Windows 10: Can't activate product key after Motherboard upgrade.

Discus and support Can't activate product key after Motherboard upgrade. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I have this issue, I have a system with an HDD and SSD. I used to run windows on the HDD but yesterday I also installed it on my SSD so I run 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Justin Intres, Mar 25, 2023.

1. Can't activate product key after Motherboard upgrade.

So I have this issue, I have a system with an HDD and SSD. I used to run windows on the HDD but yesterday I also installed it on my SSD so I run 2 systems, this all worked fine, the product key worked. Then today I upgraded my Motherboard and CPU, but now Windows asked me to activate Windows again. So I filled in my product key but it doesn't accept it. Is there a fix for this? I run Windows 10.I would like to provide screenshots but they don't work. So I'll describe it: - There is the Activate Windows watermark in the bottom right corner of my main display. - There's this error message: ''Win

:)

Justin Intres, Mar 25, 2023
  2. mshimala Win User

Windows saying not activated after motherboard upgrade

Hi,

I recently upgraded some PC parts (new motherboard, RAM, processor, video card) and ever since then I have a watermark in the bottom right of my display reading "Activate Windows - Go to Settings to activate Windows."

I took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10 back when they were allowing Windows 8 users to upgrade to Windows 10. I don't remember receiving an activation key during this upgrade.

I've read online that installing a new motherboard can occasionally cause issues with OS activation. How can I reactivate my Windows without having to purchase Windows 10.

Some things to note:
    • This watermark was not there prior to installing the new motherboard
    • As some places (and a Microsoft Tech Support member) suggested, typing the query "wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey" into CMD just returns with "OA3xOriginalProductKey". The Microsoft Support member seemed confused by this and said there was nothing further she could do.

Thanks!

mshimala, Mar 25, 2023
  3. Josef Bri Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade activation product key requirement no skip

Hi Anil,

To quote Andre's post, can you please try the following steps as well right after you got the product key from the steps that was provided to you above.

• Click Start
    • Settings
    • Find Update & Security
    • On the left pane of the page, click Activation
    • In the change the product key section, enter the product key you have
    • Click Next to activate.
    Let us know how it goes so we can provide you with a better solution.

Josef Bri, Mar 25, 2023
  4. Duyenhip Win User

Can't activate product key after Motherboard upgrade.

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Mar 25, 2023
Thema:

Can't activate product key after Motherboard upgrade.

1. Can't activate product key after Motherboard upgrade. - Similar Threads - Can't activate product

2. Can't activate product key after Motherboard upgrade.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate product key after Motherboard upgrade.: So I have this issue, I have a system with an HDD and SSD. I used to run windows on the HDD but yesterday I also installed it on my SSD so I run 2 systems, this all worked fine, the product key worked. Then today I upgraded my Motherboard and CPU, but now Windows asked me to...
  3. Can't activate product key after Motherboard upgrade.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate product key after Motherboard upgrade.: So I have this issue, I have a system with an HDD and SSD. I used to run windows on the HDD but yesterday I also installed it on my SSD so I run 2 systems, this all worked fine, the product key worked. Then today I upgraded my Motherboard and CPU, but now Windows asked me to...
  4. Windows Activation/Product Key error after replacing Motherboard and CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation/Product Key error after replacing Motherboard and CPU: I've tried to include screenshots but the upload keeps failingI'm having pretty much the same problem as the person who posted this...
  5. Windows Activation/Product Key error after replacing Motherboard and CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Activation/Product Key error after replacing Motherboard and CPU: I've tried to include screenshots but the upload keeps failingI'm having pretty much the same problem as the person who posted this...
  6. Windows can't activate with this product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows can't activate with this product key: I have a windows 10 pro installed in my computer and only found out my product key 1 year later today because I used an app that tells you what your product key was I lost the cover of my DVD. Now, when I try to change product key, it says windows can't activate with this...
  7. Activation failed after upgrading the motherboard.

Activation failed after upgrading the motherboard.: This is a long story. My son upgraded his motherboard to a new one. So I decided to use his motherboard for one of the older computer that has a Windows 10 Professional running on it and activated. After installing the motherboard, I tried to re-activated the license for...
  8. Windows Activation after motherboard upgrade

Windows Activation after motherboard upgrade: Hello, when i bought my pc i bought a physical windows key. After some time it disappeared and i had to chat with support for them to give me another because the key randomly vanished. Now i changed my motherboard and it says i need to activate my windows. I've tried...
  9. windows can't activate with this product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows can't activate with this product key: I originally got Window 7 on an Asus Laptop, which became Windows 8, then 8.1. All working fine [as far as activation goes]. I upgraded to Windows 10 when it first came out - a free upgrade from Microsoft. IE all legit. Now, suddenly, it says my license is about to...
  10. Can't activate windows10pro after upgrading the motherboard.

Can't activate windows10pro after upgrading the motherboard.: I have a problem activating windows when i switched my motherboard, processor and ram memory. I decided to upgrade my hardware and i was using windows7, for some reason my mouse and keyboard wasn't working after bios in the new motherboard. Windows7 didn't support usb 3.0 so...