Windows 10: Can't activate Windows 10 after a hardware change

Discus and support Can't activate Windows 10 after a hardware change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Just changed the motherboard, CPU, RAM and GPU on my PC. So when I started windows again it said my windows was not activated. I tried to follow the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Víctor GabrielAvalos, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Can't activate Windows 10 after a hardware change

Just changed the motherboard, CPU, RAM and GPU on my PC. So when I started windows again it said my windows was not activated. I tried to follow the steps for "Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change" but it says that it has not found any devices linked to my Microsoft account that can be used to reactive windows. Is there any other way to activate my windows?

:)

Víctor GabrielAvalos, Dec 1, 2019
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

windows activation—hardware changed siginficantly

From time to time on my thoroughbred PC, I get a Windows activation message that says my hardware changed siginificantly and I have to re-activate Windows. My hardware hasn't changed any more than a network card (went from a wireless g card to onboard lan to a wired network card), and the install is legit. Why is it doing this, and how can I stop it?

3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to activate Windows after hardware change

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Usually the error code 0xC004F213 comes when there is a hardware change done on the computer (like Motherboard or Hard drive). The Windows license is associated with the device hardware. If there is any significant hardware changes, such as replacing
    motherboard or hard drive, Windows won’t be able to recognize the license.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps from the article
    Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change
    and see if Windows gets activated.

If you are using an OEM computer that came with Windows 7, and the motherboard has not been changed, then you can follow the steps to retrieve the product key that came with your OEM computer. To retrieve the product key follow the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Type Command prompt in the search bar, that is on the taskbar.
    2. Right click on Command prompt icon and select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the command and press on Enter: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    4. You will find the product key.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Can't activate Windows 10 after a hardware change

Activation problems after hardware changes and reinstallations.

Hi Meli,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Was Windows 10 activated before re-installing it?

Along with the suggestions provided by Greg, you can also refer the steps below.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    If you replace the CPU, TPM, or Motherboard you may have to re-activate but this will not require a purchase of Windows 10.

Why can't I activate Windows 10?:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

Get help with Windows 10 activation errors:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/activation-errors-windows-10

Can I clean re-install Windows 10 after upgrading?

Can I clean re-install Windows 10 after upgrading?

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Can't activate Windows 10 after a hardware change

1. Can't activate Windows 10 after a hardware change - Similar Threads - Can't activate hardware

2. can't activate windows 10 after hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can't activate windows 10 after hardware change: can't activate windows 10 after hardware change after i chang my vega card from 3070 to 6800xt i got mes i can't activate windows 10 it my serial number : MJXTY-P2C9K-QXQYH-FBDTK-M6MY9 . please answer to me and thank you...
  3. Can't activate windows 10 after hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate windows 10 after hardware change: Hello, please help me to reactivate windows 10 on my new motherboard/CPU. For some reason it won't accept my product key. This is a digital retail version, purchased directly from microsoft. After typing in my product key I get error 0x803fa067. Troubleshooting option didn't...
  4. Can't activate windows 10 after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate windows 10 after hardware change: Hello, please help me to reactivate windows 10 on my new motherboard/CPU. For some reason it won't accept my product key. This is a digital retail version, purchased directly from microsoft. After typing in my product key I get error 0x803fa067. Troubleshooting option didn't...
  5. Can't Activate Windows 10 After Hardware Change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Activate Windows 10 After Hardware Change: Hi, I upgraded my desktop PC with new motherboard, CPU and memory. I didn't know I had to prepare Windows in advance of a hardware change. I have licenses for XP, 7 and Vista but took the free upgrade to 10. Using activation troubleshoot I was required to enter my Microsoft...
  6. Can't activate Windows 10 after hardware change

Can't activate Windows 10 after hardware change: Before I built my new computer I checked my account to see if I could find my activation key (I moved fairly recently and don't know where my original disk for windows is as of right now). When I checked the activation tab, it said my copy of windows was apparently linked to...
  7. Can't activate Windows 10 after hardware change.

Can't activate Windows 10 after hardware change.: PC has been out of commission for a year. I installed new motherboard and GPU since I wasn't sure the problem. Windows isn't activated. I've changed the motherboard before and no problems. This time it tells me "We can't activate windows on this device as the previous version...
  8. Can't activate Windows 10 after hardware changes

Can't activate Windows 10 after hardware changes: Hi, I updated my computer with some new hardware, including the motherboard. After this my Windows can no longer activate. I tried running the troubleshoot option where I selected "I changed my hardware on this device recently", but then I run into an error .] , this...
  9. Can't activate windows 10 after hardware change

Can't activate windows 10 after hardware change: A couple of days ago, my motherboard broke so i had to replace it. I obviously couldn't prepare my computer for this change since i didn't plan on my motherboard breaking. Now that i've got new hardware i can't seem to activate windows 10 again. I've ran the troubleshooter,...
  10. Can't activate windows 10 after hardware change

Can't activate windows 10 after hardware change: Hello everyone! I'm running into some issues with re activating windows 10 after I changed my motherboard. So the story is that I purchased my computer from a store in my city and it had windows 8 installed and updated to windows 10 when that came out.They didn't give me...