Windows 10: Can't activate Windows 10 after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro.

Discus and support Can't activate Windows 10 after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I purchased Windows 10 Pro through the Microsoft Store and I cannot activate it. I was using the bundled Windows 10 Home when I purchased my laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by _VE, Apr 24, 2019.

1. _VE
    _VE Win User

Can't activate Windows 10 after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro.

I purchased Windows 10 Pro through the Microsoft Store and I cannot activate it. I was using the bundled Windows 10 Home when I purchased my laptop. The Windows 10 activation troubleshooting tool isn't helping me at all. How do I activate Windows 10 Pro?

:)

2. Laurijan Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I bought Windows 7 Pro OEM key from G2Play.net for 12€ to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - worked like a charm but be advised if you buy a OEM key you can not download the Win 7 iso from microsoft and have to get it elsewhere.

Laurijan, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Can't activate Windows 10 after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro.

Windows 10 pro

I need to change my motherboard, have windows 10 pro. When i google how to it says go to activation then add an account, my issue is there is no add an account option under activation? Or am I in the wrong window?

Can't activate Windows 10 after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro. windows%2010%20pro_zpsfb4x7tmp.png

Not sure how to proceed, ive googled it and the same results. Do I have an OEM or? On the disk sleave it says OEI DVD?
    The COA says windows 10 pro for OEM software

jaggerwild, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

Can't activate Windows 10 after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro.

1. Can't activate Windows 10 after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro. - Similar Threads - Can't activate upgrading

2. Can't activate or upgrade Windows 10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't activate or upgrade Windows 10 home to pro: I just installed Windows 10 home. Then found out my key is for Win 10 Pro. Tried to activate it but always get the 0xC004F050 error. It is a Windows Pro retail code so it should work, right? Tried the workaround with the default code VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T to upgrade...
  3. Can't activate Windows 10 after upgrade from Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate Windows 10 after upgrade from Home to Pro: I have been using Windows 10 Home Single Language. It was pre-installed on my laptop. Then I upgraded to build 19041.1 from Slow ring. After that I purchased an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro through Microsoft Store. Now the systems tells that it is "Windows 10 Enterprise"...
  4. Can't re-activate windows 10 pro after hardware upgrade

Can't re-activate windows 10 pro after hardware upgrade: Hi, Hoping I can get a bit of help. I replaced my motherboard and cpu and even though I had a digital licence linked to my Microsoft account, I now can't re-activate windows. I get the error: 'Something prevented us from communicating with our activation servers. Wait a...
  5. Windows 10 upgrade to Pro not activating

Windows 10 upgrade to Pro not activating: We have 2 computers that had windows 10 home edition with an active license. We updated them to Windows 10 Pro so that we can put them on a domain. These were purchased from Dell so they were not preowned. With the new Windows 10 Pro installed windows wont activate and...
  6. After baying upgrade and upgrading to windows 10 pro from windows 10 home I can't activate...

After baying upgrade and upgrading to windows 10 pro from windows 10 home I can't activate...: After baying upgrade and upgrading to windows 10 pro from windows 10 home I can't activate windows. Both keys were bought from the Microsoft store. In my Microsoft store account I have product key only for windows home. My order for windows pro is done but I don't have any...
  7. Can't activate after upgrading from 10 Home to Pro

Can't activate after upgrading from 10 Home to Pro: I have just bought a new Asus VivoBook laptop with Windows 10 Home. I followed the upgrade path and ordered and paid for an upgrade to Pro, but I now get 0x803F7001 error and it won't activate. It also says that I am now on Windows 10 Enterprise. I am in the UK. What can...
  8. Can't activate Windows 10 Pro after purchasing upgrade from Windows 10 Home

Can't activate Windows 10 Pro after purchasing upgrade from Windows 10 Home: Bought a Windows 10 Pro upgrade, but Windows won't activate as now it believes it has Windows 10 Enterprise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-activate-windows-10-pro-after-purchasing/82bcb310-2b38-49b4-a885-b7e6098b09eb"
  9. Windows 10 Not Activated After Home to Pro Upgrade

Windows 10 Not Activated After Home to Pro Upgrade: Hello -- I recently upgraded my three-month old Razer Blade laptop from Windows 10 Home to Pro using the Windows Store. I then restarted, enabled Bitlocker on my C: drive, then added a PIN to my that drive after enabling "Require PIN" in Group Policy Editor. A day after...
  10. Activating Windows 10 Pro After a Hardware Upgrade!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activating Windows 10 Pro After a Hardware Upgrade!: I followed all the steps to linking my Windows 10 Pro to my Microsoft account so that I could upgrade my hardware, reinstall Windows 10 Pro, and activate it, but it's not working. I'm signed into my Microsoft account. I tried the activation troubleshooter, selecing that I...