Windows 10: Can't activate after upgrading from 10 Home to Pro

Discus and support Can't activate after upgrading from 10 Home to Pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have just bought a new Asus VivoBook laptop with Windows 10 Home. I followed the upgrade path and ordered and paid for an upgrade to Pro, but I now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MikeTurner8, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Can't activate after upgrading from 10 Home to Pro

I have just bought a new Asus VivoBook laptop with Windows 10 Home. I followed the upgrade path and ordered and paid for an upgrade to Pro, but I now get 0x803F7001 error and it won't activate. It also says that I am now on Windows 10 Enterprise.

I am in the UK.

What can I do?

:)

MikeTurner8, Apr 7, 2019

2. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 7, 2019
  3. Cant get Win 10 to upgrade to Pro after HD failure

Hi Christopher,

You can upgrade your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro by using Windows 10 Pro digital license or product key. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Did your device came with Windows 8 pre-installed?
    • What is the make and model of your Windows device?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article to

upgrade your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

In case that you'll experience an activation issue, we recommend that you follow the steps on this article:

Using the Activation troubleshooter
    . Choose the method that fits to your situation.

We will look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Apr 7, 2019
  4. Can't activate after upgrading from 10 Home to Pro

Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

This is what I used

"

Follow these steps to upgrade from Windows 10 Home if you have a Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8 Pro Pack, Windows 8.1 Pro, or Windows 8.1 Pro Pack product key:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings >
      Update & security
      > Activation.
    • Select Change product key, and then enter this 25-character default product key:

VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

Important

This default product key will upgrade your device to Windows 10 Pro, but won't activate it.

• Select Next to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.
    • After your device is upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, you'll need to activate Windows. Select the Start button, then select
      Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Change product key, and then enter your 25-character Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8 Pro Pack, Windows 8.1 Pro, or Windows 8.1 Pro Pack product key.
    • Select Next to activate Windows 10 Pro.
    "

GrahameBarclay, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

Can't activate after upgrading from 10 Home to Pro

1. Can't activate after upgrading from 10 Home to Pro - Similar Threads - Can't activate upgrading

2. Activation Failure after upgrade from Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation Failure after upgrade from Home to Pro: Complex situation:A corporate PC is on its 3rd userIt was originally an OEM machine running Windows 10 HomeIt looks like it was originally set up with a Microsoft account say *** Email address is removed for privacy *** on its 3rd user the same account is still used to sign...
  3. Can't activate or upgrade Windows 10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't activate or upgrade Windows 10 home to pro: I just installed Windows 10 home. Then found out my key is for Win 10 Pro. Tried to activate it but always get the 0xC004F050 error. It is a Windows Pro retail code so it should work, right? Tried the workaround with the default code VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T to upgrade...
  4. Windows 10 Upgrade from Home to Pro and Activation

Windows 10 Upgrade from Home to Pro and Activation: Hi, If I upgrade my Windows 10 license from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro will Windows 10 Pro be the version that is activated on machines that I install from then on, like Windows 10 Home is now, or will it only be valid for one machine Windows 10 Pro and the rest will...
  5. Can't upgrade from home to pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't upgrade from home to pro: Someone I know needed a new laptop. I bought one cloned the ssd to a new one and after that I put it back together. The old laptop had windows 10 home with a digital license installed. The new one came with a windows 7 pro key on a sticker. I tried changing the key to the...
  6. Can't activate Windows 10 after upgrade from Home to Pro

Can't activate Windows 10 after upgrade from Home to Pro: I have been using Windows 10 Home Single Language. It was pre-installed on my laptop. Then I upgraded to build 19041.1 from Slow ring. After that I purchased an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro through Microsoft Store. Now the systems tells that it is "Windows 10 Enterprise"...
  7. After baying upgrade and upgrading to windows 10 pro from windows 10 home I can't activate...

After baying upgrade and upgrading to windows 10 pro from windows 10 home I can't activate...: After baying upgrade and upgrading to windows 10 pro from windows 10 home I can't activate windows. Both keys were bought from the Microsoft store. In my Microsoft store account I have product key only for windows home. My order for windows pro is done but I don't have any...
  8. Windows 10 no longer activates after upgrade from home to pro

Windows 10 no longer activates after upgrade from home to pro: Hi, I am writing in hope that somebody from Microsoft is able to help me with this. I have tried the regular support channels, and my experience has unfortunately been as bad as it gets. So the problem is that I upgraded my ~2 years old hp spectre laptop from Windows 10...
  9. Can't activate Windows 10 Pro after purchasing upgrade from Windows 10 Home

Can't activate Windows 10 Pro after purchasing upgrade from Windows 10 Home: Bought a Windows 10 Pro upgrade, but Windows won't activate as now it believes it has Windows 10 Enterprise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-activate-windows-10-pro-after-purchasing/82bcb310-2b38-49b4-a885-b7e6098b09eb"
  10. Can't upgrade from Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't upgrade from Home to Pro: I purchased Windows Pro OEM back in 2016. Now with build 17758.1 it won't let me upgrade from home to pro! It says that I don't have a valid digital license or product key. How can I get it to let me upgrade to pro? Thanks....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can you activate windows 10 pro after upgrading from home