Windows 10: Can't activate screen saver

Discus and support Can't activate screen saver in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm just getting a new computer up and running but can't activate my screen saver. I get a message saying "Windows cannot access the specified file." I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ZZTom1960, Aug 30, 2019.

1. ZZTom1960 Win User

Can't activate screen saver

I'm just getting a new computer up and running but can't activate my screen saver. I get a message saying "Windows cannot access the specified file." I found the file in File Explorer but it will not open nor am I allowed to change permissions on this file. Can this be resolved?

:)

ZZTom1960, Aug 30, 2019
  2. D3LL Win User

Windows 10 Screen saver not activating

A quick list of what you might want to try first;

• Update Windows
    • Update drivers
    • Check screen saver settings
    • Disconnect unnecessary devices
    • Clean the mouse sensor and mouse pad
    • Make sure Screensaver is activated
    • Reset Power Management Option
    • Run power troubleshooter
    • Run the SFC scan
    • Run DISM

3. screen saver

Hi Jack,

Thank you for using Windows10.

Let us know what happens exactly when you try to set the screen-saver or put the computer to sleep.

I would suggest you to review he settings and check. Here is the steps:

To change Screen Saver:

• Press Windows/Start key.
    • Type Screen Saver and click on Change Screen Saver.
    • Select the screensaver from the drop down menu and click on Apply.
    • Click on OK.
    To put the computer in sleep:

• Press Windows/Start key.
    • Type Power and click on Power Options.
    • Select Change when the computer sleeps in the left panel.
    Reply with the updated status for further help and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Aug 30, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

screen saver

Hi Amir,

A screen saver is a moving picture or pattern that displays on the screen(s) of your PC after you have not been active on the PC for specified period of time to wait. You can follow the steps below to change the screensaver on your Windows 10 laptop:

• Press Windows key.
    • Click on Settings > Personalization > Lock
      screen
      > Screen saver settings.
    • You can choose the Screen saver that you want in the Screen Saver Settings
      window.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't activate screen saver - Similar Threads - Can't activate screen

2. screen saver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen saver: trying to open screen saver I installed shockwave still get this notice?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver/c73a81bb-d9a3-49eb-8d0d-1ab87235b109
  3. can't turn off screen saver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't turn off screen saver: So I set the screen saver to none and pressed apply but the screen still turns off and locks after the time i set in the grayed box. submitted by /u/star-dash-438 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ku77fj/cant_turn_off_screen_saver/
  4. Screen saver

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen saver: Whatever I do to Settings I've suddenly found it impossible to get a screen saver. Any tips? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver/f2fe8145-4578-471a-875b-75234a993fb1
  5. Can't get screen saver to operate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't get screen saver to operate: Hi. I have windows 10. I have set all the required settings for my screen saver. But when the time elapses, all I get is a black screen. My screen saver will not activate. How do I fix this?...
  6. why wont screen saver activate?

why wont screen saver activate?: why wont screen saver activate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-screen-saver-activate/ab5b83ae-8d5b-4393-aed1-09186896463a
  7. Trying to add screen savers; can't

Trying to add screen savers; can't: I can use default screen savers, but I can't add and use new ones. The new ones won't activate. Can anyone help? 154636
  8. Windows 10 Screen saver not activating

Windows 10 Screen saver not activating: I have a screen saver that will not activate after a few minutes; It will preview okay, just not display after a few minutes. I tried changing it to a one minute wait and nothing happens. It use to work but I may of accidentally changed something in power management settings....
  9. Windows 10 Screen saver not activating

Windows 10 Screen saver not activating: I have a screen saver that will not activate after a few minutes; It will preview okay, just not display after a few minutes. I tried changing it to a one minute wait and nothing happens. It use to work but I may of accidentally changed something in power management settings....
  10. I can't disengage the screen saver

I can't disengage the screen saver: Please can anyone tell me why the screen saver will not go away? I have tried the space bar, touchscreen, mouse clicks. I have to go to the task manager to get it to go off....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how can i activate my screen saver