Windows 10: Can't activate Windows 10 after hardware update.

Discus and support Can't activate Windows 10 after hardware update. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, As the tilte states after upgrading hardware (in this case I've changed my motherboard) Windows is not activated. I went to "Activation" ->... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RoachLok, Jun 29, 2019.

1. RoachLok Win User

Can't activate Windows 10 after hardware update.

Hello,

As the tilte states after upgrading hardware (in this case I've changed my motherboard) Windows is not activated.

I went to "Activation" -> "TroubleShooting" -> "I've recently changed my hardware on this device" . But I get this message:

Something went wrong
    We’re working on it – try again in a little bit.

Along with a trace id.

I googled about it a found a post that said I should first leave the family group. I left the family group I was in without problems but the activation error persists.

Please ask me about nay further information needed to fix this problem.

Thank you very much.

:)

RoachLok, Jun 29, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Jun 29, 2019
  3. activating windows 10 after hardware upgrade

hi

trying to activate windows 10 after hardware update but it keeps saying no

i followed the troubleshooter steps but something goes wrong and it just says oops try again later...

any suggestions?

Thanks

tristonhampson, Jun 29, 2019
  4. skippy258 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Can't activate Windows 10 after hardware update. [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't activate Windows 10 after hardware update. - Similar Threads - Can't activate hardware

2. can't activate windows 10 after hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can't activate windows 10 after hardware change: can't activate windows 10 after hardware change after i chang my vega card from 3070 to 6800xt i got mes i can't activate windows 10 it my serial number : MJXTY-P2C9K-QXQYH-FBDTK-M6MY9 . please answer to me and thank you...
  3. Can't activate windows 10 after hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate windows 10 after hardware change: Hello, please help me to reactivate windows 10 on my new motherboard/CPU. For some reason it won't accept my product key. This is a digital retail version, purchased directly from microsoft. After typing in my product key I get error 0x803fa067. Troubleshooting option didn't...
  4. Can't Activate Windows 10 After Hardware Change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Activate Windows 10 After Hardware Change: Hi, I upgraded my desktop PC with new motherboard, CPU and memory. I didn't know I had to prepare Windows in advance of a hardware change. I have licenses for XP, 7 and Vista but took the free upgrade to 10. Using activation troubleshoot I was required to enter my Microsoft...
  5. Can't activate Windows 10 after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate Windows 10 after hardware change: Before I built my new computer I checked my account to see if I could find my activation key (I moved fairly recently and don't know where my original disk for windows is as of right now). When I checked the activation tab, it said my copy of windows was apparently linked to...
  6. Can't activate Windows 10 after a hardware change

Can't activate Windows 10 after a hardware change: Just changed the motherboard, CPU, RAM and GPU on my PC. So when I started windows again it said my windows was not activated. I tried to follow the steps for "Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change" but it says that it has not found any devices linked to my...
  7. Can't activate Windows 10 after hardware change.

Can't activate Windows 10 after hardware change.: PC has been out of commission for a year. I installed new motherboard and GPU since I wasn't sure the problem. Windows isn't activated. I've changed the motherboard before and no problems. This time it tells me "We can't activate windows on this device as the previous version...
  8. Can't activate windows 10 after hardware change

Can't activate windows 10 after hardware change: A couple of days ago, my motherboard broke so i had to replace it. I obviously couldn't prepare my computer for this change since i didn't plan on my motherboard breaking. Now that i've got new hardware i can't seem to activate windows 10 again. I've ran the troubleshooter,...
  9. Can't activate windows 10 after hardware change

Can't activate windows 10 after hardware change: Hello everyone! I'm running into some issues with re activating windows 10 after I changed my motherboard. So the story is that I purchased my computer from a store in my city and it had windows 8 installed and updated to windows 10 when that came out.They didn't give me...
  10. windows 10 activation after hardware update

windows 10 activation after hardware update: Been though the trouble shooting - but still no luck - login to my account and it can see the PC and says no problems - up to date etc but still windows 10 wont activate after hardware update Just get directed to the Microsoft store to buy a copy ? I upgraded to Win 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant activate windows 10 after upgrade

2. cant activate windows disk

3. windows 10 hardware update not activated

4. windows 10 wont activate after hardware update,
  5. Windows 10 activation Something went wrongWe’re working on it – try again in a little bit.Trace ID: NCnwMSqmZ0Wn5bf0.1.0,
  6. windows 10 activation Something went wrong We’re working on it – try again in a little bit.