Windows 10: Can't activate Remote Desktop Server RDS under MPSA agreement

Discus and support Can't activate Remote Desktop Server RDS under MPSA agreement in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I am trying to activate a block of 10 x Windows Remote Desktop Server user CALS on a 2019 Server Standard, but under the "Remote Desktop Licensing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Reginald Bagsley, Feb 5, 2023.

1. Can't activate Remote Desktop Server RDS under MPSA agreement

Hi,I am trying to activate a block of 10 x Windows Remote Desktop Server user CALS on a 2019 Server Standard, but under the "Remote Desktop Licensing Manager" there is no option for MPSA agreements there is for everything else. As MPSA agreements do NOT have enrollment numbers, it won't let me activate the product. I have tried selecting "Other" and entering in my agreement number and purchasing account number, but they all give the same error about the details being wrong.I tried calling Microsoft for help but got nowhere.

:)

Reginald Bagsley, Feb 5, 2023
  2. TsangKH Win User

RDS CAL requirement of Remote Desktop without RDS installed

Is RDS CAL required for Windows 10 Server and Windows Server 2016 remote desktop without RDS installed?

It basically means that just switch on remote desktop in system settings without turning on RDS role and use for non-administrative purposes.

Examples including a personal user wanting to run MATLAB on cloud.

TsangKH, Feb 5, 2023
  3. Brink Win User
    Remote Desktop Services 2019 generally available Windows Server 2019

Source: Remote Desktop Services 2019 generally available with Windows Server 2019 - Windows Server Blog

Brink, Feb 5, 2023
  4. Brink Win User

Can't activate Remote Desktop Server RDS under MPSA agreement

Remote Desktop Services 2019 generally available Windows Server 2019

Source: Remote Desktop Services 2019 generally available with Windows Server 2019 - Windows Server Blog

Brink, Feb 5, 2023
Thema:

Can't activate Remote Desktop Server RDS under MPSA agreement

1. Can't activate Remote Desktop Server RDS under MPSA agreement - Similar Threads - Can't activate Remote

2. RDS License Server User Cal Licensing model and Remote Desktop GPO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDS License Server User Cal Licensing model and Remote Desktop GPO: I have a License Server with 75 user cals for RDS installed. I have an OU in AD with the servers I want to serve licenses to created and a GPO created and linked to that OU. However, a single user group is in AD that the GPO provides remote access via Terminal Services to....
  3. RDS License Server User Cal Licensing model and Remote Desktop GPO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDS License Server User Cal Licensing model and Remote Desktop GPO: I have a License Server with 75 user cals for RDS installed. I have an OU in AD with the servers I want to serve licenses to created and a GPO created and linked to that OU. However, a single user group is in AD that the GPO provides remote access via Terminal Services to....
  4. Remote Desktop Rds

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Remote Desktop Rds: Hello Friends of the guild, I have a question regarding installing an RDs Remote desktop license in the License manager an Expiration date appears. My question is the following when the grace period expires does the Remote desktop stop working? even having the Cal Rds...
  5. Remote Desktop Rds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Rds: Hello Friends of the guild, I have a question regarding installing an RDs Remote desktop license in the License manager an Expiration date appears. My question is the following when the grace period expires does the Remote desktop stop working? even having the Cal Rds...
  6. Remote Desktop Rds

7. Can't activate Remote Desktop Server RDS under MPSA agreement

Can't activate Remote Desktop Server RDS under MPSA agreement: Hi,I am trying to activate a block of 10 x Windows Remote Desktop Server user CALS on a 2019 Server Standard, but under the "Remote Desktop Licensing Manager" there is no option for MPSA agreements there is for everything else. As MPSA agreements do NOT have enrollment...
  8. remote desktop server 2008R2

remote desktop server 2008R2: I have trouble to setup the rd connection. Before i setup anything, i can remote to the server via admin login. However, when i need to add new user, i need to add roles in order to add new user. following the wizard to complete the installation & reboot the server. i can't...
  9. Remote Desktop Server

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Remote Desktop Server: Evening All, Just wondering if anyone more experienced can just fill me in on the details - I'm convinced I'm missing something basic! We've got a Windows server 2019 machine that has remote desktop licencing for 50 CALs. However, when the user logs in via RDP, they get...
  10. RDS Server User Desktop Icon Display issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    RDS Server User Desktop Icon Display issues: Hello Guys I already opened a thread on TechNet but wanted to open one here too to get help asap. Link from TechNet: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6fc86786-2b72-4f31-9190-e30fbcc7ce0c/rds-server-user-desktop-icon-display-issues?forum=winserverTS...