Windows 10: Can't activate win10 after installing new motherboard

Discus and support Can't activate win10 after installing new motherboard in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi I've tried to follow all the steps offered by Microsoft's help section but it doesn't seem to work for me. I bought a new Motherboard which I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ElakaGurkan, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Can't activate win10 after installing new motherboard

Hi

I've tried to follow all the steps offered by Microsoft's help section but it doesn't seem to work for me.

I bought a new Motherboard which I installed and now I can't activate my Windows 10 again. I updated to Win10 quite a while ago, from win7 or 8. I also have a laptop with Win10 and on the laptop, it says my account is bounded to my digital activation but there is no digital activation on my account and I'm using the same account for both my laptop and tabletop computer.

How do I find my digital activation and how do I activate Win10 on my table top with a new MB?

Grateful for help

Kindly

Andreas

:)

ElakaGurkan, Feb 13, 2019
  2. bobkn Win User

Win10 motherboard change activation saga

I recently changed the motherboard and CPU in my primary system. It was running Win10 Pro X64, upgraded from Win8.1 . That was an upgrade from Win 8, which was an upgrade from Win7, which was... you get the idea. The ancestral OS was retail. The most recent license I had purchased was the Win8 upgrade, from January of 2013.

The old MB was an Intel X99 one. The new, AMD x470. After Win10 detected the change and installed some different drivers, it ran normally. It didn't activate online. However, when I changed the key to the Win8 upgrade one, it activated OK.

The motherboard turned out to be defective. The RAM slots A1 and A2 weren't working properly. So, I returned it, and replaced it with a different X470 MB.

That swap went fine also. However, nothing I could do would permit it to activate online.

I called MS activation support. After they led me through a number of steps (all of which I'd tried previously), I was referred to another level of support. I went through that a couple of times. The first time, the support person suggested that I re-install Windows 8 and upgrade that to 10. I managed to avoid screaming obscenities at the man, but it was a near thing. On the second try, I got a tech who asked to be allowed to remotely log into to the system. I agreed. He tried a number of things, none of which worked.

He finally took a screen capture of the invoice for the new MB, which I purchased online a few days ago. His boss permitted him the generate a new Win10 key for me. That worked. I don't know whether the key is equivalent to a full retail license, but I hadn't expect to be given any sort of new key.

The short version: if you swap motherboards, and have a Win10 installation with retail origins (not OEM), I expect that Microsoft will support re-activating Windows on the new hardware. If you have to deal with humans, you may encounter some who offer nonsense solutions. Persevere, and you may eventually find a support person who is both considerate and competent. (Thanks, Kamalesh.)

bobkn, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Palcouk Win User
    Installing new motherboard and windows clean install question!

If win10 was pre-installed by the PC maker then it wont activate on new hardware (motherboard) that constitutes a new PC and preinstalled win is an OEM version licensed only for origonal hardware,

If you purchased a retail version of win10, then no problem

Palcouk, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Can't activate win10 after installing new motherboard

New motherboard, win10 need activation

I has 2 PC and one notebook with Windows 7 installed. When anniversary edition came out I update all to Win 10. Problem start when my old motherboard get damage I has to wait 2 month for a new one when I got it I update windows again and now is asking
    me to Activate. I through it will be save on my MS account that activation on this PC was done before July. Is there any chance of getting Win10 back to normal without paying? I bought 3 copies of win 7 last year and Im happy for free 10 I don't wana pay again.
    Is there any way to activate it without extra costs

KrystianBielak, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Can't activate win10 after installing new motherboard

1. Can't activate win10 after installing new motherboard - Similar Threads - Can't activate win10

2. Can't activate windows after new motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate windows after new motherboard: After i installed new motherboard, i can no longer activate windows.I always get error code: 0x803FABBAAlso tried linking my email, but i also get error from that.I tried to buy a cheap key on the internet, still doesn't work.I'm sure no key works on this machine any longer....
  3. Can't activate windows after new motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate windows after new motherboard: After i installed new motherboard, i can no longer activate windows.I always get error code: 0x803FABBAAlso tried linking my email, but i also get error from that.I tried to buy a cheap key on the internet, still doesn't work.I'm sure no key works on this machine any longer....
  4. Can't activate windows after new motherboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. New motherboard, can't activate

New motherboard, can't activate: Hi there, a number of years ago I received a free version of Windows 7 Pro from university. I still have the receipt email but the product key is behind a link which is no longer active. I carried out the free upgrade to Windows 10 a few years back and everything was...
  6. I can't activate windows after installing it on new motherboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't activate windows after installing it on new motherboard: I swapped my motherboard and i can't activate windows because it's linked digitally to my microsoft account.I'm always getting error 0x8007232B and when i run troubleshoot i get another error ,,We can't activate your copy of windows,make sure you are connected to the internet...
  7. Can't activate Windows after new Motherboard

Can't activate Windows after new Motherboard: I am getting told I need to activate windows, I go to settings and it says to click troubleshoot which I do, I get two options either "click here to buy new windows 10 key" or "I changed hardware recently" I click the latter which opens up a new window with a loading thing,...
  8. Installed New Motherboard can't Activate Windows

Installed New Motherboard can't Activate Windows: I have recently upgraded motherboards on my PC that was purchased in 2013 with Windows preinstalled. I am getting an message that my Windows is not active. I do have a retail version of Windows. I ran the widows script that I have seen in previous post so I can see all my...
  9. Windows 10 will not activate after installing new motherboard

Windows 10 will not activate after installing new motherboard: Hello, I originally got my Windows 10 Pro licence as a free upgrade from Windows 7. I recently got a new motherboard for my PC after years of using an older one and upon rebooting Windows informed me that it was no longer active. I followed the troubleshooter, eventually...
  10. Install new motherboard- Install before or after Win10 upgrade?

in Windows 10 Support
    Install new motherboard- Install before or after Win10 upgrade?: I have an HTPC on Windows 7 that I want to upgrade to Windows 10. I want to change the motherboard to an mini-ITX format. Should I install Windows 10 before or after changing out the motherboard? Trying to avoid a hangup. 22556

Users found this page by searching for:

1. activate windows after installing motherboard

2. how to install old win10 1903 os on a new motherboard

3. cant activate windows new motherboard