Windows 10: Can't Activate my Windows 10 account w/ product key provided

Discus and support Can't Activate my Windows 10 account w/ product key provided in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; First, the situation is a bit confusing, but I will try to be as clear as possible. I originally purchased my Desktop, and it came with Windows 8.1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JYuenger, Dec 20, 2020.

1. JYuenger Win User

Can't Activate my Windows 10 account w/ product key provided

First, the situation is a bit confusing, but I will try to be as clear as possible.

I originally purchased my Desktop, and it came with Windows 8.1 however it was just prior to Windows 10 release. Before the Windows 10 release came, I was going back to school, so I ended up with Windows 10 Edu, never upgraded the Windows 8.1 home to Windows 10. Now I'm no longer going to school and had to recently reformat my system and no longer had access to the Windows Rodin product key.

The issue now is I am unable to Activate Window 10 & the period to upgrade Windows 8.1 has passed, but I still have the old product key and full Windows 8.1 pro product key Available & read that I could use those if I use Assistive technologies which I do so should now be able to convert it over, but I'm not 100% Certain on the current status of that option or if I need to do a complete overhaul & completely reformat my computer? Also, I have Windows 10 home with product key on a computer that no longer Functions, couldn't I use that to fix the Problem? The problem I run into with that path is that it says it's registered to the broken computer, and I can't locate any info on transferring it, or if it is ever an option?

I see similar posts going back years, some come close to helping me find answers just not completely. If I missed one, I apologize for wasting supports time, but I need to fix this as quickly as possible

I appreciate any help, thank you.

James

:)

JYuenger, Dec 20, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Dec 20, 2020
  3. Duyenhip Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Dec 20, 2020
  4. Can't Activate my Windows 10 account w/ product key provided

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

Yeah they blacklisted the insider keys at RTM, so u need to activate it again. They're using KMS server activation, so there's only handful of keys.

If you don't have any luck I can show another quicker method...lol

Pill Monster, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

Can't Activate my Windows 10 account w/ product key provided

1. Can't Activate my Windows 10 account w/ product key provided - Similar Threads - Can't Activate account

2. Can't find my Product Key to activate Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find my Product Key to activate Windows: Hi,I need to activate Windows for some reason, I have 8.1 which came pre-installed. The laptop is old, I think since 2010 or something.I don't have the key and I cannot find it. I did find one through some method I found online, but apparently, it wasn't the right one??!!...
  3. Can't find my Product Key to activate Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find my Product Key to activate Windows: Hi,I need to activate Windows for some reason, I have 8.1 which came pre-installed. The laptop is old, I think since 2010 or something.I don't have the key and I cannot find it. I did find one through some method I found online, but apparently, it wasn't the right one??!!...
  4. Can't activate my current Windows 10 through a product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate my current Windows 10 through a product key: I'm trying to activate my Windows 10 Enterprise which is currently not activated using a product key given by my school. The product key is for a Windows 10 Education. When I try using the product key, I keep getting this error. [ATTACH] What do I do to solve this...
  5. I can't activate my windows and the product key is not appearing.

I can't activate my windows and the product key is not appearing.: Split from this thread. Hi Community, I can't activate my windows and the product key is not appearing. What does error code 80246002 mean Also, I have tried launching my Microsoft office apps severally and I get can't find your license application a repair attempt...
  6. i can't activate my product key

in Cortana
    i can't activate my product key: i can not access my activation for product key error code 0xC004F074 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-activate-my-product-key/449d3b78-1117-476a-ae8b-dfc71db9295c
  7. Windows can't activate with this product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows can't activate with this product key: I have a windows 10 pro installed in my computer and only found out my product key 1 year later today because I used an app that tells you what your product key was I lost the cover of my DVD. Now, when I try to change product key, it says windows can't activate with this...
  8. Product key issue - Can't activate windows

Product key issue - Can't activate windows: A couple of years ago I bought my IBUYPOWER computer brand new from Best Buy. The numbers on the product key label were so small that I can't read them even with my glasses on so I could not activate windows by myself. I upgraded to windows 10 and then several months later I...
  9. windows can't activate with this product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows can't activate with this product key: I originally got Window 7 on an Asus Laptop, which became Windows 8, then 8.1. All working fine [as far as activation goes]. I upgraded to Windows 10 when it first came out - a free upgrade from Microsoft. IE all legit. Now, suddenly, it says my license is about to...
  10. Will microsoft also provide a product key for windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will microsoft also provide a product key for windows 10?: I'm worried that I may have to reinstall after the 1 year period and have to pay. 6605