Windows 10: Can't activate Cortana

Discus and support Can't activate Cortana in Cortana to solve the problem; I have a new PC: Windows 10 Home, version 10.0.17134, build 17134 When I got it I disabled the locations & Permissions for several apps, including... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by DeniseOR, Jan 29, 2019.

1. DeniseOR Win User

Can't activate Cortana

I have a new PC:

Windows 10 Home, version 10.0.17134, build 17134

When I got it I disabled the locations & Permissions for several apps, including Cortana. I did go into Locations & Permissions and turn her back on. Rebooted, still no help.

Now I can't seem to get her to work and would like to now that I've learned a few things. I guess it's a her, but be nice to have a sexy, voiced guyCan't activate Cortana ;)

Ok, Cortana is in my Start Menu List, and I can click on it. It opens another window but it's not the Cortana "dash board" or whatever it's called to set her up. Here are a couple of screenshots of all I get, thank you in advance for any instruction on how to get her working again:

Can't activate Cortana 55207aff-3e87-4702-97dc-abae6196f28b?upload=true.png

Can't activate Cortana 124dfdcb-23ae-4eec-a3c6-9e8c4590f00e?upload=true.png

:)

DeniseOR, Jan 29, 2019

2. cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Windows 10 recognized my microphone and works, but Cortana doesn't activates

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with Cortana, let me assist you.

To assist you better, kindly write back to us with the following information.

• Have you installed all the pending updated?

• Which build of Windows 10 is running in your system?

• What is the make and model of your system?

As an initial step of troubleshooting, I suggest you to
    Turn off the Cortana
    and then Turn on and check if the issue is resolved.

I suggest you to install all the pending updates (if any) and check if the issue is resolved.

Follow the steps below to check for the pending updates.

• Press Windows key + I key and click on
      Update & security Windows Update.

• Click on Check for updates.

• Install the pending updates (if any).

If the issue is unresolved, refer to the below article on
    Reasons Cortana doesn't talk to me and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...73d1e63b0e/reasons-cortana-doesn-t-talk-to-me

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further information on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Jan 29, 2019
  4. Dewdrop_ Win User

Can't activate Cortana

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

Can't activate Cortana

1. Can't activate Cortana - Similar Threads - Can't activate Cortana

2. How to active Cortana

in Cortana
    How to active Cortana: I dont know how to active cortana. I set region is United State and language is EnglishThis is screenshotThanks for help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-active-cortana/055bce8c-f546-4277-8032-c8b65bcd4e51
  3. Voice Activation in Cortana

in Cortana
    Voice Activation in Cortana: is voice activation in Cortana still un available. [Original Title: Cortana] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-activation-in-cortana/2629accf-8014-4ed4-8543-ad46aa88dc27
  4. Cortana voice activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cortana voice activation: Hi, I have Windows 10 Home, no voice activation for Cortana, how do I upgrade to that version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-voice-activation/99ca1c46-d378-4fb2-8f00-25c549503ede
  5. Cortana Voice Activation

in Cortana
    Cortana Voice Activation: My windows build is 19041.504 I just updated to windows 10 2004 and cortana voice activation is unavalabile, and it s says that it will be avalabile in the future updates. My language is on US and i saw on youtube that this problem was fixed in 19041.329 build, but for me...
  6. how to activate cortana voice activation

in Cortana
    how to activate cortana voice activation: how to activate cortana voice activation * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title: cortana releted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-activate-cortana-voice-activation/f74cc3af-2f0d-4fce-9ff9-ad24025fa245
  7. Cortana voice activation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana voice activation: Hi guys, I am trying to activate cortana by saying "cortana" is not working, mic is ok, permission is given, other than this cortana is fully functioning, but when i am saying "cortana" it did nothing. If someone knows about this problem please help. submitted by...
  8. Not activating Cortana by not registering?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not activating Cortana by not registering?: Morning tsm. Wants to decativate Cortana because deleting is not recommended or almost impossible. When I open Cortana, it means that I have to register to start Cortana. Is it enough that I simply do not register so that Cortana is not used/activated? Lg Cortana nicht...
  9. Cortana Activation Bug

in Cortana
    Cortana Activation Bug: About once a day, Cortana will activate on her own and pull up the full screen mode. This is getting obnoxious. My mic isn't even turned on when this happens, I wear headphones and there is absolutely no background noise. This needs to be fixed!...
  10. Activating Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activating Cortana: Ok..I originally signed into Cortana with a gmail account (not microsoft account). I need to sign in with my outlook account however, now I cannot change the email account in Cortana. How can I change the email I use to sign into Cortana? I cannot find any options that allow...