

3. i reset my pc and cant activate windows

4. windows cant activate after reset,
  5. activate windows after reset pc