Windows 10: Can't activate Windows 10 after resetting with C drive formatted

Discus and support Can't activate Windows 10 after resetting with C drive formatted in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Can't activate Windows 10 after resetting with C drive formatted. Had license of the following form: A new PC running Windows. The product... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bharat Ram Ammu, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Can't activate Windows 10 after resetting with C drive formatted

Hi, Can't activate Windows 10 after resetting with C drive formatted.

Had license of the following form:

A new PC running Windows. The product key is preinstalled on your PC, included with the packaging the PC came in, or included on the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) attached to the PC.

Tried:
    Running on cmd wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey but apparently can't find key in Registry.

Also can't find any Certificate of Authenticity (COA) of windows label on the laptop.

Help required. Thanks in advance!

:)

Bharat Ram Ammu, Jan 11, 2019

2. Formating C Drive---Windows10 Reset option

Dear All

My free upgrade Windows10 has some C-drive errors and I am planning to format the drive to counter any lasting issues for my hard disk but I am not sure whether during Reset I would be able to format C drive before re-install. Please advise.Will my Windows10
    still be activated?

If the format option is not available during Reset option, please inform the best option to Install a fresh copy of Windows10 after formating OS Drive portion and what about activation? will my Windows10 still be activated?

Thanks

Kashif

Kashif Ali_95, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jan 11, 2019
  4. RejZoR Win User

Can't activate Windows 10 after resetting with C drive formatted

How to format hard drive and still keep windows 10?

Though just formatting C: drive isn't enough. Old Windows created one extra hidden partition and Windows 10 creates another one, both together taking almost 1GB of space.

RejZoR, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Can't activate Windows 10 after resetting with C drive formatted

1. Can't activate Windows 10 after resetting with C drive formatted - Similar Threads - Can't activate resetting

2. Can't access c drive folder after a PC reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access c drive folder after a PC reset: I can't access the C Drive folder after I reset and deleted everything + reinstall windows. I search everywhere for answers but none of them could helped me. I tried the changing owner in the folder properties but met with "Error Applying Security" to a few files including...
  3. Windows 10 activation after formatting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 activation after formatting: I formatted my HDD and then clean installed windows 10 but they don't activate Error code:0xC004F213 I've tried everything I could find and nothing worked I thought the activation key is bound to my motherboard what's the issue here I don't understand I am getting desperate...
  4. Format windows 10 operating drive C:

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Format windows 10 operating drive C:: Are there a simple command from the search line in windows 10 to completely format the main C: drive for the windows os? Any informaton very welcome.Thanks....
  5. C: Drive Formatting.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C: Drive Formatting.: I have had Windows 10 for a while but now ive installed on another Drive called D drive on to my new SSD D: drive and it's been running fine on D drive for months and I want to format all of the c drive to use for new storage item whatever they me. Will that be ok to go...
  6. Windows 10 Formatted the C: Drive

Windows 10 Formatted the C: Drive: I have Windows 10 on my System(I'm using my Chromebook to write this) and I formatted the C: Drive and I can't get the ISO to work and I don't have a blank DVD and I really need my Windows 10 System Back, but I don't have any other computer running Windows or any OS that...
  7. Re Installing Windows After C Drive Format

Re Installing Windows After C Drive Format: Hello, I would like some help. I want to to a Complete reinstalltion of windows 10, I want to whipe all my drives then do a fresh installtion. however my version is a free upgraded version from a windows 7 pro install. How do I go about formating the hard drive and...
  8. Windows 10 Formatted the C: Drive

Windows 10 Formatted the C: Drive: I have Windows 10 on my System(I'm using my Chromebook to write this) and I formatted the C: Drive and I can't get the ISO to work and I don't have a blank DVD and I really need my Windows 10 System Back, but I don't have any other computer running Windows or any OS that...
  9. Windows 10 Formatting the C: Drive

Windows 10 Formatting the C: Drive: I have Windows 10 on my System(I'm using my Chromebook to write this) and I formatted the C: Drive and I can't get the ISO to work and I don't have a blank DVD and I really need my Windows 10 System Back. Sincerely, CommentedBat...
  10. Windows 10 not activating after format

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 not activating after format: I previously had Windows 10 Pro on my laptop, then I had to do a format due to a virus. Initially I installed Windows Pro N by mistake which did not activate, but then reformatted again to install Windows 10 Pro. I checked on my Microsoft account and it shows that my laptop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. formatted hard drive and put new windows on it now it will not activate with new product id

2. windows 10 on formatted hard drive how to activate