Windows 10: Can't Activate My Win10 Pro License On New Machine

Discus and support Can't Activate My Win10 Pro License On New Machine in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all, I just created a clean installation of Win10 Pro on a new PC system. I attempted to use my license key, which worked just fine on my old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JayBlackthorne, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Can't Activate My Win10 Pro License On New Machine

Hi all,

I just created a clean installation of Win10 Pro on a new PC system. I attempted to use my license key, which worked just fine on my old system a few days ago. I had anticipated it would work here, too.

But as I understand it from the help pages, a license key won't activate after a big hardware change. I can't find a way of circumventing this.

Is there really no way to get my existing key working on my new machine?

I wouldn't mind if this would mean the key wouldn't work on my old machine anymore.

The error code it gives me is 0x803FA067. Oddly enough, this particular error code doesn't seem to have anything to do with hardware changes.

Not sure what's going on here. Anybody know how to activate?

Sincerely,

Jay

:)

JayBlackthorne, Jan 18, 2020
  2. Nick__A Win User

Move retail Win10 Pro license onto a different already activated machine

I have 2 machines each running Windows 10, an old laptop and a new desktop. Both are activated with digital licenses linked to my Microsoft account. The desktop has an OEM Windows installation of Win10 Home, the laptop has a retail copy of Win10 Pro (determined
    using slmgr dli in cmd.exe).

The outputs of slmgr-dli on each machine:

Desktop:

Name: Windows(R), Core edition

Description: Windows(R) Operating System, OEM_COA_NSLP channel

Partial Product Key: <omitted>

License Status: Licensed

Laptop:

Name: Windows(R), Professional edition

Description: Windows(R) Operating System, RETAIL channel

Partial Product Key: <omitted>

License Status: Licensed

I'd like to retire the laptop, it's old and no longer used (for an idea of how unused it is, it's currently on update 1709 as it hasn't been turned on in about 2 years). Because of this I'd like to deactivate my retail
    Win10 Pro license on my laptop, and replace my OEM license on the desktop with said Win10 Pro license.

Is this possible? If so, how?

Nick__A, Jan 18, 2020
  3. Running activated Win10 on a new machine

My desktop is running a genuine Win7 Pro N retail. Can somebody tell me what happens if I upgrade to Win10 Pro on my old machine and later get a new one? Will I be able to install activated Win10 directly on my new machine, or will I have to reinstall
    Win7 and upgrade again to Win10? Or do something else? I'm not sure will I loose my licence if I buy a new computor, although it's a retail version? Thanks.

DragoŠtajduhar, Jan 18, 2020
  4. Can't Activate My Win10 Pro License On New Machine

Andre Da Costa, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

Can't Activate My Win10 Pro License On New Machine

1. Can't Activate My Win10 Pro License On New Machine - Similar Threads - Can't Activate Win10

2. Windows 10 Pro License -- transferring it to a new machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro License -- transferring it to a new machine: hi Some years ago, I purchased a Surface Pro 4 (SP4). Then upgraded from the Home edition to the Pro edition through the Activation settings. Now I got a new device with Windows 10 Home, and want to sell the SP4. How can I remove my Windows 10 Pro license from the SP4 and...
  3. Transferring Win10 Pro digital license to new PC

Transferring Win10 Pro digital license to new PC: I have just built a new PC and I want to transfer my Windows 10 Pro digital licence from my old one. I checked the licence with command slmgr -dli, and it is in the RETAIL channel, so should be transferrable. Following instructions on various posts, I removed my licence...
  4. Windows 10 Pro, Activating on a new Machine

Windows 10 Pro, Activating on a new Machine: I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 10 Home pre-installed. My old laptop was upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and I subsequently paid to upgrade to Win 10 Pro. I'd like to use Win 10 pro on the new machine and revert to Win 10 Home on the old. Is this...
  5. How to move/transfer my win10 pro licence to a new machine

How to move/transfer my win10 pro licence to a new machine: My HTPC fan broke the other day. Machine overheated. Unable to fix so need to buy a new PC. The HTPC had Win10 pro installed via upgrade from Win8 some years ago. Is it possible to transfer licence to new PC? Thx...
  6. Installing Win10 on new machine

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Win10 on new machine: Hey everyone, I'm selling a PC and am looking to install Windows on it for the new user. I have my own system with an ISO for Windows 10, as well as a blank 1TB hard drive intended for the PC being sold. I'm not entirely sure how to install the ISO on the blank hard drive so...
  7. Move retail Win10 Pro license onto a different already activated machine

Move retail Win10 Pro license onto a different already activated machine: I have 2 machines each running Windows 10, an old laptop and a new desktop. Both are activated with digital licenses linked to my Microsoft account. The desktop has an OEM Windows installation of Win10 Home, the laptop has a retail copy of Win10 Pro determined using slmgr dli...
  8. Moving Win10 License to a new machine - To UN-install or not? Help

Moving Win10 License to a new machine - To UN-install or not? Help: Hi, I have an HP system which has Windows 10 home pre-installed. The computer is registered with my Microsoft account. My goal is to move it to another instance of Windows 10 home on a VirtualBox machine. I have registered both computers with my microsoft account (both...
  9. New Machine can't activate Windows 10

New Machine can't activate Windows 10: Hi, I just built a new machine and I am trying to activate Windows 10. So new motherboard, hard drive, everything except power supply, video card and case is new. My old machine (now in part to be sold or given to my kids) was originally Windows 7 upgraded for free to...
  10. Retail Win8 upgraded to Win10: Use the license on a new machine in the

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Retail Win8 upgraded to Win10: Use the license on a new machine in the: I'm wondering how to use my migrated Win8 Retail license on my next machine. It will be a few years from now and well past the free upgrade offer. I've used Showkey and I'm not sure if what it returns will be usable. If memory serves me (don't trust it myself) I think it's...