Windows 10: Can't activate after "reset this PC"

Discus and support Can't activate after "reset this PC" in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all, I installed a new M/B and subsequently performed a reset this PC action and now my W10 won't activate. I purchased W8 several years ago and had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Maxwell, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Maxwell Win User

Can't activate after "reset this PC"

Hi all, I installed a new M/B and subsequently performed a reset this PC action and now my W10 won't activate. I purchased W8 several years ago and had been using that key. My windows is up to date (just checked) and I'm getting error 0x803f7001 about not reaching the servers. I've tried re-entering the key and tried the generic key(s). SLUI 4 will not run. And running slmgr /dlv returned no issues.

Pertinent screenshot is attached.

:)

Maxwell, Aug 20, 2017

2. " Nokia Simple " theme - where it this theme?

hi,

Some days ago on page
    http://ea.mobile.nokia.com/content/spin/ea/6120c/en/theme/index.xhtml
    or in phone (nokia 6120c) themes/general/download themes/ was very cool theme (light cream white, black fonts) " Nokia Simple ", now its dissapear from this site. Where i can get it?
    or maybe somebody has it and could send to me.

thx

szympek123, Aug 20, 2017
  3. okinawa---01, Aug 20, 2017
  4. Sven1458 Win User

I changed my MB and I called MS to re-activate.
    Was painless and takes about 15 minutes. The guy on the other end was very helpful and pleasant
    try Calling them
    Sven

Sven1458, Aug 20, 2017
  5. Maxwell Win User
    I could be wrong...but the only reference I can find to a phone number is when running activation on the device. None of the activation options or activation troubleshooter on my PC produce a result other than a dead end. Searching for a phone number online circles you back to "built in product activation features"

Edit: found this number (888) 571-2048.

First attempt, go through automated system, get the callback, wait on hold several minutes then get hung up on.

Maxwell, Aug 20, 2017
  6. Sven1458 Win User
    Try again, I got a call back.
    Maybe the hang up was an accident

Sven1458, Aug 20, 2017
  7. Maxwell Win User
    Ok, they confirmed my product key is valid but apparently I need tier 2 (my words) and need to wait until normal business hours tomorrow. Will update this week for any future googler's reference.

Maxwell, Aug 20, 2017
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Have you tried:

slmgr /ato

NavyLCDR, Aug 20, 2017
  9. cereberus Win User
    You could reinstall windows 8.1, activate it, then reupgrade to Windows 10.

Tier 2 sounds like bs to me.

cereberus, Aug 20, 2017
  10. Maxwell Win User
    Same 7001 error.

Maxwell, Aug 22, 2017
  11. Maxwell Win User
    This was the technically correct answer according to Windows support. However, after verifying my Win 8.1 key was valid they were kind enough to provide me with a new "one time" key. End total was 3 phone calls (two outbound from me and one scheduled).

Maxwell, Aug 25, 2017
  12. Superfly Win User
    I'm glad you are sorted but with digital licencing MS is creating problems...seems they are "losing" licenses but at least provide a "1-time"

Superfly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't activate after "reset this PC" - Similar Threads - Can't activate reset

2. Windows not activating after reset of PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not activating after reset of PC.: I bought my laptop with windows 10 and after windows 11 update I was having some issues with photo viewing, Microsoft store and other apps. So, I decided to reset my pc and reinstall windows. Then after reset as I opened settings I saw windows is not activated automatically...
  3. Windows not activating after reset of PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not activating after reset of PC.: I bought my laptop with windows 10 and after windows 11 update I was having some issues with photo viewing, Microsoft store and other apps. So, I decided to reset my pc and reinstall windows. Then after reset as I opened settings I saw windows is not activated automatically...
  4. Lost my activation after Reseting PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost my activation after Reseting PC: When i bought my laptop it was already installed and was originally Windows 10 , but i upgraded to Windows 11 for free on the settings. I needed to reset my pc because of some issue, i chose the local reinstall and keep my files, after reinstalling it did not ask for a key...
  5. Lost my activation after Reseting PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost my activation after Reseting PC: When i bought my laptop it was already installed and was originally Windows 10 , but i upgraded to Windows 11 for free on the settings. I needed to reset my pc because of some issue, i chose the local reinstall and keep my files, after reinstalling it did not ask for a key...
  6. Activate issues after PC reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate issues after PC reset: I want to preface this by saying that I've been trying to reach out to Microsoft support for an hour now, only to find out that you can't actually chat or speak to a live agent and that you have to depend on kb articles and community posts to get a Microsoft issue resolved....
  7. Windows 10 activation after reset PC

Windows 10 activation after reset PC: So I have a motile laptop, and windows 10 comes pre-installed on it. after I reset the laptop it said; “we can’t activate Windows on this device because you don’t have a valid digital license or product key. If you think you do have a valid license or key, select troubleshoot...
  8. I can't activate windows after resetting PC. Windows 10 Home

I can't activate windows after resetting PC. Windows 10 Home: I have been trying to activate windows but I can't seem to do that, I tried to use the trouble-shooter and this is what came back. [ATTACH] The trouble shooter says this even though I have perfectly fine connection....
  9. Issues with activation after resetting PC

Issues with activation after resetting PC: Good Afternoon, I was running Windows Updates on Surface Pro 6 running Windows 10 Pro. For whatever reason the Updates hung up and as a last resort I booted in Safe Mode and ran the Reset this PC. After the reset ran and Windows reloaded I now see that I am running a...
  10. Activating Windows 10 after reseting PC

Activating Windows 10 after reseting PC: A couple years ago I built my computer and bought a windows 10 key. But my SSD stopped working so I had to reset my whole computer. I no longer have the activation code and I am tired of the "Activate Windows" in the bottom right of my screen. Do I need to buy another key?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant activate windows 10 after reset

2. cant activate windows after reset

3. cant activate wimdows 10 after reseting pc

4. after resetting windows i cant activate,
  5. i reset my pc and cant activate windows,
  6. windows cant activate after reset,
  7. activate windows after reset pc