Windows 10: cant activate my win10 pro upgrade

Discus and support cant activate my win10 pro upgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; purchased a win10 pro upgrade digital copy and did not receive a product key and the windows update is not working IF one was added to the bios. is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by FredBeers74, Apr 5, 2021.

1. cant activate my win10 pro upgrade

purchased a win10 pro upgrade digital copy and did not receive a product key and the windows update is not working IF one was added to the bios.

is there a way to generate one using my order details?

I used the feedback hub as per the automated help function but I was hoping I could expedite this somehow.

:)

FredBeers74, Apr 5, 2021

2. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 5, 2021
  3. Muir1 Win User
    Upgrade and activate win10 home to Pro

When I built my PC I installed Win10 home on it, but have decided I want win10 pro. So, I have bought a win10 pro key, but it is not working.

I get the error: The product key that you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one. (0xc004f050)

I figured this is because it is currently running home, but is there a way to upgrade an unlicensed version of home to pro, so that I can then activate it with my Pro key?

Muir1, Apr 5, 2021
  4. cant activate my win10 pro upgrade

Upgrading OEM Win10 Home to MSDN Win10 Pro

Moving to a new PC that I'm building myself. Currently running Dell OEM Win10 Home. New PC will have Win10 Pro, MSDN (multi-activation or retail keys) version.

My backup software can do a "system transfer" that will allow me to transfer everything (OS and applications) to the new computer.

Should I upgrade from OEM Home to MSDN Pro on the old computer and then transfer everything to the new computer?

Or just install Win10 PRO MSDN on the new computer and use the backup software vendor's application transfer program to move the applications and registry entries?

My goals are:

1. Not have any "dinosaur bones" either from the OS on my SSD from the old OEM Home version on the new PRO version

1. Not have to reinstall and reconfigure everything (which would take about a week)

Thanks for any advice I can get...

bobmac1547, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

cant activate my win10 pro upgrade

1. cant activate my win10 pro upgrade - Similar Threads - cant activate win10

2. Purchased Win10 Pro Upgrade from store, will not activate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Purchased Win10 Pro Upgrade from store, will not activate: The computer came with Win10 Home. I purchased a Win10 Pro upgrade from the Miicrosoft store. Now on the activation page it states I have Windows 10 Enterprisewhich I did not purchase - I purchase Windows 10 Professional upgrade. It also states "We can't activate Windows on...
  3. Win10 Pro Activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Pro Activation: I purchased a computer with Win10 Home, then purchased Win10 Pro from the Microsoft Store, It failed on the install for some reason, I then put my Win10 key back in. After an windows update, it somehow upgraded to Win10 Pro but is not activated. I cannot find my...
  4. Upgrade and activate win10 home to Pro

Upgrade and activate win10 home to Pro: When I built my PC I installed Win10 home on it, but have decided I want win10 pro. So, I have bought a win10 pro key, but it is not working. I get the error: The product key that you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one....
  5. Unable to Activate Following Win10 Home->Pro Upgrade

Unable to Activate Following Win10 Home->Pro Upgrade: I needed the extra functionality of Win10 Pro, so I went into Settings -> Updates & Security -> Activation and followed the upgrade steps. The Microsoft Store successfully charged my credit card for the update as expected. It installed, and I now have the extra features......
  6. Upgrading Win10 Home (activated) to Pro (not activated)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading Win10 Home (activated) to Pro (not activated): Hi! I have a Dell laptop running Windows 10 Home activated with a digital license connected to my Microsoft account. I’d like to upgrade to Pro but as I don’t have the money for a new product key I’d like to keep it non-activated. I don’t mind sacrificing personalization...
  7. Upgrade win10 home to win10 pro

Upgrade win10 home to win10 pro: I'm trying to upgrade my win10 home to pro but I'm stuck. The steps taken are below: 1. I disconnected my internet-connection. 2. I went to systems->"Update&Security" -> Activation -> "Change Product Key" 3. I entered the generic key "VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T" and the...
  8. Upgrade to Win10 pro

Upgrade to Win10 pro: My PC originally had Win7 premium installed and I have the original product key. It has had several auto upgrades and is now running Win19 Home and has a different key. How can I use the original key to get Win10 pro without extra charge?...
  9. Upgrade Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: Recently I have replaced my Win 8.1 Home edition with a Win 10 Home edition. (64-bit) Now I would like to upgrade Win10 Home to a Win10 Pro Edition. How do I do that and what will it cost me? 31154
  10. Upgrading to Win10 Pro

Upgrading to Win10 Pro: I have Win 10 Home edition and would like to replace it with Pro and have all my installed apps under Pro. Can I do this and how? Thank you very much. 36545