Windows 10: Can't Activate. Can I downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Home without reinstall?

Discus and support Can't Activate. Can I downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Home without reinstall? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had some hardware issues and had to completely clear my hard drives, clean the disks, etc. I used an install disk for Windows 10. Apparently, I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by citizen.spark, May 18, 2020.

1. Can't Activate. Can I downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Home without reinstall?

I had some hardware issues and had to completely clear my hard drives, clean the disks, etc. I used an install disk for Windows 10. Apparently, I had forgotten which version I used to have and chose the Windows 10 Pro version. That was apparently wrong, as I was trying to figure things out with the Troubleshooting Assistant. They had me sign in to my Microsoft account and after checking, they said that I previously had the Windows 10 Home version.

Long story summed up, is there any other way to fix this? I don't mind using my entitled previously owned version, but do I **HAVE** to re-install everything?? I guess my biggest question is, is there an app I can do this through? And if not, what is the best way to perform that task???

Thanks in advance for your help!

- Jessica

:)

citizen.spark, May 18, 2020

2. Downgrade Windows 10 enterprise to Pro

Hi Sumit,

Thanks for your quick response and help, But I was told that if I inserted the Windows 10 Pro product key into the activation section it will be downgraded automatically like the following steps:

1. Open the Settings app and click Update & Security.
    2. Open Activation and click Change product key.
    3. Enter your Windows 10 Professional product key and click Next.
    4. Restart the computer after the new product key is activated.
    Can this be helpful ?

Ahmed Samir_959, May 18, 2020
  3. windows 10 ESD downgrade to windows 7 pro

Your question is very confusing.

So you have a software download of Windows 10 Pro with no product key.

Is that correct?

Then you say:

1. I dont wanna use windows 10, i need use windwos 7 pro

2. need a purchase license only windows 10 pro

3. how i can activate this license key(windows 10 pro ESD) on my PC with windows 7 pro?

4. I dont wanna use windows 10, i need use windwos 7 pro

If you already have Windows 7 why download Windows 10 Pro if you don't want to use Windows 10 Pro??

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

If by some chance you mean that you bought Windows 10 Pro and you want to downgrade it for free to Windows 7 Pro, you can't.

Windows 10 Pro had to be a preinstalled OEM license.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Here is the information about Downgrade rights. It is an old Microsoft link which they removed but the information still apples>

Device Partner Center

Downgrade rights for Windows software
    The following OEM versions of Windows software are eligible for downgrade rights.

[table][tr][td]Windows 10 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 8.1 Pro
    • Windows 7 Professional
    [/td][td]Windows 8.1 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • Windows Vista Business
    [/td][td]Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate include downgrade rights to:
    • Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate
    • Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, or Windows XP x64 Edition
    Note Other OEM Windows 7 versions (for example, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium) do not include downgrade rights.[/td][/tr][/table]

Note downgrade rights are only available as long as Microsoft provides support for that earlier version,
    as outlined in the
    Windows lifecycle fact sheet

Steps for an end user to downgrade Windows software

To downgrade eligible Windows software, end users must:

• Purchase a PC preinstalled with Windows software.
    • Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
    • Perform the downgrade process to the eligible downgrade product using the media/key from a genuine, previously licensed OEM or retail product.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Bill Smithers, May 18, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Can't Activate. Can I downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Home without reinstall?

Usable Product Keys for Enterprise downgrade to Pro

Hello wetenhr, and welcome to Ten Forums. Can't Activate. Can I downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Home without reinstall? :)

You could downgrade to Windows 10 Pro using the generic key under step 1. You'll still be using the same version that you currently have installed, but you will be able to update to the latest version and build via Windows Update.

When it's finished downgrading, you could try to activate Windows 10 Pro with your Windows 7 Pro or Ultimate key. If unsuccessful, you may need to purchase a Windows 10 Pro key from the Store to use to activate with.

Brink, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Can't Activate. Can I downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Home without reinstall?

1. Can't Activate. Can I downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Home without reinstall? - Similar Threads - Can't Activate downgrade

2. Can I downgrade from windows 10 pro to home without a clean wipe of windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I downgrade from windows 10 pro to home without a clean wipe of windows?: I recently bought a cracked version of windows 10 pro but for security reasons I want to get an official license from the Microsoft store. The one I am going to buy is the windows 10 home one. So is it possible to downgrade?...
  3. Can I downgrade from windows 10 pro to home without a clean wipe of windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I downgrade from windows 10 pro to home without a clean wipe of windows?: I recently bought a cracked version of windows 10 pro but for security reasons I want to get an official license from the Microsoft store. The one I am going to buy is the windows 10 home one. So is it possible to downgrade?...
  4. Can I downgrade from windows 10 pro to home without a clean wipe of windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can i downgrade from windows 10 pro to home?

Can i downgrade from windows 10 pro to home?: Hello guys, i have a laptop with a OEM windowsHome version installed on it, my hard drive gone and i must replace new hard drive, but i accidentally installed new windowsPro version- not activate. I have a few questions:1: Is there any way to downgrade from windows 10 pro to...
  6. How Can I Install Windows 10 Pro From Home Without Key Or Reinstalling?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How Can I Install Windows 10 Pro From Home Without Key Or Reinstalling?: I know this won't activate but I need it for evaluation. The generic keys don't activate. What else can I try? submitted by /u/nan123721 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k5w2qa/how_can_i_install_windows_10_pro_from_home/
  7. How can I downgrade from windows 10 pro to home

How can I downgrade from windows 10 pro to home: Actually I have upgraded from windows 10 Home SL to Pro. So if I try to downgrade, the registry editor is not working. Please can the community help me with this issue?...
  8. Can't Activate. Can I downgrade from Pro to Home without reinstall?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't Activate. Can I downgrade from Pro to Home without reinstall?: I had some hardware issues and had to completely clear my hard drives, clean the disks, etc. I used an install disk for Windows 10. Apparently, I had forgotten which version I used to have and chose the Windows 10 Pro version. That was apparently wrong, as I was trying to...
  9. Can't activate Windows 10 Pro when Windows 10 Home was not activated. Can't reinstall Home...

Can't activate Windows 10 Pro when Windows 10 Home was not activated. Can't reinstall Home...: I bought Windows 10 Home from the Microsoft store, installed and used it, then wanted more features so I bought and upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. For some reason, my system is showing Windows 10 Enterprise. I can't activate the Home or Pro version and I can't downgrade....
  10. Downgrading Windows 10 Edition from Pro to Home without reinstalling?

Downgrading Windows 10 Edition from Pro to Home without reinstalling?: I've been looking for it for a couple of weeks, but couldn't find any answer. I'm really sorry if it's been explained already on these forums, but I haven't found it. My question is straightforward: is it possible to downgrade an edition from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. downgrade from windows 10 pro to home