Windows 10: Can't Activate My Win10 Pro License On New Machine

Discus and support Can't Activate My Win10 Pro License On New Machine in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all, I just created a clean installation of Win10 Pro on a new PC system. I attempted to use my license key, which worked just fine on my old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JayBlackthorne, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Can't Activate My Win10 Pro License On New Machine

Hi all,

I just created a clean installation of Win10 Pro on a new PC system. I attempted to use my license key, which worked just fine on my old system a few days ago. I had anticipated it would work here, too.

But as I understand it from the help pages, a license key won't activate after a big hardware change. I can't find a way of circumventing this.

Is there really no way to get my existing key working on my new machine?

I wouldn't mind if this would mean the key wouldn't work on my old machine anymore.

The error code it gives me is 0x803FA067. Oddly enough, this particular error code doesn't seem to have anything to do with hardware changes.

Not sure what's going on here. Anybody know how to activate?

Sincerely,

Jay

:)

JayBlackthorne, Jan 18, 2020
  2. Nick__A Win User

Move retail Win10 Pro license onto a different already activated machine

I have 2 machines each running Windows 10, an old laptop and a new desktop. Both are activated with digital licenses linked to my Microsoft account. The desktop has an OEM Windows installation of Win10 Home, the laptop has a retail copy of Win10 Pro (determined
    using slmgr dli in cmd.exe).

The outputs of slmgr-dli on each machine:

Desktop:

Name: Windows(R), Core edition

Description: Windows(R) Operating System, OEM_COA_NSLP channel

Partial Product Key: <omitted>

License Status: Licensed

Laptop:

Name: Windows(R), Professional edition

Description: Windows(R) Operating System, RETAIL channel

Partial Product Key: <omitted>

License Status: Licensed

I'd like to retire the laptop, it's old and no longer used (for an idea of how unused it is, it's currently on update 1709 as it hasn't been turned on in about 2 years). Because of this I'd like to deactivate my retail
    Win10 Pro license on my laptop, and replace my OEM license on the desktop with said Win10 Pro license.

Is this possible? If so, how?

Nick__A, Jan 18, 2020
  3. Running activated Win10 on a new machine

My desktop is running a genuine Win7 Pro N retail. Can somebody tell me what happens if I upgrade to Win10 Pro on my old machine and later get a new one? Will I be able to install activated Win10 directly on my new machine, or will I have to reinstall
    Win7 and upgrade again to Win10? Or do something else? I'm not sure will I loose my licence if I buy a new computor, although it's a retail version? Thanks.

DragoŠtajduhar, Jan 18, 2020
  4. Can't Activate My Win10 Pro License On New Machine

Andre Da Costa, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

Can't Activate My Win10 Pro License On New Machine

1. Can't Activate My Win10 Pro License On New Machine - Similar Threads - Can't Activate Win10

2. Unable to activate windows digital license, new machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate windows digital license, new machine: HiI built a PC a few years ago and purchased a Windows 10 digital license through the Microsoft store. Recently I managed to spill a glass of water on the machine and it will no longer boot.I rebuilt a new PC and wish to transfer the license over from the old PC to the new...
  3. Can't activate Windows Pro license

Can't activate Windows Pro license: I bought Windows 10 pro edition on 2016 at Microsoft Store. All good until now that I have changed my motherboard and I can't install it. I apply the troubleshoot and I follow the instructions, just to find that there is an error. If I hit on Learn More it brings me to the...
  4. Can't activate Windows Pro license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate Windows Pro license: I bought Windows 10 pro edition on 2016 at Microsoft Store. All good until now that I have changed my motherboard and I can't install it. I apply the troubleshoot and I follow the instructions, just to find that there is an error. If I hit on Learn More it brings me to the...
  5. Can't activate Windows Pro license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. New license but can't activate?

New license but can't activate?: Hi all,Just bought a new license on Microsoft, Windows 10 Home, for my new computer but error occured "The product key you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one. 0xc004f050.Can anyone help me?Thanks....
  7. New license but can't activate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New license but can't activate?: Hi all,Just bought a new license on Microsoft, Windows 10 Home, for my new computer but error occured "The product key you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one. 0xc004f050.Can anyone help me?Thanks....
  8. New license but can't activate?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Windows 10 Pro License -- transferring it to a new machine

Windows 10 Pro License -- transferring it to a new machine: hi Some years ago, I purchased a Surface Pro 4 (SP4). Then upgraded from the Home edition to the Pro edition through the Activation settings. Now I got a new device with Windows 10 Home, and want to sell the SP4. How can I remove my Windows 10 Pro license from the SP4 and...
  10. Move retail Win10 Pro license onto a different already activated machine

Move retail Win10 Pro license onto a different already activated machine: I have 2 machines each running Windows 10, an old laptop and a new desktop. Both are activated with digital licenses linked to my Microsoft account. The desktop has an OEM Windows installation of Win10 Home, the laptop has a retail copy of Win10 Pro determined using slmgr dli...