Windows 10: cant activate bitlocker!

Discus and support cant activate bitlocker! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So i have 2 devices both windows 10 home one seems to have bit-locker already active and the other dosent. I cant even find bit-locker on either... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mohammad Karime, Jan 25, 2019.

1. cant activate bitlocker!

So i have 2 devices both windows 10 home one seems to have bit-locker already active and the other dosent. I cant even find bit-locker on either devices how do i fix this? also strangely enough Microsoft says that devices serial number is "Unknown" which is also weird.

Someone please help me with this

:)

Mohammad Karime, Jan 25, 2019
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Jan 25, 2019
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Jan 25, 2019
  4. cant activate bitlocker!

BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

cant activate bitlocker!

1. cant activate bitlocker! - Similar Threads - cant activate bitlocker

2. Bitlocker automatically activated....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker automatically activated....: Today I turned on my computer to a blue screen asking for my bitlocker recovery key... this is the first I have ever heard of bitlocker. I accessed my microsoft account with a recovery key not saved there and I was without memory of ever activating the bitlocker. It is a...
  3. BitLocker activated on it's own

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker activated on it's own: Hi ,Overall, I am having a Bitlocker recovery screen and I don't have that key, I have never created the key. In other words I do not have in any place, Microsoft/OneDrive account, on a printout I saved, on a USB flash drive, in an Azure Active Directory, held by a system...
  4. Bitlocker automatically activated

Bitlocker automatically activated: Dears Now I have an issue with my laptop yesterday it was working fine today asking for a Bitlocker key checked in my email and Microsoft account nothing how I can open my windows now I have important doc, please help me without losing data...
  5. Unable to activate BitLocker

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to activate BitLocker: I run into this problem. I deactivated BitLocker to upgrade the bios on my notebook in order to fix a bug. Now my computer works fine, but I can't reactivate BitLocker. I can't copy the error but it said something about a missing TMP compatible I've no idea what that is. I...
  6. Bypass for activating bitlocker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bypass for activating bitlocker: Hi everyone, It may be a stupid question but i got a surface pro7 and microsoft thought it was a good idea to remove windows PRO from surface PRO and i need to connect a microsoft account to enable bitlocker on it. Is there any way to bypass this connection? Thank you in...
  7. How to activate Bitlocker

How to activate Bitlocker: Split from this thread. Encryption, bit locker, I have windows 10. have installed office, looking everywhere for how to get it going as it claims it can take over an hour, but mainly just needing the additional protection asap!! How do activate/turn on bitlocker??? Thank...
  8. How to activate Bitlocker

How to activate Bitlocker: Split from this thread. Encryption, bit locker, I have windows 10. have installed office, looking everywhere for how to get it going as it claims it can take over an hour, but mainly just needing the additional protection asap!! How do activate/turn on bitlocker??? Thank...
  9. Cant find the Bitlocker key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant find the Bitlocker key: I was trying to install the new drivers on my Dell xps 15 9570 (i9, 1tb, 32RAM etc) and It asked me to restart the PC and I did so, but I forgot that the other drivers were installing and when it tried to boot back up it went into boot loop. I tried almost all the methods,...
  10. BitLocker is activated

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BitLocker is activated: My laptop demand a Bit Locker key. The issue is I has never set up Bitlocker on my devices. I saw this issue after the last Windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-is-activated/8395d0c1-16a8-4e9d-9f5f-d2da48d277ff

Users found this page by searching for:

1. activate bitlocker cant see amd