Windows 10: Can't Activate my win 10 after hardware upgrade

Discus and support Can't Activate my win 10 after hardware upgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I just updated my motherboard, CPU and RAM my windows 10 Home got deactivated as expected so I followed the suggested solution in other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AbdullahSaddoon, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Can't Activate my win 10 after hardware upgrade

Hello,
    I just updated my motherboard, CPU and RAM

my windows 10 Home got deactivated as expected

so I followed the suggested solution in other posts by going to Settings>>Update&security>>Activation>>troubleshoot>>clicked "I have changed my hardware..">>selected my PC then clicked activate I get this error

"We can’t activate your copy of Windows as the digital license for this device has already been used to reactivate Windows"

:)

AbdullahSaddoon, Aug 31, 2020
  2. lse123 Win User

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Aug 31, 2020
  3. is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but
    the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool says all ok and continued ok... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all ok for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?

and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)

is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

Lse123polis, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Amberoth Win User

Can't Activate my win 10 after hardware upgrade

WIN 10 Activation after hardware upgrade

Ok,

So this might be a little odd. i was one of the users who did the windows 7 to 10 free upgrade, fast forward a couple years to now, i recently did a hardware upgrade and went through the steps of going through the setting and activating from my account.
    i received an error saying windows could not be activated at this time. when i called customer support they said i needed my old win 7 key (which has since been lost to the wind in a move). or i have to buy a whole new copy of windows again. this will be the
    third time i will have had to buy windows for the same machine. Is there anyway to force my activation or retrieve my old win 7 key?

Amberoth, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

Can't Activate my win 10 after hardware upgrade

1. Can't Activate my win 10 after hardware upgrade - Similar Threads - Can't Activate hardware

2. Can't activate Win 11 after replacing Hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate Win 11 after replacing Hardware: Hi.I bought a Windows 8 Pro from Microsoft a few years ago.This was installed on a self built PC and upgraded to Windows 10 later. Activation went ok.I then upgraded my PC to a new built end of 2021. I used the installed woindows by booting from the SSD drive I did not...
  3. Can't activate Win 11 after replacing Hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't activate Win 11 after replacing Hardware: Hi.I bought a Windows 8 Pro from Microsoft a few years ago.This was installed on a self built PC and upgraded to Windows 10 later. Activation went ok.I then upgraded my PC to a new built end of 2021. I used the installed woindows by booting from the SSD drive I did not...
  4. Win 10 Activation After Hardware Change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Activation After Hardware Change: I switched my hard drive for one of those new shiny SSDs. Little did I know that MS needs to be informed before such a change. Now windows is no longer activated and won't reactivate through my account. I do I get windows activated again? Nothing I've seen on the web pages...
  5. Can't activate Win 10 after hardware change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't activate Win 10 after hardware change: After recent hardware and a HWID Spoofer I'm getting the water mark to activate windows but when i brought the like 6-7 years ago It already had Win 10 installed on it, so I don't have the key with me. I'm at a lose and not sure what to do....
  6. Activating after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating after hardware upgrade: I know NOW that i should have linked my license to my Microsoft account and gotten a product key. I didn't know that before I changed my motherboard, cpu and memory. My question is, if I now change back to my old hardware, will Windows be activated again and can I then do...
  7. Activation after hardware upgrade

Activation after hardware upgrade: I upgraded my MB, cpu and ram and am unable to activate windows 10. I linked my windows licence to my Microsoft account before my upgrade but it will not let me activate. I've tried trouble shooting activation (clicking on changed hardware) and customer support, but they...
  8. Can't activate Windows after hardware upgrade

Can't activate Windows after hardware upgrade: Hi folks, I recently upgraded my mobo and cpu (and others) and I have an Activate Windows message at the bottom right of my screen. So, I went to the Activation tab in Settings and I get the following message: We can't activate Windows on this device because the product...
  9. Can't Activate Windows 10 after upgrading hardware

Can't Activate Windows 10 after upgrading hardware: Hello, My PC had a fatal crash so I replaced the Motherboard, CPU and Memory. I've tried the activate after changing hardware process many times and it says try later, which I have. I get the option to choose the previous PC name to activate from but it returns the answer,...
  10. Activation after hardware upgrade

Activation after hardware upgrade: Just a quick question please, is there any way of reactivating a digital entitlement license obtained by upgrading from Win7 for free, on upgraded hardware, without having to link a MS account? Privacy issues and all that...I know phone activation worked for me with Win7 once...