Windows 10: Can't activate windows 10 after PC with free update died

Discus and support Can't activate windows 10 after PC with free update died in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi I updated from windows 7 to windows 10 when the free updates were offered. About a year ago my pc died with the mother board dying completely and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NicoleAbvajee, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Can't activate windows 10 after PC with free update died

Hi

I updated from windows 7 to windows 10 when the free updates were offered. About a year ago my pc died with the mother board dying completely and suddenly. I've only just saved up and gotten a new PC. I have installed windows but cannot seem to activate it.

I have tried using my old Windows 7 key but no luck. I don't know where to find my old digital licence for windows 10.

Is there anything I can do?

thanks

:)

NicoleAbvajee, Mar 30, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 30, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Mar 30, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Can't activate windows 10 after PC with free update died

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

Can't activate windows 10 after PC with free update died

1. Can't activate windows 10 after PC with free update died - Similar Threads - Can't activate free

2. Can't activate windows after refreshing the pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate windows after refreshing the pc: I bought a previously used PC, from a user on ebay, it came with windows 11 on it but I went by and downgraded it to windows 10 for usability. However, now it does not allow it to be activated with the activation code on it, the computer use to be windows 7 pro so I put it as...
  3. Can't activate windows after refreshing the pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't activate windows after refreshing the pc: I bought a previously used PC, from a user on ebay, it came with windows 11 on it but I went by and downgraded it to windows 10 for usability. However, now it does not allow it to be activated with the activation code on it, the computer use to be windows 7 pro so I put it as...
  4. windows 10 activation free

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 activation free: lost windows 10 free serial activation . how to recover https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-activation-free/e1e987ae-25b6-49eb-8b3c-6528201c2213
  5. Windows 10 Activation after old PC Died and most components replaced

Windows 10 Activation after old PC Died and most components replaced: Hi Team. My old pc died and I purchased new components, CPU, motherboard, disk drives and memory sticks. In error I believed I should delete reference to my old PC in my Account. Apparently, this is the wrong thing to do. My old PC is in bits and n. ot useable. How can I...
  6. Can't Activate Windows 10 after windows update

Can't Activate Windows 10 after windows update: I recently updated my laptop to the latest version of Windows 10 version 2004 using the 'Windows 10 Update Assistant'. After the update Windows says that it isn't activated and that I need to activate it. The Activation settings show the following error: [ATTACH]...
  7. Windows 10 Activation After Free Update

Windows 10 Activation After Free Update: I recently updated my ASUS Notebook PC to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1, meaning I don't have a product key. I should have a digital license, and to be honest, I'm not sure what all of that means. Anyway, it says that I haven't activated genuine Windows 10, and every time...
  8. Can't activate my windows 10, the free version.

Can't activate my windows 10, the free version.: I once bought the windows 8. Then windows gave their free version of windows 10, so i got it. After some years, i have finally updated my pc, motherboard blablabla. Boot up, everything was working, logged on my account, windows was fine, everything was cool. The next day,...
  9. Can't activate Windows 10 after hardware update.

Can't activate Windows 10 after hardware update.: Hello, As the tilte states after upgrading hardware (in this case I've changed my motherboard) Windows is not activated. I went to "Activation" -> "TroubleShooting" -> "I've recently changed my hardware on this device" . But I get this message: Something went wrong We’re...
  10. Windows 10 activation for free

Windows 10 activation for free: I had upgraded for free when Microsoft was offering the upgrade for free some time ago. Now I am being blocked out of many services, and it wants me to provide the activation key. I never was given an activation key from the free upgrade, and unfortunately do not have my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant activate windows after pc died

2. activate windows 10 after pc upgrade

3. cant activate windows 10 after free upgrade