Windows 10: Can't Activate Windows 10 Home after switching my VM setup

Discus and support Can't Activate Windows 10 Home after switching my VM setup in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I created a Virtual Machine and installed Windows 10 Home on it. Then I bought Windows 10 Home through microsoft.com and everything was activated. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MarkMcEntire, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Can't Activate Windows 10 Home after switching my VM setup

I created a Virtual Machine and installed Windows 10 Home on it. Then I bought Windows 10 Home through microsoft.com and everything was activated. I realized I had to change a setting on my VM setup that required me to remove that VM and install a new one. So I created a new VM installed windows 10 home on it and linked my microsoft account to it but it won't activate.

How do I get my license that I bought from Microsoft to correspond with the 2nd VM that I setup? The first one has been removed.

:)

MarkMcEntire, Jan 20, 2020
  2. MMO77 Win User

Windows 10 VM activation

Hi,

I am trying to setup two Windows 10 vms for test purposes on Ovirt virtualization cluster. (Windows 10 Pro with MAK key from visual studio (MSDN) subscription).

Activation of the first vm encountered no problem, but activation of the second one failed. I have tried to setup second vm by all available means (by cloning from the first one with or without sysprep, from activated state or from clean installed snapshot,
    by installing second vm from scratch, etc.). All are with the same results: The last product key you entered XXXXX can't be used on this copy of Windows (0xC0EA0003).

Is it possible to have several Win 10 vms on the same hypervisor, activated with MAK key?

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

MMO77, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10  

Still not understanding you.

The Linux on Hyper-V vm tutorial at the Eight Forums Part 6 of this tutorial links to tells clearly and in logical order how to setup an OpenSUSE vm. I will not do that tutorial for each available Linux distro separately; we are on Windows Forums, that tutorial is only for reference.

These instructions as told in the tutorial are valid for most Linux distros I have tried:
    • Set up a Linux VM (step 1.2)
    • When setting up the vm, do not connect to a virtual switch (step 1.2.5)
    • Add a Private virtual switch to a Legacy virtual adapter (step 1.3)
    • Install OpenSUSE (step 1.4)
    • When installed, connect the legacy virtual adapter to an external virtual switch for network and Internet connectivity (step 1.4.15)
    I am totally unable to understand your point. Following those instructions, the vm will be created, Linux installed, and finally the vm connected to the network and Internet.

I am sorry that you have issues with your product key but that has nothing to do with Hyper-V.

4. hboers_ Win User

Can't Activate Windows 10 Home after switching my VM setup

Activation and Re-activation of Windows 10 Pro VM (VirtualBox, OSX Host) not working

I've moved a working and activated Windows 10 Pro VM (VirtualBox) from a Windows 10 Host to an OSX Host. The re-activation of the is not Working (Error Code 0xC004C003). I also moved a Windows 7 Pro VM that reactivate without problems. I tried everything
    mentioned in the process to activate. Nothing works or even outputs some useful hint or support contact.

• used another (afaik unused) product key. not working! Same Error Code.
    • created a new VM and installed a fresh Windows 10 pro. The new machine can not be activated!

Thus this seems to be a problem within the crappy M$ activation system.

Any useful hint how to activate this M$ crap would be highly appreciated.

hboers_, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

Can't Activate Windows 10 Home after switching my VM setup

1. Can't Activate Windows 10 Home after switching my VM setup - Similar Threads - Can't Activate Home

2. Can't Switch Users in Windows 10 Home

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't Switch Users in Windows 10 Home: I suddenly am not able to switch to another user account on our Windows 10 Home PC. I have 3 user accounts set up which our family switches between, but a couple of days ago it suddenly only shows one of them on the Log In screen. I'm unable to switch user accounts from the...
  3. Can't Switch Users in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Switch Users in Windows 10 Home: I suddenly am not able to switch to another user account on our Windows 10 Home PC. I have 3 user accounts set up which our family switches between, but a couple of days ago it suddenly only shows one of them on the Log In screen. I'm unable to switch user accounts from the...
  4. Can't Switch Users in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I cant activate my windows 10 home vm on virtual box.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I cant activate my windows 10 home vm on virtual box.: The host operating system is ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS. I tried: entering the code manually, but after not working I removed and added a new virtual disc, and added the code into its acpi tables. Didnt help, and after clicking troubleshoot it says they couldn't find it....
  6. I cant activate my windows 10 home vm on virtual box.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant activate my windows 10 home vm on virtual box.: The host operating system is ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS. I tried: entering the code manually, but after not working I removed and added a new virtual disc, and added the code into its acpi tables. Didnt help, and after clicking troubleshoot it says they couldn't find it....
  7. I cant activate my windows 10 home vm on virtual box.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. My Windows 10 home can't activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My Windows 10 home can't activated: Hello I'm Rahanif can someone help me i'm am using Windows 10 home but someone has robbed my product key like this 7HNRX-D7KGG-3K4RQ-4WPJ4-YTDFH and snice now i buy windows 10 pro but i want Windows 10 home again...
  9. Windows 10 activation after version switched from Home to Enterprise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 activation after version switched from Home to Enterprise: I have been running Windows 10 Home on this tower for years. Recently I got a message that Windows needed to be activated. After looking into it I noticed that the version had switched from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Enterprise. I was told by Microsoft support to...
  10. Can't switch Users in Windows 10 Home

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't switch Users in Windows 10 Home: I've been having consistent issues with trying to switch users in windows 10 home edition. I have two users on my laptop, and if I'm signed into one, the other shows up in the settings app under accounts and in file explorer, but it never shows up in the burger menu in the...