Windows 10: Can't activate (transfer) Windows 10 from another PC

Discus and support Can't activate (transfer) Windows 10 from another PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; When Windows 10 was released I upgraded my old Windows 7 PC to Windows 10. I'd like to transfer that licence to another PC now. I've deactivated the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TheDutchKiwi, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Can't activate (transfer) Windows 10 from another PC

When Windows 10 was released I upgraded my old Windows 7 PC to Windows 10.

I'd like to transfer that licence to another PC now.

I've deactivated the Product Key on the old PC yesterday; today I'm trying to activate that very Product Key on my other PC.

But it doesn't work.

What should I do to activate my Product key on my other Windows 10 PC?

Cheers

:)

TheDutchKiwi, Mar 20, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 20, 2019
  3. Transferring Windows 10 to New PC Activation

It depends on how Windows 10 was originally configured on your computer.

If its a full retail store bought license online or offline, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is NOT transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

Learn more about transferring your license:

If its a retail license, learn how to reactivate:

Andre Da Costa, Mar 20, 2019
  4. Can't activate (transfer) Windows 10 from another PC

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

Can't activate (transfer) Windows 10 from another PC

1. Can't activate (transfer) Windows 10 from another PC - Similar Threads - Can't activate transfer

2. Transfer Windows to a another PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Windows to a another PC: I'm unsure if this falls under "Install and upgrade".So I'm in the middle of buying parts for my brand new gaming desktop + monitor.I unfortunately noticed that I bought the CD version of Windows 10.keeping in mind that monitor and desktop does not have a CD Driver- and also...
  3. Transfer Windows to a another PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer Windows to a another PC: I'm unsure if this falls under "Install and upgrade".So I'm in the middle of buying parts for my brand new gaming desktop + monitor.I unfortunately noticed that I bought the CD version of Windows 10.keeping in mind that monitor and desktop does not have a CD Driver- and also...
  4. Transfer Windows to a another PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Transfer Windows from one PC to another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer Windows from one PC to another: I currently have a laptop that had Windows from the factory, and I want to transfer it to my new desktop. I want to put Ubuntu on the laptop. When i go to activation, however, it says that it's activated with a digital license, and i cant get the product key. I am using...
  6. Transferring windows 10 to another PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferring windows 10 to another PC: I am thinking about building a new Desktop PC and I was wondering if it's possible to use my actual windows 10 license on the new PC? I bought the old laptop from HP and do not remember if I paid for a Retail or OEM license ! But this is what I get when I run the bellow...
  7. Transfer Windows 10 License to another PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows 10 License to another PC: Hi, I have a Windows 10 Pro version (Retail) which is on my old PC, now I got a new PC and want to activate it on that, I understand that only 1 activation may be active at once. I want to transfer from one to the other. I cannot find my product key anywhere and in...
  8. Transfer MS Windows 10 to another PC.

Transfer MS Windows 10 to another PC.: I Currently have an older Dell Inspiron 620 w/a core i3 to a HP Compaq w/a i5 processor and more memory build slots. The windows 10 files were loaded to the internal HDD via Free upgrade from original Windows 7 approx. 2 years ago. Just updated to version 1903... What will...
  9. how to transfer windows 10 from one pc to another

how to transfer windows 10 from one pc to another: Hi my current computer has window ten but its old and i want to transfere my windows 10 copy from my old pc to my new one which is faster. please help whoever can...
  10. Transferring settings from on win 10 pc to another.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transferring settings from on win 10 pc to another.: I want to transfer a certain control panel settings of windows 10 to all of my office's pc. Is there any way to transfer this settings through flash drive?...